Single Dutch Male Seeking Single Female & Forever Home.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kirbyultra wrote:
Wow I did not know that Andy was with you for a year. I only started to read about him when this blog started.:shock:

Aw, Andy is a bit reserved about a new place with new smells. I hope he feels more like his handsome self soon. Reading that kind of broke my heart a little... :tears2:

Yes, Andrew Allen was with me for almost a year... I think I bogged down on starting a blog for him because it wasn't long after I started a blog for my first foster, Katie, when someone showed interest in her. The same thing happened for Andy also... I think it all has to do with telling other how great they are, then someone wants them. I have to decide if this is a good thing, or not....

I believe Andy's dad is keeping his name. He hasn't said anything different to me. I guess I could ask to make sure.

Andy is starting to claim his new home as his own!!! :biggrin2: His dad told me that he went to the kitchen to get something, and there was Mr. Andy Allen sitting in his spot on the sofa!! :p Andy has also claimed the end table and pretty much of the entire sofa seating area. He has been a busy boy this past weekend!!!

Andy has also inducted his new dad into the DBF Heart-Attack Club. I couldn't gather exactly where Andy flopped, but his dad said that the flop almost scared the heck out of him!!! ;) I already told him to watch for Andy's breathing to calm his fears about the way Andy looks when sound asleep. I guess we are able to gather that Andy is feeling a bit better about his new home. :D

It also sounds like Andy is enjoying his new condo. Dad said that Andy has been perched on the top shelf, and is excited about the plate of veggies when they arrive on time.

Andy's dad is also enjoying his toy-tossing time with Andy. I bet Andy is eating up all of the extra attention he is getting now. Andy has also been treating his dad to binkies and 500's. I must say that the transition sounds fairly complete if Andy is throwing binkies out there already. :D

As I hear more, I will let you know....

myheart

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW! Oh Janet this is such wonderful news!!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I should have known such a happy bunny like Andy would soon be chillaxing in his new home. A DBF already?? That has to be some kind of a record! His dad must be doing an excellent job making him happy. I'm glad.

DBFs can be scary the first few times and then again every so often, but when you think about it, the bunny is soooo happy and relaxed... how can you not be thrilled about it? :biggrin2:

Another quick update on Mr. Andrew Allen....

I talked with his dad last night because he wanted to know about Andy thumping and running around. Apparently, dad tried to shoosh Andy out from behind the sofa, causing Andy to have hurt/angry feelings which was the cause for the thumping.

It didn't take long before all was forgiven between Andy and his dad. He said that Andy hopped up on the sofa and proceeded to lick his arm. :p Apparently Andy also licks on dad's knees and toes... **Must...keep...dad....clean**

During our conversation, I also found out that dad is now Andy's "special friend." He asked about the sound that Andy makes while he is running around. So I said that is was probably humming. Then I asked if Andy was running around the table in the middle of the living room while he hummed. "Yes" Okay... Was Andy including your feet in his circle? "Yes" Okay... You have now been claimed by Andy as his "special friend" :p (I promised I wouldn't say "girlfriend" ;))

Andy is also training his human the right way. Andy gets out of his condo for playtime, but stops in front of dad in the groom-me gesture. Dadknows what Andy wants already because Andy is just that good.... ;)Dad gives Andy a proper shoulder massage!! :shock: The type of massage that any woman would die for, and Andy gets them all to himself!!! He isn't spoiled or anything.....;)

One last thing.... Andy already has a bunny-sitter lined up!! Dad's neighbor-lady asked to see Andy, because any proud dad is going to brag about his new fur-kid. Dad opens up Andy's condo, Andy jumps out, and Andy starts to charm the neighbor-lady. She fell absolutely in love with Andy and had offered to bunny-sit him whenever needed!!! :shock: Why can't it always be that easy to find a sitter?!!!

