Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very tempted to keep him, so far he is developing nicely, he is so energetic, but he trances easily like his mommy. I would like to get him genetically tested to see if he is 100 percent rabbit. The way he jumps on top of things and likes to climb on the tallest things in the room I am getting to think he is part mountain goat.

Wow! So much to catch up on! My favorite picture is the one of you guys holding Honey Bunny in the "football" hold and Honey Bunny looking all melty! :hearts: Too sweet for words!

Art says forget mountain goat - he's probably part cat!

This is how Mr. Houdini drinks from his water bottle in his cage.

Houdinidrinkingfromhisbottle.jpg

He eats from his hay rack the same way. Back end on the shelf and stretches his front paws on the cage side and eats his hay. His hay rack is just to the right of this picture. He was eating his hay last night like this and his front paws slipped off the wires and he wound up on the floor of his cage. He sat right up with the look of "What?"

Haha! Cute! :) My guinea pig is like that, he has to stretch from his bed to eat or drink. He won't dare get up to go get whatever it is he wants. Silly critters!

When your kid says hey Mom and Dad do you wanna see a neat trick I saw at Andy's bonfire last weekend? It is at that point you say no just tell me about it. Well Karen and I didn't and he demonstrated for us. The idea was the heat from the embers of the fire to cause pressure to buildin the upside down canblowing out the pop top of the can thus launching the soda can up into the air.

Well evidently this only works with soda cans and not lemonade cans. All it will do with lemonade cans is blow a small crater in your burn pit and scatter embers 20 feet out from the fire. Luckily, there were some large logs on the fire and the logs were between us and the unlucky lemonade can. The pop top opening on the can was still in-tacked.

This is what was left of the can, that ended up 3 feet away from where we were sitting.

Lemonadecan.jpg

Ouch! Glad that you guys had the logs in the way. That would have been ugly otherwise. I wonder if carbonation has anything to do with the difference?

This morning when I finally dragged myself out of bed, this being a 3 day holiday weekend, Karen has been keeping me up late. I heared a little commotion in the bunny room and as the herd was demanding breakfast I walked down to take a look.

Honey Bunny had somehow jiggled loose the clip on her cage door and jumped out of her cage. About a 30 inch jump down, luckily, she is alright. I surmised she hadn't been out too long gauging by the lack of bunny poo around the room.

That girl and her brother!:pare going to drive me crazy.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Personally, I think in the "How to handle your Human" handbook for bunnies, its called 'Keeping you on your toes'. You may view their endeavors a bit differently, but they may say they are only following the handbook. ;)

myheart wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Personally, I think in the "How to handle your Human" handbook for bunnies, its called 'Keeping you on your toes'. You may view their endeavors a bit differently, but they may say they are only following the handbook. ;)
:laugh:

First Miss Honey Bun got out of her cage AGAIN! I don't know how she is undoing the clasp, but she must haveopposable thumbs hidden on those paws. I went into the bunny room to find her out roaming the floor. It was quite evident that she had been out for some time judging by the amount of poo on the floor. I went out to the garage and got a metal clasp from an old dog chain to use on her cage.

When I put her back into her cage she was quite thirsty, hungry and tired.

What do you get when you put together a hot oven, cake batter and a un-level oven rack? You get a whole bunch of smoke! Karen's intent was to make one of her delicious homemade birthday cakes for my daughter. The family is getting together today for her 16th birthday.My daughter'sbirthday was September 9th. My little girl turning 16!:shock:

My daughter and I came back from getting rabbit food to smoke pouring out from the house. Doors were open, fans pushing the smoke outside, what a site. I've have been spraying Fe-breeze like crazy. We have enough candles lit that it looks like Notre Dame's grotto.

The smoke smell is still making my eyes hurt.

Like I said my daughter's birthday was on the 9th. Karen and I took her out for breakfast, Karengave a bag of Kristins favorite candy to one of her friends to give to her at school. I gave her my cell phone, hers stopped working a month ago, since we couldn't afford to get her one. She text's so much she needed a phone with a full keyboard. I also wanted her 16th birthday to be as special as possible. To her credit Kristin did not complain about not having a phonefor a couple of months. She deserved it, have to see my princess happy.

I now have my wife's old pink Verizon Razor phone with semi functioning number 7 key. It won't be so bad, I am sure, during the next year or so I will get used to the color.;)

PINK? Dave really....PINK????

Even Nyx is rolling on the floor laughing...

Seriously - I had a pinkish Razor and I LOVED it and cried when it died....I still have it here somewhere and can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Some pawn shops will have used phones if you find you just really want to change to something else. (Or maybe you're due for a free upgrade on your account? Might want to check into that..).

Nyx is very proud of her younger sister Honey Bun....she is saying that Honey Bun now needs to read the section on "Jumping out of open windows and into the back yard when your human isn't looking...". Nyx said that one takes a bit more time to master...but its oh so fun to get all the loving when your human finds you and brings you back inside...

Dave, your story reminds me about myself last year, when it was first time for me making chocolate cookies. I'm not good at it :pssd: That day ended up with smoke everywhere, even in our bedroom.

Yes, the burnt cake experience was quite aggravating!

I make home-made cake and frosting for all of the birthdays, every year...1st time I ever burned one :p. Really ticked me off, too, because I was under a time schedule, and never did get to bake the cake. I wouldn't have had time to decorate it. Darn....I had such a cute idea too. So, the girlie ended up with 2 very delicious store bought round cakes. It was fine, but I just missed the love and care of making them myself. *sigh*

Now, burnt cake is HORRIBLE, and burnt POPCORN is very SMELLY, but THE WORST burnt food story of ALL TIME is when I left for the library, having forgotten that I put eggs on to boil. 2 HOURS later, I came back to the apartment (Yes, we were newlyweds...married not even a month :p) to find BLACK smoke ROLLING out from under the door.

I knew immediately what I had done! So I rushed in, and did what any ding dong would do...grabbed the GLOWING HOT pan (it was glass...literally glowing), ran down the hall screeching, and threw the whole thing down the garbage chute! It's wonder I didn't burn the whole building down! Garbage burns, duh. Not to mention, the glass pot was near the melting point, so I don't know how nothing else in the apartment caught on fire.

Now, burnt eggshells are indescribably HORRIBLE! And the smoke had permeated the entire apartment, including our brand new furniture, delivered one week before. All of our clothes. The drapes. It was rank. And oh, did I mention that we were entertaining 25 people the next day???? Dave was in Specialty training at the Air Force Base in Denver Colorado, and we were having over the whole class and spouses for a party, in a mere 24 hours.

This was before 'Febreeze' was introduced. So, we bought 5 dozen unscented candles to burn off the smell. And we vacuumed, and powdered, and sprayed (I don't remember, probably Lysol or something) for hours. Oh, it was awful. But what do you do? Fortunately, it was a tiny 1 bedroom apartment, so the smell was "mostly" eliminated by party time, when I lit the SCENTED candles...and just told everyone what had happened. I was a good laugh, and didn't seem to damper the party any.

I don't think we ever got the burnt eggshell smell out of the drapes completely. I threw them away when we moved 6 months later.

TinysMom wrote:
PINK? Dave really....PINK????

Even Nyx is rolling on the floor laughing...

Hey I am very secure in my masculinity.;)

My son Josh's girl friend Cally remembered a friend of hers who just upgraded her phone. She contacted her friend and she still had the phone and is going to give it to me. I told Josh he has to take her out for dinner for her doing this for me. So after Thursday night no more pink phone!

So tell Nyx she can stop laughing now.:)

Back