Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some update pictures of Mr. Houdini and Honey Bunny.

FirstHoney Bunny:

Make sure you get my good side dad!
HoneyBunnyD8-7-10.jpg

Now where is that remote?
HoneyBunnyE8-7-10.jpg

MrHoudiniA8-7-10.jpg

Are you done taking pictures yet?
MrHoudiniB8-7-10.jpg

MrHoudiniC8-7-10.jpg

Mr. Houdini
MrHoudiniD8-7-10.jpg

Aren't I handsome?
HoneyBunnyA8-7-10.jpg

HoneyBunnyB8-7-10.jpg

HoneyBunnyC8-7-10.jpg

MrHoudiniE8-7-10.jpg

[align=center]
DSC_0155.jpg

Somebunny was thumping this morning at 5:15 - for about 20-30 minutes.....every few seconds he'd thump.

Rumor has it - he was trying to contact Daisy.

Did she receive the message? It probably would have been around 6:30 am your time...

[/align]

A couple of weeks ago, after one heavy thunderstorm, my son noticed a strip of bark missing parallel to the ground on one of the main trunks. I called the power company and they sent some one out to examine it because it was next to the power line running down the street. I was told they would send a crew out and cut down the tree.

They had just finished and 3 people stopped by asking if they could take the wood. I said help yourself. They cut the tree down on Friday, Saturday morning a guy took 2 pickup loads of wood away. Another guy showed in the afternoon with a really big chainsaw and a trailer and cut up the rest of the trunk and hauled it away.

I got a tree cut down and the wood hauled away for nothing. That's my kind of deal.

[align=center]:party::birthday[/align]

I would get in trouble if I told you how old she is, but I can tell you its the seventh anniversary of her 39th birthday today!

I am cooking her favorite dinner tonight, steak and sweet corn. My daughter was going to make her a brownie cake, but wouldn't you know it, no mixes in the pantry. We had so many at one time I didn't think to check.

It's all good! Dave sent Josh to the store for a cake, and my momma made me a 9x9 of my favorite: spice cake with home-made caramel icing...YUM!

So we all got full of cake! And steak (Double YUM) and sweet corn (Yummy, YUM).

Lately it seems Daisy and Mr. Houdini have plotted together to drive me crazier then I am already.

In the morning when I feed and water the herd, I let Ms. Daisy out. When I leave the room she pulls on the gate to the bunny room. Then jumps over the gate, normally she rattles the gate enough for me to catch her before she runs down the hall.

Lately she has been going over the "wall" without making noise and is down into the living room. I have to then chase her around or rather follow her around trying to herd her back to the bunny room. This taking time away from getting the herd, fed, water and me getting ready for work. She will do this at least three times before I can get back to the bunny room.

The only time she will settle down is when I call her while holding the brush. Then she lets me groom her and tell her how beautiful she is.

Mr. Houdini is evidently taking the evening shift ofdriving me crazy. I let him out and he is trying to show me he is part mountain goat because he jumps onto all the cages. Runs around the room, digs in the litter box, emptying the contents onto the floor, shredding up some puppy training pads and managing to hop into the closet through a opening barely the width of his body. It is also very hard to get him out of there.

Iforgot to add that Mr. Houdini is getting very big and handsome like his daddy and Honey Bun isalso gettingvery bigand beautiful like her momma.It is hard at just a glance to tell Sweetie and Honey Bun apart. I am looking forward to the next show in September to see how they do. They will be five months by the time of the show.

I got really steamed atsomething a co-worker told me today:X. She was out with a friend walking last night near a park by St. Mary's College. A lady asked her and her friend if they had lost a rabbit. She told me she bent down and the rabbit hopped right over to her. Judging by the description it sounds like a Sandy Flemish giant. Thursday when she goes through the park walking she going to look for it and call me. Poor bun having its whole world turned upside down for no reason other then someone didn't want it anymore.

Mr. Houdini is going to get a custom built cage Saturday afternoon. He needs more space, so out come the old reliable NIC panels. I hopefully have enough to make his customize castle. He is full of energy and when he was out tonight he was doing binkies of all shapes and sizes. I also caught him trying to climb up two cages to get back in his.

Honey bunny is still living with Mom. It is so cute to see them laying next to each other and grooming. They are getting along really well. Once Houdini was back in his cage, I let out Honey bunny who was very excited to run around the room and show off her binkie styles.

My nephew's daughter got a bunny from her mom (his ex), a real piece of work but thats a different story, so I am going to go over Saturday morning and check the bunny out and bring over some supplies and give them a book from my rabbit library to help them out. Sounds like a cute mini-lop, gray, named Lilly.

