The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That´s me as well, I pick them up and look at them carefully and then usually smile....how weird are we all....poops making us getting all excited lol. We are all poop obssessed but it is nice when others understand the same obsession haha.

Bandy takes up almost that whole box! I forgot to respond to some of the Lambchop comments that were floating around.. I used to watch Lambchop all the time in elementary school! I forgot about those videos.

Doc used to binky on top of Dora all the time! Usually his combination binky/running circuit includes landing in the litterbox for a brief second and immediately leaping out of it, (very, very messy), and sometimes Dora would be munching innocently in the box and all of a sudden have Doc on top of her. I would sometimes be worried because she was a tiny girl, but she never seemed to mind much!

It is funny and strange how we're all obsessed with poop. Well, rabbit poop isn't usually gross, so it shouldn't seem that weird to other people! Just the other morning I was marveling at Doc and how every time I clean his litter box, he'll go poop in a huuuuge yet organized pile. I was praising how big his pile of poop was as well. And Rory has been pooping a lot more than when I first got her! I suppose she is growing, she looks bigger in pictures I uploaded today compared to her first few days home. So she's been getting praised for her increase in poops. :p

Yes, Bandy is our official Lamb Chop...probably because of all that hair round his face but he just reminded me of that darn puppet and Morgan agreed so the name has stuck.

I am always amazed by the amount of poop that comes out of these three. I also always laugh when you´ve just cleaned the tray and put fresh hay there and one of them will have been sitting there for a while munching and when he goes, there´s a massive mound of poops all in one place....yes, they do poop an awful lot but that´s a good thing for us.

By the way, time out went well yesterday, they were out for around 3 hours before I had to put one away so that was really good. I may have another little time out session again today to keep up the momentum.

Glad to hear their time out went well!! I love to hear bunnies getting along :)

Yes poop, poop, poop! Definite topic with rabbit owners.

Speaking of I gave my sister a random rabbit poop lesson the other day when we were on the phone. She is one of my bun sitters when we go to DC and I was cleaning litterboxes and talking to her at the same time so I told her about poops and Cecotropes. She was thoroughly horrified...."they EAT their poop!?" she said. I forget how used to it rabbit owners are. I guess maybe that's a gross fact for people to learn about! Haha

She was thoroughly horrified...."they EAT their poop!?" she said. I forget how used to it rabbit owners are. I guess maybe that's a gross fact for people to learn about! Haha

This is the definition of what it feels like to be the only rabbit owner out of my friends and family! They're all disgusted my rabbit eats her poop and horrified I let her lick me despite that fact. What can I say? As a bunny owner, I'm usually pleased as punch she wants to groom me at all and proud I very rarely find uneaten cecals! When they hear me congratulate her on a nice, big pile of pretty, perfect-looking poop they look at me like I'm nuts!

You only really think about the cecal eating, when you share food with them. Its that awkward moment when you're like "oh, here take a bit of my grape" gives bite to bunny, then eats the rest of the grape, swallows then realizes they eat their own poop! hahah. Yes, it has happened to me on countless occasions where I share food with Foo or Ellie and then think back to it.
BUT they have "clean" poop, as in they only eat hay and greens and some pellets, so its not like other animal poop at all. To me, totally clean and okay! haha.
Isn't it great to own rabbits? It takes a special person to have them and love them like we do.

Too right you all are...we are so lucky to own such awesome little creatures who surprise us every day. I also laugh when I think of Snowy covering me with little licks and then thinking he´s probably just been down there eating his poops. Can´t say it really bothers me now. As Morgan says, they´re really clean poop so who cares.

Haven´t had time to have them out together today as I was late home and had to do stuff so couldn´t watch them. They seem Ok and I´ll have more time over the weekend so we´ll probably try again.

Did I tell you I bought some craisins after all this talk on here and they absolutely love them....I´ve only given them two so far, one yesterday and one today as I´m terrified of overdosing them.

I feel the same with the craisins. I only give Ellie like one or two at a time, one time I gave her three and the next day I thought something was wrong but it was the linoleum, LOL.
Ellie goes crazy for the craisins though! Jennifer sent her some pomagranite infused craisins and she LOVES them! haha. They DO taste pretty good, but I only ate one to test them!

