Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats been her plan all along! i thought you knew bunnies well enough that they don't like to do what you plan, they like to make you squirm first!:big wink:

Any babies yet?? I can't wait until you breed Lily, I want to see her as a momma!

gentle giants wrote:
Any babies yet?? I can't wait until you breed Lily, I want to see her as a momma!

Velvet is being as stubborn as my wife!:) She is big, belly is firm and my wife is adament that she felt something move.

Well, if this turns out to be a false pregnancy, the Lilly will be next.

Well I think Velvet had a false pregnancy. I don't know why she would get so big, but if it were to happen it would have by now.

What to do next?:?

BREED LILY!!! :biggrin2:

Well, I decided to give Velvet another try since she will be turning later this year and I don't want to try after that.

I am hoping that Barney is not the problem either. If Velvet does get pregnant this time I am going to try Lilly.

Hopefully Velvet will become pregnant and all will be well. If not, I may have to get another steel buck. I won't get rid of Barney, he's here to stay!,I need him to counter all the estrogen in the house.:)

2-17-08 Herd Update

I've been fighting the bunny snuffles here lately. Barney my flemmie steel buck had them and before him Mr. Muffin. Muffin had it the worst and its taken him a while to show signs he was getting better. He's is eating and drinking better and is starting to put some weight back on.

My wife's bun Dutchy is behaving, eating, etc., normally but looks like she has a prolapse:(. She is going to the vet tomorrow and I hope its not too late, if the vet (whom I trust very much) says there is nothing he can do, well I guess we will cross that bridge after the visit. She is such a sweet cuddly rabbit, I really don't want her to cross over the bridge yet.

No idea if Velvet is preggie this time. I hope so, why can't they make a pregnancy test kit for rabbits? I hope she is, because if something can't be done for Dutchy, it would be some comfort for my wife to pick out one of Velvets babies to keep.

2/19/08 Update

:woohooMy wife took Dutchess to the vet and she doesn't have a prolapse but a urinary infection. I know it sounds silly to be excited about that but I was really afraid of the prolapse and aquick turn for the worst it couldtake. The doc gave her some meds and with Dutchess being in such good physical health, he didn't think it would take too long to knock out the infection.

We have meds now for thebuns with snuffles too. So its antibiotics for a snack tonight for the bunnies!

Hey Wabbitdad, glad to hear it's just a uninary infection. I know doesn't that sound silly that were glad, but I know exactly what you mean.

Susan:sickbunny:

2-23-08

All the flemmies, except Velvet (whom I hope is pregnant this time), went to a show today and came home winners!

Lilly won Best of Variety, Best of Breed and Best 6 class rabbit.

Sweet won Best of Variety

Barney won Best of Variety and Best of Show.

:woohoo

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
2-23-08

That's my girl!!!!!!! :great::yahoo:

Thank you! :biggrin2:My family was very pleased about how well they all did.

We were especiallycurious how Lilly would do today. We keep telling her she's beautiful (I don't think she gets tired of hearing it) but thejudges today confirmed.

I love my bunnies and they bring myself and my family a lot of enjoyment.

I have also discovered some time back that no matter what is going on in my life, I cannot be mad or sad when holding a bunny. They have such a calming affect that I have never really experienced with other pets that I have had. I love my dogs, tolerate my wife's cats, but bunny's are such complex animals, that you cannot appreciate their value until you have one or more as pets.

It is amazing how fun it is to get down on the floor on their level and just watch them has they hop around the room, come toyou to get some attention then binky as they go on to something else.

Barney, whom I initially didn't want, mainly because I didn't think I had room has become such a wonderful bunny to me. One reason is the way he went through the time when he had a couple of very large abcessess under his chin. Despite what had to be great discomfort to him, he never lashed out at me in any way. He patiently endured the ucky medicine, the minor surgury to drain them and my squeezing the pus out the open wound so it would heel. Its amazing what you can learn from a bunny. This adorable 20 pound bunny taught me that despite what you go through lashing out won't help the situation.

Rudy was another bunny whom I didn't initially want but was "talked" :laugh:into. After hearing his story of being passed around a few homes, I knew he needed to have a place to call home. Once we got passed a few bumps, he has become the gentlest rabbit you can imagine. I can't imagine this home without him.

Some people can't understand my love of rabbits and I suppose they never will. Butwhen you hold one and observe theirunique personalities, you can't help but be in awe of such a fragile but strong creationof God's.

Lilly has determined I am her personal slave and when ever she is out, she has to be very close to me. When I check on the rabbits in the morning, I let her out and she stretches her legs while I make sure everyone has sufficient food and water.

Lilly likes to be right between my legs while I walk around. I guess its her way of telling me I am not worshiping her enough, silly girl. It is interesting I think of how some of my rabbits picked out who they like best.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
2-23-08

All the flemmies, except Velvet (whom I hope is pregnant this time), went to a show today and came home winners!

Sweet won Best of Variety

Barney won Best of Variety and Best of Show.

Congrats! That is Fantastic! lol at Lily :)

I just want to say your bunnies are absolulty GORGEOUS They are just so SWEET!!

Latest posts

Back