Sukura's kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlueGiants wrote:
Awww Paul.... I am so sorry. You tried so hard. Hugs to you for all your efforts.:hug:

:hug: We may never knowwhat happened... :?
I think it was a peanut because every time we went to feed it mam would say, Its head is massive.Or is its head growing.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Paul I'm so sorry to hear you lost your kits.

If you need to talk i'm a good listener
It was kinda a shock I came home today and mam told me, I tryed cpr but it didn't work.

paul2641 wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:
Awww Paul.... I am so sorry. You tried so hard. Hugs to you for all your efforts.:hug:

:hug: We may never knowwhat happened... :?
I think it was a peanut because every time we went to feed it mam would say, Its head is massive.Or is its head growing.
They can't have been all peanuts. Maybe the head looks big because the body wasn't putting on weight

paul2641 wrote:
Sabine wrote:
What happened?
I had said earlier that it was very skinny so we had increased it's feedings to 4 times a day but that didn't work?
Didn't you keep the baby with the mom? I thought Sakura wasn't harming her babies? Maybe it got chilled?

Sabine wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Sabine wrote:
What happened?
I had said earlier that it was very skinny so we had increased it's feedings to 4 times a day but that didn't work?
Didn't you keep the baby with the mom? I thought Sakura wasn't harming her babies? Maybe it got chilled?
She rejected them, I thought she was feeding them but she wasn't.

None of this makes any sense to me, to be honest. I'm sorry about the kit though.

paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
Aw sorry,
there must be some problem going on, since you have lost all your babies so far.
I don't know but Maybe all my rabbits carry the dwarfing gene?
They do carry the dwarfing gene being lionheads. But it's only when two of those genes meet... As far as I know the most you should expect is 25 per cent of double dwarfing gene and that's for Nethies as far as i know

Flashy wrote:
None of this makes any sense to me, to be honest. I'm sorry about the kit though.
What happened was this, went down 9 days ago and found alot of hair I was like???? I looked inside to find 4 babes, the next morning I came down and found two dead freezing and the other two about to die from cold(mother peed on them). I took them out and warmed them up, They were really skinny that Is when I relized that they weren't being fed so I took out sukura to feed the babies that went grand, repeated this but neither of the babies were putting on wight they eventaully died.:(

If all the kits off both the mothers have been rejected so far then I think it's stress, rabbits aren't really supposed to be bred in people's houses, too loud and stressful for them. A mother will only cannabalize her babies due to stress, like Suki.

Other then stress there isn't much else it could be.

Hopefully you won't have anymore litters till the rabbits are outside.

Sabine wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
Aw sorry,
there must be some problem going on, since you have lost all your babies so far.
I don't know but Maybe all my rabbits carry the dwarfing gene?
They do carry the dwarfing gene being lionheads. But it's only when two of those genes meet... As far as I know the most you should expect is 25 per cent of double dwarfing gene and that's for Nethies as far as i know
Bad luck could be on my side, I really don't know but I did try my best on both litters, When I have suki's second litter due on the 22nd if she rejects them should I leave them in with her? I breed suki before I new about sakuras kits.

Yeh, I understand that you said here, but I also know that differs to some of the things you said on msn, that's all, that's why it doesn't make sense, although some of the other things also don't make sense. But I'm not the brightest, so my opinion is pretty irrelevant.

paul2641 wrote:
Sabine wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Sabine wrote:
What happened?
She rejected them, I thought she was feeding them but she wasn't.
But she was feeding them at the start. They only feed once or twice a day. Maybe she got stressed out being made to feed them?

irishbunny wrote:
If all the kits off both the mothers have been rejected so far then I think it's stress, rabbits aren't really supposed to be bred in people's houses, too loud and stressful for them. A mother will only cannabalize her babies due to stress, like Suki.

Other then stress there isn't much else it could be.

Hopefully you won't have anymore litters till the rabbits are outside.
Your prob right were moving them soon, but the kitchen were they are at the moment hasn't been too loud lately.

Flashy wrote:
Yeh, I understand that you said here, but I also know that differs to some of the things you said on msn, that's all, that's why it doesn't make sense, although some of the other things also don't make sense. But I'm not the brightest, so my opinion is pretty irrelevant.
What did I say different?:?

Latest posts

Back