Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabbitdad12

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
(carried overfrom Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd)

Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

12/3/07 Latest Addition

This is Lily a light grey flemish giant doe. She is very sweet and pretty. My daughter and I picked her up on Saturday 12/1 after a 7 hour drive one way. It should only have taken a little over 4 hours, but about 60 miles from our destination we ran into an ice storm. After a couple of skids and 30 miles per hour later and some good unlost directions from Gentlegiants husband we made it. I saw Lily and fell in love right then. We put her in the travel cage we brought and after only 6 1/2 hours later we made it home. My daughter and I managed to catch up to the ice storm we went through earlier. I lost count the number of vehicles in the median or ditch. As you can see Lily has settled in nicely and was giving out bunny kisses before I tranced her.

Lilytranced12-1-07.jpg

12-10-07

The whole family is still in amazement on Lily's color and here brilliant white belly! She is a great rabbit and smart too, in the photo's you see her sorting laundry.

Lilyscloseup12-9-07.jpg

LilyHelpsSortLaundrypicture212-9-07.jpg

Lily212-9-07.jpg

12/22/07Sweeties Litter Update

I had contacteda friend of mine from the Indiana House Rabbit Societyregarding local rabbit rescues that might be able to take the baby flemmies if I couldn't find homes for them. She recommended one andgave me the contact information. Heartland Small Animal rescue didn't have any room, but the director put an ad on Petfinder.com for me. She had sent me an e-mail letting me know that a foster was interested in taking one of the boys and another might take the other.

About a weekwent by and she contacted me and asked if I could bring thebaby's to an adoption event they were havingover the weekend of 12/8-12/9. I called to see if I needed to pick one up or both. I was very happy when she told me one of the volunteers hadfallen in love with both the boys,loved how friendly they were and howgood they were with each other. So the volunteer adopted them.

On 12/8 I hadBarney, Lillyand Nibbles pictures taken with Santa at the store we buy our hay and rabbit chow at. When we went in a couple of weeks before to get some rabbit chow they asked if we were going to bringBarney in to get his picture taken with Santa. We had brought him in once and having never seen a flemish giant, he made a lasting impression on them.

So here are the pictures of Barney, Lilly and Nibbles.

BarneyandSanta.jpg

LillyandSanta.jpg

NibblesandSanta.jpg

more later...

We recently attended a girl's birthday party that required the purchase of a bag of food for Heartland!

Bo can fold laundry too! He and Sweetie are such intelligent little buggers!

love the washing folding Lilly i wonder if i can teach Bill that more likely i wuld have holey clothes lol.

Love the pic with Lilly tranced too its amazing to see a giant tranced mne are so dinky lol

YAY!!! i love this blog. When my friends make fun of me for wanting more rabbits i just say, "hey, there's this guy on my rabbit website who has like, 13 and they are doing great". it makes me belive that i can have lots (well not as many) of buns when i get older

Well since I cannot edit my blog for some reason, I get a message saying I had to do it .2 hours after I posted.

Well, in late December I got my blue flemish doe Velvet and my steel buck Barney together. I am pretty sure it took, she is getting visibly bigger. Her due date should be in a little over 2 weeks!

Anxious to see the colors of the babies.:)

Guys, I don't mean to be rude but I just need to mention that this is his blog. It really isn't about the santa and the comments are becoming somewhat offensive. How would you feel if you posted about your furry family and all the comments were laughing at them?

Happy News!:bunnyheart My blue flemish doe Velvet has been using her potty box to make a nest in. So if all goes well, next week I should have some flemish babies/kits to tell everyone about!

When I clean her cage tonight I am going to put in the nesting box and transfer the fur etc into it. She's been a busy expecting Momma, shredding paper and pulling fur. I can't wait to see the little cuties.

This Christmas, I think I will assist Santa a little more so he is not as terrified of the giant killer bunnies from mars! lol

More pics of flemmies please:biggrin2:. They're just gorgeous.

Oh, you have a friend that works at Indiana HRS? Neat, that's where I got my Angel-rip.

So glad you guys got to your destination okay in that ice storm. Those are so scary.

1-21-08 Update on the herd

Velvet is looking wider then ever, her food consumption has not noticeably increased, so I am hoping she is pregnant. If she is like I suspect, then she should give birth sometime this week.

Here is a picture of her last summer:

Velvetrelaxing.jpg

Here is a picture of her on January 20th:

Velvetwideview01-21-08.jpg

On Sunday my wife said she was checking on Velvet and she watchedVelvet's tummy move around. I began having my doubts :?about a week ago and I will believe it when I see a bunch ofclosed eye flemmies squirming aroundthe nesting box.

The waiting to see if she is or not is the killer!

Latest posts

Back