The Life & Times of Felix 'n' Clementine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10154962_10152133398788992_7159193273610845348_n.jpg

"HOOMIN! PUT ME DOWN!"​

Whoops, didn't work!

VK2n8oy.jpg

"No hoomin! No cuddles!"​

What a great photo, he's just gorgeous. Bugs in the food...yukky. hope you got rid of them all. Looks like he is tolerating it. It will get easier.

It was lovely to have a cuddle, and while he didn't enjoy being picked up, he didn't seem too upset with me afterwards. :) :) :)

Clementine is testing my nerves - she won't stop gnawing and eating her hutch! I don't mind the damage to the hutch itself, but it wasn't a particularly high-quality hutch, so I'm concerned about the quality of the wood/treatment. I can't wait until my NIC cubes arrive so I can make them a condo, so she'll stop ingesting the wood from the hutch. :(

Ouch - Felix just scratched up my hand something awful. :( Little bugger. I think I'm going to have to get their nails trimmed at the breeder's, because it's getting harder to practice handling them as is. I was hoping I'd be able to clip them myself to save them the trip, but they're getting a bit too long to deal with now.

They both hate being picked up and I normally have to chase them around a bit, and then hold them down firmly (but gently!) on the ground for a few seconds before picking them up. For Felix I normally have to lean over as well, and kind of 'trap' him in my arms with my body over the top of him. Once I get him picked up it's a struggle to keep him still. Clementine leads me on a chase but once I have her up, she's pretty good. Very quiet and still - probably terrified, but I can handle her, which is what I'm aiming for. I'd like if they weren't so scared of me picking them up, though. I totally get that its their behaviour as prey animals but dang, you guys! I love you so much! I pet you and feed you and cuddle you and look after you, why would I hurt you?! Silly buns!

tumblr_n4kj04Fjoc1qadoszo1_500.jpg

"You're not gonna try scooping me up again, are you?!"

tumblr_n4h7qwvPUr1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4h7nmYdzM1qadoszo1_500.jpg

"Yeahhh dad's home! Let's get pets!"

tumblr_n4h7jqTTSZ1qadoszo1_500.jpg

I've noticed that Felix has an odd habit of grooming Clementine's faces, particularly her eyes, rather excessively. Sometimes the edges of her eyes look a bit pink and irritated afterwards, but it doesn't seem to bother her too much. Is that okay?

Aw, there's a precious chinchilla mini lop buck on my breeder's website. He's so cuuuuuuuuute! My boyfriend says no more bunnies, though. :p Fair enough, I suppose!

Guess who was lucky enough to cuddle both bunnies tonight, without too much fuss? :) Very pleased with the two of them.

Aw, TWO accidents tonight! Clementine did a little wee in their new play tunnel, which I figured was her marking territory, and then I found another puddle on the tiles! Silly buns.

They are too cute. Mine groom each other's eyes and at times I worry they are too thorough but they always seem OK. That does look like marking from Clemmie, the little madam. I trim all of mines nails. There was a really good video showing you how to do it, I must see if I can finfd it. Glad they let you have a cuddle. It is true that the more you handle them, the more they get used to it.

They really are so cute, I love seeing their pictures. Silly Clemmie, marking your territory. How old is she now?

She's around 5/6 months now, so she's probably hormonal and beginning to make her territory. I found another wee outside of the box, which I assume is hers, since Felix hasn't had any accidents since he was first litter trained. I guess it's time to look into her spay, I'm just so nervous. :(

Uh oh...

:(

Clem's started humping.

I knew she was getting hormonal because she's at that age and her behaviour has changed a little, but I can't put off spaying her any longer now. She sometimes chases Felix in circles trying to hump him, resulting in him chasing her and trying to mount her to re-establish dominance. I'm just nervous to have it done since she won't know why it's happening, and I'm sure the recovery will be uncomfortable and a bit painful, and there's no way for me to communicate with her apart from petting her and surrounding her with her favourite treats.

Aw. :( I think spaying/neutering is one of the hardest things for a bunny parent. Just think about how happy she and Felix are going to be. I adopted Luna the day after her spay. The SPCA gave me pain meds and we were ok. Hugs!

Yes, best to do it asap. It would be awful if the bond between Felix and Clem were affected because she annoyed him a bit too much one day! I would actually put in a cage divider of some sort for now to protect against this.

I'm sure she will pull through fine, the vet should send you home with pain meds to help ease the recovery period.

OMG, the one in the litter tray is just so gorgeous, they make such a cute couple. Felix has such bright eyes and well, Clemmies´s little face is just toooo cute. Glad they´re getting on, they are the perfect couple :heartbeat:

Oh! They are just too cute together in every picture! So great that they are still doing well even though Clementine is getting hormonal. Hoping that their bond stays forever, they're just so sweet with each other! ;)

Back