Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kirbyultra wrote:
The babies are looking so great! I think I hear them demanding more bananas, Dave...!
Funny you should say that, I have created three more banana chip addicts! I went into the bunny room to give out treats and they were climbing over poor Miss Sweetie to get a banana chips!

Last night when I went to bed very, very late, there was a thumpfest going on in the bunny room. Started out small, but as the night wore on it was several thumps in a row ofthumps, then there would be quiet, then repeat.

When I got up to take care of the buns this morning, Miss Houdini, was out. How she got out I don't know. I could not find anything out of place, just like her name sake, she has a gift.

Houdini was just laying next to the food tub. So I put her back in with her sisters and guess who was very thirsty! She wasn't hungry, she probably munched on Auntie Daisy's and Uncle Rudy's hay racks.

Yesterday night I left Pudges and Rudy's cages open. They get along and I am working on bonding them this summer. When I was going to put them to bed I give them a little banana chip. Rudy like a bullet cameout of his cage to get his, so did Pudge. However, when Pudge got over by Rudy she started to groom him. Rudy was trying his best to get his chip, finally she let up fora brief second and Rudy was able to get his banana chip.

Poor Rudy is now trying to munch down his chip, but Pudge keeps wanting to groom him. Finally Rudy jerks his whole body to one side out from underPudges intense groomingand makes a beeline to his cage, with his back to the door crunching on his nummy treat.

Ok its official I am sick. Stuffy nose, sore throat, fever. :imsick: Can't stay home because I don't get sick days and I get points, if I go home early from work I get points and lose any overtime I might have had, grrr.

Now on the bunny front, Licorice, one of Sweeties baby's will have a new home this Friday. She is going to a very nice lady who always wanted a flemmie. She already has two buns, but wanted a flemmie. I feel really good about the home she is going to.

The fair check in date for the rabbits is this Thursday and the fair starts on Friday. I get to stay overnight in the bunny barn Saturday night/Sunday morning. Unfortunately we have to do this because in the past their have been breakin's. Before we started having people spending the night in the bunny barn, people would get in and put does and bucks together, steal, switch rabbits around. Since its now known that there is someone in the bunny barn we have had no problems.

Recently several clubs were broken in and had vandalism. So it will just beme and 300-400 bunny's, a laptop and some dvd's. The rabbits don't bother me its the stupid roosters at 4am that start crowing that do.

I am really looking forward to it. I had fun last year.

hope you feel better soon, drink lots of water and tea !

that sounds kind of fun to sit in a barn with all those bunnies...listening to the clicking of water bottles and the shuffling of bunny feet. what movies are you bringing to watch ?

Gettysburg, Gods and Generals, I will also be able to surf the net as the fair has wi-fi. Last year I thought it was raining during the night until I realized it was bunny poop hitting the metal deflectors and it falling onto the litter.:biggrin2:

Oh I remember when you did this last year - it was so cool. Sure we'll hear some sort of story about the weekend and the bunnies.

Thursday afternoon we are taking the rabbits to the fair! This year just 2 are going - Titan and Tiny. Plus, there is an open show on Saturday, so Miss Daisy will get a chance to strut her stuff, as well as our two "little" Flemmie girls, Honey and Houdini II. We may also take Caramel. Pudge and Baby can go...if they make weight. (You know how we girls always seem to need to drop "just a couple of pounds" before any big occasion. :biggrin2:)

wabbitmom12 wrote:
Thursday afternoon we are taking the rabbits to the fair! This year just 2 are going - Titan and Tiny. Plus, there is an open show on Saturday, so Miss Daisy will get a chance to strut her stuff, as well as our two "little" Flemmie girls, Honey and Houdini II. We may also take Caramel. Pudge and Baby can go...if they make weight. (You know how we girls always seem to need to drop "just a couple of pounds" before any big occasion. :biggrin2:)
But youdon't need to dear!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
wabbitmom12 wrote:
:inlove: Thanks, Hunny!
Did I score some points?:pray:
Remember - any points scored *may* expire and be unusable by Saturday at noon.

Not all marriages have the "rollover" system for handling points.

Well, we got to the fair with the rabbits today. It was SO HOT!! 94 degrees...and about 99% humidity :grumpy:. A storm was brewing - and it broke right after we left the fairgrounds. It doesn't help that my car's A/C is broken, and only 2 of the 4 car windows roll down! But, when the rain came it cooled the temp for an hour or so, which was nice. Fortunately, after tomorrow, the temps are supposed to drop to the low to mid 80's...much better for buns AND people.

I was a bit aggravated, though...Krissy gets to show just one rabbit this year, as she and her dad forgot to put Tiny on her Declaration Form. :X No D.F., no show da bunny. So Mr. Titan is "on his own" the next 8 days. We got him all settled in, complete with a frozen water bottle to help him cool down. I felt bad for Tiny, though, because he got dragged all the way to the fairground (30-40 min drive) in the horrid heat, and waited in line with us, and waited while we got Titan settled...then didn't even need to be there. And this was after having his nails trimmed this afternoon before we left - so he would be all handsome for the judges - and which he thoroughly hates!

One good thing though, he can compete during the Youth and Open show on Saturday, even if he doesn't get to be in the fair this year. Kristin just loves that little rabbit. (Is there anything sweeter than a REW Netherland, even though they have just a bit of a 'tude? I mean, he is 1 1/2 lbs of furry cuteness. :inlove:) She'll enjoy fussing over him all day until it's his turn for judging.

Well today was a very interesting day. My son and I both got some interesting news potential for being very good. I can't share now, but I promise I will in a few days.

It was also a long day, the heat and humidity was terrible. Working in a warehouse on a day like today is miserable. I feel for all the bunnys at the fair, including my handsome black flemish boy Titan.

I also got an incredible deal on a19 inch wideLCD monitor. A guy I work with got a new pc at home with new monitor etc and he sold it to me for $30. So I am quite pleased with myself.

Well I need to get some forms filled out ahead of time for the rabbit show tomorrow, so off I go.

Latest posts

Back