Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wabbitmom12 wrote:
My Dear Finster ~

Thank you for helicoptering your ears so faithfully! I did finally start a new job. It's not in pharmacy...drat...but I am not giving up on that dream/goal. I am working in pre-production at Dave's company (easy assembly, lots of unwrapping parts, etc.). I can sit down when needed, and share a work table with another very nice lady named ROBIN. (That's a name you probably like a lot :) ) We get along well and it helps pass the day more quickly.

I started on January 12th...after applying January 10th. So you could say I hopped right into this new job. I am working 10 hour days, so 10 hours a week are overtime (1 1/2) pay. Last week, I worked 54 hours!!! I am pooped. I have to get up every morning at 4:30 so I can be at work by 6 am. So that means I go to bed at...get this...8:30 or 9:00 pm! Your Mama Peggy knows that is WAY EARLY for me, LOL! But, if I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep, I get too tired at work. I get home at 5 pm, and can either make supper, or do housework, - not both. Usually Dave and Krissy vote that I fix dinner, and then they clean up.

Working this much is challenging for me, but I am looking forward to paying off some bills, building up our savings account, getting our furnace fixed, and buying a new dishwasher.

I hope all of my friends will forgive me for not being around as much as usual, and know that I am thinking about them EVERY DAY while I am getting callouses on my fingers and money in my bank account. I especially thank you, dear Finster, for your support all of these months. You are a very special wabbit! I will do some special binkies this Friday, in your honor, when I get my first full paycheck. Will you join me? Awesome!!

Love,

Your Auntie Karen
Dear Auntie Karen,

I'm so glad you got a job - I was afraid my ears were gonna be stuck in helicopter position forever. When mom told me about your job - I did binkies for about 3 minutes but then I had to stop. Zuba (below me) yelled that I was shaking his cage too much.

I think that you should take your "extra" money from those "big" hours and use them to buy CRAISINS for your bunnies. After all - they don't get to see you as much...so maybe having an extra craisin or two will make them feel better.

I know I tried to send mama a message about craisins tonight to celebrate your new job. I think her message-taker is messed up though...we got baby carrots instead. Don't get me wrong....carrots are good too. But craisins ROCK!

I'm gonna keep helicoptering my ears for 15 minutes per day for you to get your dream job. (Then I'm gonna helicopter them for 15 minutes in hopes mama thinks I'm cute enough I can get a GIRL...she says she's not breeding anymore but a buck can hope!).

I gotsta go...mama's feeding the other side of the room and it won't be long before she goes by my cage and notices that I snuck out.

I'm glad you have a job and I hope you're happy. I hope your Robin is as nice as my human-sister Robin....cause she gives me pettings and helped me become "social-eyezed".

Oops- mama's at Dukey's cage. Bye!

Finnster - the cutest holland lop buck in the house (according to me!)

Thank you for asking. Miss Duchess is doing much better. She has one full week of antibiotics and her nose looks so much better and she sounds less congested then before.

Now instead of every other day, she will go a couple of days between doses.

Mr. Titan has been doing binkies lately. It is so fun to watch a 20 pound bun jump up in the air and twist his body.

Everyone is doing fine. Miss Pudge is a funny bun, she likes to get petted in the morning, but if I go to pet her in the evening she runs to the back of her cage. Mr. Carmel likes his pets in the morning too. The rest will take them anytime I want to give them.

Ms. Sweetie, black flemmie doe, has been enjoying her oats the past couple of weeks. She had dropped some weight due to teeth issues and the oats is helping her put it back on. It is funny to watch her stick her head down into the oatmeal container and munch away. She won't give me a chance to put any in her dish.

Well its starting to snow here and they have issued a blizzard warning. My weather radio went off at 4:55 am this morning. I listened to it and the blizzard warning didn't go into effect until 1:30pm today! Why did they have to wake me up so early for something that wasn't until later. Goofy bureaucrats.

Its going to be interesting getting to work tomorrow.

it's good to hear that everyone is doing fine. :) I hope Ms. Sweetie will gain weight to normal soon. Ahhhhhh snow...what can I say....boring ! I want Summer !!!
:) Take care.

