The Life & Times of Felix 'n' Clementine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a bit of working out who's the boss. Mine had a little box the other night and I was worried about leaving them but they were fine. Sometimes one will nip the other's butt to say "get out of there, I'm first"

Thanks, Chris. :) That probably seems what it was like, then. I'm used to him occasionally mounting her, but I'd never seen him pulling tufts of fur out. He did seem rather gentle, I guess; more of a "please move!" than an aggressive thing, I was just so concerned. They seem happy otherwise, no more scuffles, and grooming as per normal.

Mine have had a few fallings out so I am very sensitive to their moods but also understanding of their characters. I think you have to look carefully and knowing your buns if you see any threat. I think they all have little tiffs now and again just like us :p

Passed through the night with no apparent problems. No fur tufts around the cage, and caught them grooming each other and snuggling before I went to bed last night. :)

Felix humped Clementine a little bit this evening, and then got a bit aggressive. He nipped at her behind a few times, and pulled a tuft of hair. :(

I separated them and they're back to themselves now (grooming and snuggling), but I'm scared that they might fight when I'm asleep or at work. They've never fought before! And Felix was instigating it, and he's been neutered for months!

Sometimes they get that way over toys or food, etc.. mine do. (Chico and Chica at times...) It sounds like this is a one off...

Vanessa

tumblr_n3g2x3d4XX1qadoszo1_500.jpg

Clementine loafing!

tumblr_n3g2zsbrH51qadoszo1_500.jpg

Felix relaxing next to his bottle.​

I got the little guys a slinky yesterday. I saw one in a $2 store and remembered that a lot of buns here seem to love theirs. Mine have yet to be too interested in toys I buy them so I didn't expect the slinky to be too exciting but Clementine loves it! Felix was cautious at first but he's starting to enjoy it now too. Here's some instagram videos of Clementine playing, this was when Felix wasn't quite as interested as her.

http://instagram.com/p/mX4m9OC3z6

http://instagram.com/p/mX46BvC30c#

I'm stressing out recently, because Clementine is still shedding heavily. I do my best to get the hair out but I can never get all of it, and they both groom her quite heavily. I'm really worried that they're ingesting too much hair. They're both eating normally, but I find it hard to monitor their pooping habits separately because they're housed together. I tried to sit them both on a different side of their litter box while they ate yesterday, but they both freaked out at the thought of being picked up while I was moving them and jumped out. I wish they'd stop being so silly about being picked up! I used to hold them both a lot when they were younger and never once did anything bad! I know it's instinctual, but it's really frustrating. I love seeing pictures of bunnies that are happy to be picked up and snuggled with their owners.

Anyway... I'm really worried about them getting hairballs, since I know how dangerous it is for bunnies. I don't think the brush I have right now is effective enough for Clemmie. I'm just worried because I'm not seeing a lot of hairs in their poops, meaning that any ingested hair might be getting stuck in their GI tracts. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm so scared of anything happening to them! I'm also worried because Clem's hit around 5 months now, so I'll need to get her spayed soon. I'm just scared because it's so much more invasive than Felix's neuter would have been, and the healing is going to be tough on my poor girl.

She's so adorable playing with the slinky!! :D I think I might have to get Bandit one to try out, though I figure they're for supervised play only. She looks like she's having a great time :)

Forgot to add, if they're still pooping fine, I don't think you've got anything to worry about. If there was a blockage, there wouldn't be poop. If you're brushing her lot, you should be fine. Plus with two groomers instead of one, there's less chance of one of them ingesting too much fur at once because they're sharing the job :p

Last edited:
Woke up to tons of poop in their box this morning, so I think I'll be okay. :p I wonder how many poops each bun does per day...

I've finally ordered the NIC cubes to make their new digs! Apparently they should ship around the end of April. :)

:what

I don't feel like mine do nearly that many!! I don't really want to spend a whole day counting, though, so I guess I'll leave it for now!

tumblr_n3na3k1TFg1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3navfGwDn1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3naxxBiAL1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3ne90t0TX1qadoszo1_500.jpg

By the way, Clemmie is now bigger than Felix! I think that explains the more frequent mounting he's been doing recently. He's probably noticed it himself and wants to assert himself as top bun, even though he's now the smaller of the two. :) I wonder how much bigger she'll get. Her mother was fairly large for a mini lop, but her father was quite small, so she could be anywhere between!

They are so cute together. Tile is probably cooler for them in the hot weather, they.do look happy.there though. Little buns have lots of attitude, Snowy has them all under hid paw haha.

They definitely do like the tile. :) I've got frozen water bottles on the carpet in case they want to lie on something more comfortable, but they tend to prefer the tile over the bottles most of the time. Sometimes they'll nudge a bottle over to the tiles if they want to. When I build their NIC home, I might get some tiles for the bottom floor. :)

Argh - the place I got my hay from no longer has it on their site. :( I'm guessing it's due to WA's stupid new import tax ($50+!) on hay products entering the state. ._____.

Oh my goodness, Clemantine's face!! :D It's like a huge grin with that tiny piece of food sticking out! So cute!

She was so excited for salad tonight!

"Mama, THREE different kinds of yums?? I'm so happy!"

Awww, look at her smile! I love love the picture of her laying with her back legs out. My lab does that, we say she is frogging out....it looks like she is a little frog. Lol. Felix is adorable, as always. :)

What an adorable little face she has, that smile is precious. Felix is a cutie too !!!

Back