Well I finished Mr. Houdini's cage and he spend quite awhile chinning everything. I also got the impression he was examing every inch looking for a way to escape.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Well I finished Mr. Houdini's cage and he spend quite awhile chinning everything. I also got the impression he was examing every inch looking for a way to escape.
But of course......he HAS to live up to his name....and his big sister's reputation (she's gone out open windows before when we didn't realize she could do it).

Wabbitdad12 wrote:

I would get in trouble if I told you how old she is, but I can tell you its the seventh anniversary of her 39th birthday today!

I am cooking her favorite dinner tonight, steak and sweet corn.  My daughter was going to make her a brownie cake, but wouldn't you know it, no mixes in the pantry.  We had so many at one time I didn't think to check.

A very belated happy 39th birthday to you, Karen! (I won't tell you how many times I've celebrated my 39th, but it's more than you...;))

I hope you had a wonderful day!!

:party:
:birthday

I'll take some pictures of his new abode today and get them posted.

Living up to her brothers reputation and her big sisters, I went into the bunny room this morning and I discovered Honey Bunny laying in front of brothers cage. Somehow she got out of her cage last night.

This morning while taking care of the bunny's I let Ms. Daisy out for her run time. I took the bottles I collected and went to the bathroom to fill them up. Out of the corner of my eye I see this tan flash pass down the hallway. She had figured out (e in e-lop stands for engineer I've been told) how to push on the gate until the latch became unclasped. Being Daisy Mae she couldn't just do this one time, no she had to do it several times.

While completing Houdini's new living quarters, I ran out of cable ties. It was of course too late to go get some with having to drive a distance to get to a Walmart. So I had to get creative to finish it, my son found some copper wire, so I used it to finish construction. I also made his door open in so if tried to push on it to get out it would get stopped by the cage tray bottom.

Mr. Titan is getting to be even more of a cuddly bun then before, when I am trying to clean cages he comes up and lays next to me for some petting.

Oh, I like the cage! And the idea about making the door swing in. LOL...one thing about these bunnies; they force you (*you* being anyone who owns a Houdini) to become constantly more creative and inventive! I've found that in order to outsmart an inventive rabbit, you have to be prepared to think five steps ahead of them. And even then, they are usually ahead of the game. hehe...I somehow envision a Houdini-proof cage as being totally encased in at least an entire roll of duct tape and surrounded with wire reinforcement. (And don't be too surprised if some morning you see that he's learned how to use one of those bunny toes as an opposable thumb, the secret no doubt passed on to him from Daisy.)

My problem I'm now having actually doesn't have a Yofi (or an Anna, for that matter) behind it. The manufacturer who supplies the 'rabbit hay' to our local feed store decided to start chopping the hay into little bits and then bale it into cute tiny bales. Looks sweet, but try keeping minced hay in a hay rack! If I put the hay into anything that is at ground level, Anna sits in it and pees, completely soiling most of it. So just when I'd devised a perfect hay rack that Anna couldn't jump into, that both of the bunnies were satisfied using, the manufacturer goes and spoils it. :X

P.S. I forgot to mention how impressed I am with your bunnies' coats...they're so shiny and beautiful! You should see Yofi's. He looks like his coat imploded somehow, with loose tufts of hair everywhere. Been like that ever since spring, and no matter how much I brush him, it just keeps getting ragged-er. (If you've ever seen the movie, "Steel Magnolias", think of Ouiser's poor frazzled dog. That's what Yofi looks like. )

Bassetluv wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:

I am cooking her favorite dinner tonight, steak and sweet corn.  My daughter was going to make her a brownie cake, but wouldn't you know it, no mixes in the pantry.  We had so many at one time I didn't think to check.

A very belated happy 39th birthday to you, Karen! (I won't tell you how many times I've celebrated my 39th, but it's more than you...;))

I hope you had a wonderful day!!

:party:
:birthday

:) Thanks!

Thank you, Ms. Daisy says thank you, she says she spends alot of time grooming.

They get bunny food made by ADM called Pen Pals, hay and a banana chip each night.

When I put Houdini in his newcage,he was on the shelf, trying to chin the doll rod that supports the weight of Pudge's cage andhe fell ofbackwards. He popped right back up and gave me this look of I did that on purpose.

Houdini sounds just like Bullet....I had to separate Bullet & Rudy (the two bucks that I will need to rehome soon) and Bullet got a shelf in his cage.....he loved it - and was playing around and fell off.

He shook his head and looked at me - thumped a couple of times - and hopped back up on the shelf.

I need to figure out which one of the two boys I'm keeping - and honestly - with Bullet's personality (he's a major flirt) - I want to keep him - but I need to do a hardcore evaluation for body type,etc. and not go just by personality...right?

So are y'all keeping Houdini? Or will you be rehoming him?

Latest posts

Back