How cool that you have stuff like weather radios that go off for warnings! I haven't ever seen one before. I wonder what sort of mechanism makes it go off at the right time. I mean.. it doesn't seem like it was too right in your case!

How funny to have bunnies that want to be petted in the morning but not at night!! haha These are some rabbits who know what they want! MILU would want to be petted all the time, and if I didn't, he'd jump on my lap and/or butt my hand like "hey, do your job!", hehe
So we can use oatmeal to help with dental issues? I thought they were too caloric for bunnies. I don't think MILU would have eaten them anyway (would he?) It's good to know in case I get another bunny (which I will some day). I only didn't because my family said if I travel they won't take care of him for me anymore... :( but I wish I had a new bunny...... how many do you have now?

Well the national weather service sends out a signal that makes the radios in certain areas go off. Like mine is set to only go off when weather is threatening my city or county.

Sweetie had some dental issues and now that they have been corrected I am using oatmeal to help her put some weight back on.

Last night I had Nibbles, black holland lop, out and was petting her. Well it got late and I put her back into her cage and she gave me a thump. When I was handing out banana chips she wouldn't take one from me and turned her back to me.

Thank you for letting me know about the oatmeal. I should have done that to MILU after his dental procedures..

Aw, poor Nibbles, I've never heard of a bunny refusing banana chips! She got really mad at you, didn't she? It's terrible when they turn their backs, isn't it? Pets surely know how to make us feel like crap!

Hey Dave, how are you doing? How is your wife doing? I hope all is well with all of you. :biggrin2:

Wow I hadn't realized it has been so long since I posted anything.

Well my wife is settling into her job, first time working in a factory, so it has been an adjustment. It definitely is nice having a second income again. We had to have some work done on the van and we actually had money to get it done!

I've been feeling blah the past few weeks and Wabbitmom has finally convinced me to see mydoctor for a physical. I haven't had one since I retired from the Air Force 5 years ago.

The bunny's are doing great. Miss Daisy, English lop doe, has been her usual mischievous self. She was upset this morning because when she went racing down the hall through the dining room and into the half bath the other door to the half bath wasn't open. This leads into our bedroom and she loves to go exploring the the tunnel created by our headboard.

Miss Daisy and Mr. Carmel, chocolate tort lionhead buck, have gotten new homes to give them each a little more space.

Mr. Handsome, black flemmie buck, (I need to get some photo's) is getting as big or bigger then his daddy Titan. He has just turned 8 months old, such a good boy too.

Ms. Pudge,broken steelminilop, is doing great, except for last Sunday when I was holding her on my lap and she thumped me on a very sensitive part of my body, to which I let go and she hopped onto my wife's lap and got her pets there.

Miss Dutches, black and white dutch,is being watched very closely. She had been sneezing and she received several antibiotic injections but is sneezing again. I also found evidence of possible flea poo on her so she is now being treated for that also. Poor girl, so sweet.

Nibbles, blackholland lop doe, and Oreo, dutch mix, are finally getting along now. They live in side by side cages and at first, several weeks ago after Skippery passed, fought through the bars. Now they seem to be grooming each other and when Nibbles is mad at me and thumps then proceeds to the back of her cage, Oreo is doing the same thing.

Titan, black flemmie buck, has just finished a major molt and didn't appreciate my combing out of his tail. I even straddled him with his butt facing out so I could comb his tail and he managed to still push his way underneath me and escape. This took severaltries to get it done. Those bunny legs are very powerful, especially on a flemmie. I have used this very same technique on our 55 pound pointer and he can't get away! But never under estimate the determination of a bunny.

Titan is also my buddy and when he is out while I am cleaning cages he will hop over and lay next to me to get some lovin before or after he does a binky.

Miss Baby, Himalayan nethie, is a good girl as always, very cautious when out but a wonderful little girl.

Tiny is my REW nethie and he is so cute. He knows how to work my wife into getting a extra treat or getting picked up and held. When its treat time he will literally climb the side of his cage to get his treat quicker.