I´m sure mine would eat the whole bag if they got the chance. They didn´t like them immediately, had a sniff and a little bite but the second time, they took the whole thing out of my hand and disappeared. I just bought another bag at the supermarket today as they were a really good price so they´ve got lots to keep them going.

I used to eat them myself as I like them on my cereal so maybe I´m be having some with them too.

I'm not a craisin fan :( I know, how can I be a rabbit owner and not like craisins! Haha. It's the raisin part. I ate so many as a kid and then I got sick one time and I've just never been able to get over it.

And yes, licking and sharing food with our poop eating fur babies. Haha. We all need help!!!!!!

Well, the crasins in this household are very popular. It is so hard sometimes to only give them one but I resist the temptation.

Just though I´d put this pic on of fluffy butt, I love his all out stretches.

20130316_000134_zps91aae2da.jpg

And here´s Houdini lounging in his litter tray...

19a45cd2-c49d-4d3c-a658-da882ce49d4c_zpsc9f3db15.jpg

Chris, I just had to show Luke pictures of Bandy yesterday. He loved them!

I don't really have craisins in the house very often, but I got some great freeze-dried banana pieces. They're perfect for the old egg carton "treat dispenser" I have, their size makes it difficult for them to just fall out the holes. It drives Doc nuts, trying to get the bits of banana out.

Lisa, you got sick from too many raisins?? That had to have been a toooonn of raisins!

Lyndy, that is so funny and Bandy is such a lovable little bunny with all that hair, have just been grooming him as he was cleaning himself and I get a bit paranoid about him and the other two who also groom him eating too much hair...it just gets everywhere.

I bought some banana chips as well as they love fresh banana but I thought of using them as a treat in a new game I got for them as they wouldn´t be as messy as fresh banana...well, it´s for dogs but I though I´d try it out on them where you cover the treat and they have to get the cover off to get the treat. I´ll let you know how they do with it.

Snowy just looks so tiny next to Bandy. They're both so cute! Houdini looks so comfy in his litter box. Baby likes sleeping in hers too, instead of on her fleece. Good thing we keep them clean :)

Jenny, I know, the difference in size is so funny but they are such bosom buddies and love cuddling together. Houdini is always sleeping in that litter box, it´s one of the best things I bought for him and is really big so he fits in there fine. I do change it regularly and he loves pulling his hay down into it so it must be comfy. Í was actually thinking of buying another one for the other two boys as they can dig in it as well as it has the surround.

I love that Bandy stretches his legs out behind him. hahaha. My moms dogs do that and she calls it the "frog dog" pose. LOL.
I don't really like craisins that much either, I can eat like 1 and then I don't like them anymore. But little Ellie almost took me finger off the other day when I gave her some!

Lisa, you got sick from too many raisins?? That had to have been a toooonn of raisins!

It wasn't because of raisins I just coincidently got a stomach bug after and then you know how you subcontiously associate getting sick with the last thing you ate? That's what happened.

Chris love the picture of Bandy in his litterbox! Your 3 are super professionals at lounging. They've got that down ;)

Aww, Bandy looks so funny with his legs stretched behind him. That's funny that Houdini lays in his litter tray, the only time Ash goes in his litter tray is to eat the hay, and to poop and pee.

Lisa, I can totally understand you not liking the Raisins after you ate them and then got sick, once I was eating Pancakes and I got sick afterwards, I didn't eat Pancakes again for like 1-2 years.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I think they´re three lovely little boys. I just had to put this one on. Snowy had finishing eating and fell asleep in his food bowl...it just made me laugh so much.

SnowyKO_zpsa0a28d56.jpg

And here´s Houdini eating from his favourite place...that´s Snowy totally ignoring him on the other side of the fence.

20130316_221256_zps170f4358.jpg

And lastly, the three of them out together yesterday...they did really well. I haven´t time to let them out together today as I´ve only just got back so it´ll probably have to wait until tomorrow.

20130316_193231_zps5d90cb8d.jpg

Latest posts

Back