Single Dutch Male Seeking Single Female & Forever Home.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kirbyultra wrote:
...I learned my lesson, though. Not that I think Toby was a mistake, but I would much rather adopt from a shelter from now on now that I have existing bun personalities at home to think about. Also, med costs of spay/neuter, and health. Toby wasin tact and also had parasitesfrom the pet store :(So many buns wanting a forever-home, I should really give those a chance before looking at pet stores.

Actually, that might not be a bad way to go. I know of a couple who brought their bunner to the shelter for dates and now have a completly bonded couple. It might be a bit stressful, but it is a good way to find out which buns are compatable to the best degree, and which buns hate each other. Many shelters/rescues offer dating services and even insist that dates are done prior to adoption.

myheart

I'm trying to remind myself we're at capacity here, because there's a butterscotch otter nethie at the shelter who really needs a family. He was surrendered when his bonded mate died and his person didn't want bunnies anymore! :( So sad--he's also 5 years old. I don't know if I could make a nethie train though--Frida's pretty fiesty and so is this shelter guy.

As a side note, I say that thing about adopting from a shelter re: personalities all the time to potential adopters. I also say it to help people decide between baby buns and adult buns.

tonyshuman wrote:
I'm trying to remind myself we're at capacity here, because there's a butterscotch otter nethie at the shelter who really needs a family. He was surrendered when his bonded mate died and his person didn't want bunnies anymore! :( So sad--he's also 5 years old. I don't know if I could make a nethie train though--Frida's pretty feisty and so is this shelter guy.

As a side note, I say that thing about adopting from a shelter re: personalities all the time to potential adopters. I also say it to help people decide between baby buns and adult buns.

That is so sad that they surrendered him at a critical time after losing a bond-mate. I know my Patrick went through a terrible depression when Benjamin passed away. :(It was horrible to watch him mope around... That was what made me jump on PetFinder so quickly to find Luna. I don't think I would have gotten another rabbit if it weren't for Patrick's need to bond. Honestly, I don't think Patrick will do well if something happens to Luna. She is really his one true love... :D

Aren't Nethies supposed to be feisty? I thought that was a prerequisite to being a Nethie. ;)Tell people that 5ive-years-young is not a crime, just make him more knowledgeable about his likes and dislikes so he is more capable of training his new people.

myheart

Yeah, it was pretty sad. I made sure he had a stuffed buddy to snuggle with in his cage, and we're hoping somebody comes in with a girl that needs a mate, as he'd be perfect. It's hard to asses his personality right now, since he was first scared to be in a new place, and now sad and angry at the people that volunteer there--very cage aggressive. That's part of why I feel so bad for him. :( And the smaller breeds do seem to live quite long, so we'll see if he can get a family.

I love to see bunnies together and happy, and I think it really can improve their mood--just like Andy was after his earlier dates. Hope his latest round of dates goes well!

Poor baby. 5 years is young for a nethie... I hope he finds a loving home. He deserves one. How could an owner do that to a bun who just lost a bond mate :(

Ironically right after I got Toby, several unexpected sources came to me offering me abun that I think would have been a better match for Kirby. I had to turn them all down. It felt like a huge joke being played on me. I learned a lot from raising Toby, as it was my first baby bun. But I totally will go to shelters for future buns. How many out there like my Kirby and your Andy need a home still... sweet honeys too.

My poor little Andy Allen.....

My cat Sidney was messing around with a string that was hanging a bit above her, so she was in a half extended pose on her back feet. Where was Andy?! In a groom-me postition under Sidney's butt. :(Then he realized that wasn't the right end, so he did his groom-me gesture to the right end, but Sidney was so busy with the string she didn't notice. :(All Andy Allen wants is love....!!!! Is that so difficult to get?!!!

The good thing about his need for love, is that I get lot's of "love-you" circles from the little guy. ;):pI need to get some more pics of him... he is so handsome. :D

myheart

kherrmann3 wrote:
Aww, did you give little Andy some love after all of that? Poor little guy got shot down! :(

I had to... the poor little guy just breaks my heart when he gets rejected or overlooked by the cats. He tries his best to get lovin' from my trio if they hang out by his condo. It is so sad to see his little nose pushed through to NIC grid as far as it will go, which isn't far enough for proper licks, or bites for that matter. I havecaught Luna once or twice trying to lick his nose... she is such a good girl, no wonder why Patrick loves her so much right from the start. :D

myheart

As a totally unrelated update, the nethie I talked about got adopted recently, on his 7th birthday (I had the age wrong)! He met with a girl who had also recently lost her mate, and it was love at first sight. I hope something like that happens for Andy!

That is most wonderful news Claire!!! I am so happy for the little guy and his new bond-mate! Another match made in Heaven... :D

myheart

There is a beautiful lady on euthanization list as I type. Sweet and friendly, but the awful color of all white. A mini New Zealand sorta gal. With the horrible eye color of rosey pink.
She would be a stunning sweetheart for Andy Allen, if Andy envisions her in a colorful evening gown! Andy, can you overlook her outward appearance?

She's on euth list so time is ticking down -- and she may have already gone to the euthanization room by the end of the day.

Andy, I hope you say some prayers for your roommate Luna, and also this gal who's hoping to land a foster berth. I am pulling for you, Luna, and this gal.

tonyshuman, that's fabulous news for the nethie who found his new soulmate.

Kisses to you Andrew Allen - a girlfriend awaits in your future too.

Thought I would post a few more pics of my available tortie Dutch bachelor....:D

Andy has a way of getting into my cleaning routine. Not sure what fascinates him about it, but he is always there to "help" when he is able to fit it into his schedule. He has to manage the process of cleaning his condo nightly, and inspect bunny play-land as that is being cleaned. These are a few pics of Andy Allen inspecting the house and bunny play-land when it was taken apart for cleaning.

"Yup, living room --- check..."

P3121079.jpg

P3121080.jpg

"Bunny play-land --- check..."

P3121081.jpg

Just look at that tummy.... :p

P3121082.jpg

No disapproving look here.... ;) (Mmmmm... smooch da bunny lips...)

P3121083.jpg

Andy has been doing very well of late. Still trying to get lovin' from the cats... He is even trying his luck with my big boy cat, Micah. :pYup, don't think anything is going to happen with that, but he really does get an "A+" for effort. ;)

myheart

AHH! He looks so much like Tony I can't get over it!

:adorable:

kherrmann3 wrote:
Aww, I love Andy! I think I should kick my roommate out so I can have a bunny room. ;)

How far do you think that will fly?!!! (LOL) Don't forget that Will and your roommate might want a say in this decision.... :p

Woot!!!! New pics of Andy Allen taken just this morning!!! :biggrin2:

Here is my little thief bunner once again helping himself to the hay bag. I usually leave the hay sit near the piggie cage until morning so that I remember to give them hay in the morning. So my little Andy Allen found the opening and decided to help himself.... :D

"Hmmm.... let's see what's for breakfast..."

P9241481.jpg

"Oh yeah.... found a good piece...." (so good that his front feet don't touch the floor ;))

P9241482.jpg

"Dis is a long one.... like eating sgetti noodles..." nom,nom,nom

P9241483.jpg

"Is dis de end....?" :?

P9241484.jpg

"WHAT...?!!! I don't do nuffin..." munch,nom,munch.... (notice the little piece sticking out of his mouth ;))

P9241485.jpg

Nope, my little boy wasn't doing anything naughty.... :coolness:

Have a good weekend everybun. Hope these few pics of Andy-cuteness tied you over until Monday. :D

myheart

Latest posts

Back