Rudy, french lop agouti, has been enjoy privilege bun status. He is really good about using his litter box and not chewing on things so he often gets free roam of the room at night.

Miss Sweetie, black flemmie doe, is doing wonderfully too. She loves her oats and this morning when I was feeding them all I brought in a container of oatmeal. It was a different brand then the kind I have been buying but she started going crazy. I think she must be able to read. The instant I opened the container she was sniffing all over it and once I removed the plastic seal, she stuck her head in it and started to inhale the oats.

Miss Blueberry, blue mini rex, is as good as she always is. She loves her explore time, protests when being picked up, but quiets down instantly she is petted.

Miss Moo Moo, hotot mix, loves to be held and is enjoying destroying the new cardboard box I gave her.

The herd over all is doing great, bought a new bale of hay a couple of weeks ago and they are loving it, a lot of orchard grass. I have had to refill hay bins and tp tubes up almost daily.

I finally bought a food dehydrator for doing my own banana chips, craisins, blueberry's and other things. I don't expect to save a lot of money, its more for the conveinance. The banana's I bought are almost ready, so I will probably have a batch ready to try tomorrow. My parents love the bunny's and occasionally will give me some money for them. So with the money they gave me and some money we now have from my wife's job I bought one at Wal-mart.

I also bought a new floor lamp for the bunny room that was on sale at Menard's. It has five flexible lights so you can point them inany direction. 10 dollars after the mail in rebate so it was a good price. The floor lamp I had in there was ready to fall apart. It has seen better days and leaned in whatever direction it wanted.

Well I will post more later when I remember things, bunny's have been up to a lot more stuff and I forget to write it down to post later.

I have been scoring many points with the wife this weekend, cleaned the kitchen twice, installed a new hallway light, straightened up the living room and folded laundry. Now will she remember these points when I screw up next? Probably not, but she is happy so I am happy. Time to see if the clothes are ready to be folded.

Hehehe awww glad Wabbitmom is happy. :)I bet it is much less stressful for you guys now with the finances settling a bit. I'm sure she appreciates all the extra help with her working steady again. I hope your physical goes alright. I um hop ethat um Miss Pudges is a bit more gentle with you next time around. Lol. Oh and that Miss Dutchess feels better soon. Nibbles seems to be a bad influence on Oreo... You sure you want them to get along? :p

Thank you for the update. Have a great week you guys :biggrin:

I discovered that it is possible to over dehydrate banana slices. I will post pictures of the failed batch later. They were so badbanana addicted herd turned their noses up at them.

Trying another batch tonight, soaked them in pineapple juice first. So in the morning we'll see!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I have been scoring many points with the wife this weekend, cleaned the kitchen twice, installed a new hallway light, straightened up the living room and folded laundry. Now will she remember these points when I screw up next? Probably not, but she is happy so I am happy. Time to see if the clothes are ready to be folded.
Sorry-points expire at the end of each month.

Outta luck!!!

Great blog Dave, Such beautiful bunnies.

I'm curious as to why your Bananas didn't turn out. When I do mine I have to do them for hours. I do them while I'm at home during the day so I can keep an eye on them. I will take a couple of pictures this evening to show you what mine look like.

The bunnies LOVE them. They come and stand at the kitchen door looking at me waiting for a treat. They are just too darn smart.

Susan

TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Sorry-points expire at the end of each month.

Outta luck!!!
OH NO!:bawl:

SOOOSKA wrote:
Great blog Dave, Such beautiful bunnies.

I'm curious as to why your Bananas didn't turn out. When I do mine I have to do them for hours. I do them while I'm at home during the day so I can keep an eye on them. I will take a couple of pictures this evening to show you what mine look like.

The bunnies LOVE them. They come and stand at the kitchen door looking at me waiting for a treat. They are just too darn smart.

Susan

Thank you Susan

I have found out that it is possible to over dehydrate banana's. I will post some pictures from the first and second try's. The second ones look better, I think I will try doing some more this weekend, and like you did, watch them throughout the day. Good thing banana's are cheap.

Hey Dave throw the ones that didn't turn out in your yard for birds or any wild animals you have. I bet they would love them.:biggrin2:

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back