Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Well today was a very interesting day. My son and I both got some interesting news potential for being very good. I can't share now, but I promise I will in a few days.

MEANIE....

TEASE....

NO FAIR!!!!

The babies look adorable!! :D

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I looked out the front window this morning and I discovered this.  When I walked out to the car, the bun got up and casually hopped away.

WildbununderwagonB7-7-10.jpg

And I saw a little cottontail running out from under my (parked) car in the driveway the other day. Now I know what he was up to-- lying in the shade ;)

It has been so hot this past week. I pulled my annual stay overnight in the bunny barn last night. I got there about 830pm and walked through checking the bunny water bowls and bottles.

A couple of Holland lop buns in cages next to each other needed water. While water was poured into the one buns cage the other was desperately trying to get through the cage to get to the water. Whenthe water waspoured into its bowl, it stuck its head in to get a drink,it was so thirsty.It stuck its head in the path of the water to lick it up.

After the rabbit barn was all closed up for the night, I turned off most of the lights. There is a large wired/fenced in area where people can pet a rabbit under supervision. I got Titan out of his cage and loved him up and put him in there so he could stretch his legs. He really enjoyed that, he hopped around, dug in the litter and stretched out his big flemmie bulk.

While the evening went on,I watched Star Trek on my son's notebook he loaned me. Made rounds again through the barn, refilled a couple of water bowls that buns had knocked over. Turned off the lights and checked the weather radar before getting the cot out and laying down.

I was actually able to get some sleep, I left the large industrial fans on because it was still warm in the barn. Woke up once when a thunderstorm blew in, checked the buns and went back to sleep. The noise of the fans drowned out the crowing of the roosters in the Poultry Barn next door.

Overall a nice pleasant experience. The sunrise balloon launch was canceled due to the low overcast, still a pleasant way to spend the night with over 300 bunny's.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
When I got up to take care of the buns this morning, Miss Houdini, was out. How she got out I don't know. I could not find anything out of place, just like her name sake, she has a gift.

Houdini was just laying next to the food tub. So I put her back in with her sisters and guess who was very thirsty! She wasn't hungry, she probably munched on Auntie Daisy's and Uncle Rudy's hay racks.
Dear Houdini,

I finally got a chance to get on here and respond (instead of just read under my mama's name) and I have to tell you that I'm SOOO proud of you.

I was the original Houdini - at least in my litter and I was always so proud to escape from my cage. Mama Sweetie always groomed me when I came back and asked all about my adventures.

Have mama Sweetie tell you about the email account Daisy and I have set up for Diva discussions....and have her help you log on. I'm sending you the picture version of some ebooks I've discovered...they are:
  • How to escape ANY cage in 3 easy moves
  • How to drive your human slave crazy
  • Knowing when to be a cuddlebun (to save your rear)
  • Choosing the right human slaves
You can print them up (they're short) but have daddy Titan shred the pages along with Auntie Daisy when you're done with them.

I'm so glad mama has another Houdini to go off and have adventures for her so she can enjoy the stories. She said she thought about being a Houdini but being a mama means she has responsibilities and has to settle down - plus she's not as young as she used to be.

Gotta run - hear the humans coming.

Have fun- the life of a Houdini sure can be a blast.

Big Sister Nyx

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
:banghead  I am being outwitted by an 8 pound rabbit!  I went into the bunny room to hand out treats and she had escaped! Again!

Of course! She read her sissy Nyx's recommendations: "How to Escape ANY Cage in 3 Easy Moves" And, "How to Drive Your Human Slave Crazy" ! :biggrin2:

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
:banghead I am being outwitted by an 8 pound rabbit! I went into the bunny room to hand out treats and she had escaped! Again!
YEAH Houdini.....wait till you get to be 10 and 12 pounds and can outwit Dave....he sure was fun to tease...

Don't forget to play innocent though and snuggle up to Karen!

:roflmao:

:happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit:

Let's just say he hasn't been too thrilled to be at the fair this week, though. When Krissy was getting ready to put him on the show table, he gave her a hard nip - VERY uncharacteristic of him. She's got a bruise, but luckily no broken skin.

We'll be bringing the boy home tomorrow so hopefully he will regain his laid back demeanor!

Titan is back to his lovable self. Friday night was his first night home from the fair. When I got home from work (Karen forgot to pick me up) I went in to see him. He wouldn't come out of his cage, but he did let me pet him and love him up. It took quite awhile for him to come out.

I sat and gave him lots of pets and loved him for quite a while before I was forgiven for abandoning him at the fair. This year with being sick and only having one car, I didn't get out to the fair as much as a I did last year. He's my big lovable buddy.

Miss Licorice, went to her forever home today. The women who picked her up couldn't do it on the date she originally wanted to. Licorice has a nice big run, with a big hutch. Her new sistersare on either side ofher. There isno doubt that Licorice will be spoiled rotten.

Now we are down to Honey Bunny and Houdini. Houdini has convinced Honey Bunny that it is really fun to escape and drive me crazy. She has attempted a couple of escapes, unsuccessful, but she has tried. I think Houdini needs to conduct some more training, but she is close.

Miss Daisy is being rather good lately, I think she is up to something.

Hey Daisy....I'm new here. I'm Jar Jar Binkies (aka "Binks") and I think you're BEAU-TI-FUL...

As soon as my humans let me create an account - I'll send you some information about me....

Here's my pic..

[align=center]
DSC_0057-1.jpg

[/align]

See Daisy - I made my own account so we can chatz.

I understand you're good at helping bunnies plan escapades....wanna help? Right now we're sharing a cage with a flemish giant "runt" called "Mr Bubbles"....maybe you can help us figure out how to get rid of him? Without any violence of course...

Looking forward to seeing more of those de-light-ful ears!

JarJar

:magicwand:

Last night I was awaken to some twinkling noise,multi-colored flashes of light and what seemed to be sparkles, like the kind you see in fireworks, coming from down the hallway.

Having not slept well the past couple of days I dismissed it all as part of a dream. I fell back to sleep but was awaken a short time later to the sound ofstomping of hungry and angry bunny's from down the hallway demaneding breakfast.

I took care of the bunny's and had let the two baby flemmies out for a minute while I filled food dishes and water bottles. They were running around, Houdini, however seemed to be REALLY interested in Honey Bunny. So I decided to pick up Houdini and trance her. Well the disturbance I described earlier must have been the gender fairy. There was a portrudence and round little items on either side of it that were not there before. Ms. Houdini is now Mr. Houdini and Mr. Houdini has had a change of address to a cage above Tiny bun.

LOL...Garbage-Pail Bunny strikes agaIn! :biggrin2:

Isn't it amazing just how much trouble one e-lop can cause...and how they can hide their 12+ lbs of body when they don't want to be found??

(Oh, poor Peg...she won't know what hit her....:p)

Latest posts

Back