Sorry Helen... I feel really bad posting all of this because I know you really cared about Andy.Andy really is a love, but I also know that he does try his dad's patients a bit also by trying to test his boundaries. I don't know how many during our conversation I heard dad say, "Andrew Allen, get out of there!!!" I think Andy had a bit of pent-up energy to burn last night. ;)

myheart

Aw, Janet, I'm ok. I am actually starting to feel more and more happy for Andy in his new home. His dad sounds like he's doing great, learning how to be a slave with the best of us. I guess if Andy wasn't meant to be with me, the best I can do is be happy that he is happy. ;)

Sweet little Andy has established a "girlfriend" already? What a flirt! I wonder what the hum sounds like. None of my boys make humming sounds or any sounds at all. His dad is a lucky "girl"!

I'm so pleased to hear that Andy has settled into his new home so quickly - and is training his Daddy to be a good slave ;).

I know you miss him, Janet, but it must be a good feeling knowing that he has gone to a lovely new home, and that you were responsible for him being a well adjusted, happy boy :).

Oh, and it's great that his Daddy is keeping you up to date with what's happening :)

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
I'm so pleased to hear that Andy has settled into his new home so quickly - and is training his Daddy to be a good slave ;).

I know you miss him, Janet, but it must be a good feeling knowing that he has gone to a lovely new home, and that you were responsible for him being a well adjusted, happy boy :).

Oh, and it's great that his Daddy is keeping you up to date with what's happening :)

Jan

It does get very difficult in the evenings when Patrick and Zappa go to bed. I missseeing Andy racing around the house. It was always so much fun to guess where he was going to zoom off to next. He really did have a dynamic presence when he was at-large and in-charge. :D

I also wonder if the cats miss him now that they don't get bothered by his groom-me gestures. I do know that Zappa is having fun bonking around in his condo. She looks so tiny for that set-up that I'm afraid I could lose her in there... ;) I might have to build one for her also, or something similar to fit the space her cage is in now. I guess I will have to see how creative I am able to be witha condo for her. :D

myheart

I'm not his girlfriend.......I'm his new DADDY and a proud one at that :)

He laid on my back on my back last night while I was on the floor, he must of been cold. He also loves to sit in front of the big picture window and stare outside...he sat there for almost an hour just looking.

BTW: his appetite is back!

It's looks like I studdered while typing.

He was outside of his condo for 5 hours last night. Running, exploring, chill'n...he got a rub down and I got some hum's and kisses as well. I thinks he hates the color red. I went to change out of my work clothes and changed into my Aaron Rodgers jersey (quarterbacks wear red during practice) and grey shorts.Then I came in with some fresh water and greens to put into his cage and he thumped and took off behind the couch. I couldn't coax him out. After a while, I changed into my blue sweatshirt and cautiously came out but would ignore me for the longest time.

Eh, whatever!

those dots can indicate a mind wandering :p

Was it Temple Grandin's book that indicated the color red could be disturbing to animals?
Would Andy have said, "whoa, Dad, those are big Letters on your jersey, and that's RED :devil!"

Smart boy! ~ Will wait to hear the expertise from RO bunny guardians ~

For good suppers and s.p.o.i.l.e.d treatment, heck, i'd give kisses, too. (uh, do you charge for rub downs?)

Hey Andy's Dad... glad to see you were able to find Andy's blog well enough. Now you will be able to catch up on things Andy had been doing while with me along with the few pics I was able to get during his playtime.

Now thatAndy is adopted and in his forever home, are you going to start a blog forhim yourself? You might have to come up with a catchyblog-title like "Racers only,"or "No time forbreaks." Then you will be able post oodles of cute Andy pics also. :DDid I forget to tell you that we are all crazy for pics? :p

Have you checked the rest of the forum out? If you have any questions, either do a search for similar situations or make a new post about it. I am sure that some-bun will chime in with an answer.

myheart

Hi Andy's Dad! This is Angela! I'm so glad you could make it on the forum. Myheart keeps telling me how spoiled Andy is, he found such a great home with you!

Is it illegal to carry on blog conversations if you are not the original poster? I dearly hope Tony will come back and update us all, even if myheart Janet started the thread.

Miss you guys, and head strokes to Andy. :wave:

:inlove:

Latest posts

Back