Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was asked sometime back how many bunny's I was up to and I said 15. When I went to make this picture I counted 16!:shock:

So here they are all sixteen bunny's. First row from left to right. Dutchess, Baby, Rudy and Oreo. Second row, Moo Moo, Carmel and Thumper. Third, row Nibbles, Sweetie, Tiny and Velvet. Fourth row, Titan, Skippery and Mr. Muffin. Fifth row, Pudge and Blueberry.

Bunnies_as_of_12-5-08.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Your bunnies make me smile like a maniac!

I got home very late from work tonight and had thought about putting off cleaning cages until Saturday morning, but I decided to do it Friday night as scheduled. I was letting some of the herd out to hop around and give them some attention. When I got to Titan, I opened his cage, game him some pats and asked him if he was going to come out. He did and decided to do a binky and pee on me at the same time the little (well big) stinker. So much for that pair of jeans!

OMG :shock:? I've been away for far to long and you BBB"s turned into young Buns!

Loved the "family photo" and they are ALL so cute - couldn't pick a favorite.. Would love to be able to come home to that group.. Count yourselves blessed... :)

Velvet is not looking well tonight and unfortunately I cannot take her to the vet anytime soon.

My wife Karen (Wabbitmom12) has just lost her job, owner just decided last week that he is going to close the doors December 31st. Not to thelack of sales, in fact sales are good, he just decided he no longer wants to run a business and didn't want to sell it.

So I am hoping thatVelvet will be able to fight it off. I just can't take, being laid off myself starting possibly the 23rd to January 5th and losing another bun this year. I am kicking myself for getting thethree buns last month. Then again, we had no idea she would be losing her job.

I don't know what I am going to do if I lose Velvet. :(

Well I am not sure whether to continue with this blog or create a new one for 2009.

Last night before my wife and I left for her sisters to bring in the New Years, I thought well I better take of the buns now and I won't have to do it when we get back (not knowing what time that would be). I am glad I did, my brother and sister n law introduced us to Mexican Train dominoes. We played it until 3am this morning and got home around 4am. I haven't stayed out that late in years!

I think the bunny's were happy that I fed them before I left though, it would only have been 8 hours past their normal supper time!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Well, I decided to give Velvet another try since she will be turning later this year and I don't want to try after that.

I am hoping that Barney is not the problem either. If Velvet does get pregnant this time I am going to try Lilly.

Hopefully Velvet will become pregnant and all will be well. If not, I may have to get another steel buck. I won't get rid of Barney, he's here to stay!,I need him to counter all the estrogen in the house.:)

Too funny - I have the opposite problem here - my hubby, "adopted" son (oldest son's best friend lives with us) and two of my own boys... oh yeah, and the neutered orange tabby and neutered Yellow Lab... the testosterone here is overflowing.

So, in my barn, there are six horses - all mares - and two spayed pot belly pigs. Add my spayed GSP and my spayed Siamese and I have my own private Estrofest!

Hope you get those baby Flemish Giants soon - they look like they are just loveable!

Denise

What happens when you get a blue flemish buck with an attitude in the same room as a blue flemish doe (fully recovered) with an attitude?

You get a rumble! Ding! Ding! Ding!

In this corner a young blue flemish buck Thumper, he thinks he is the boss of the bunnys.

Thumperdoessomerearrangingonthecouc.jpg

In the other corner you have a recently ill, but now fully recovered blue flemish doe with her attitude back, Velvet! Who know's she is the boss of the herd!

Velvet23-9-08.jpg

I was cleaning cages last night and as usual I let thumper have his time out to explore, go pee infront of Titan's cage etc. Well I had just finished Velvet's cage, Thumper was out in the middle of the room when Velvet came charging out of her cage and knocked him over.

Well Thumper wasn't about to let this tarnish his manly image so he follows Velvet back into her cage! Wrong thing to do! She chased him out and had a mouth full of blue fur. A couple of times they went at it before I could intervene. Finally I managed to get both of them back into their cages, I checked each one to make sure they didn't hurt each other.

Later that night I was feeding them and when I got to Thumpers cage and opened it up he darted out right for Velvet. When I tried to herd him back into his cage, he showed his displeasure by peeing on my foot! Ah the life of a bunny slave.

I barely have enough time when cleaning my 1 rabbit's cage and litter box. How long must it take to go through 16 bunnies?!
Propz, wabbitdad... seriously!

Latest posts

Back