Single Dutch Male Seeking Single Female & Forever Home.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myheart

Reaction score
I know I have been remiss in setting up a blog for my little foster boy Andrew Allen, but it just seemed like once I set up a blog for Katie Fluffy Underpants she ended up getting adopted. I know that adoption is a good thing, and Andy deserves a great forever home and a great girlfriend, but he is my little boy.... :blushan:

So, since I really can't keep Andy Allen forever in my home because Patrick is ruler of his roost, I am introducing my foster boy Andy to RO in the hopes that this will spark some interest for his forever parents who haven't found him yet.

Here is my foster boy, Andrew Allen....

This picture was taken the very first night he arrived. He ran around so much that he just couldn't run anymore and flopped out right where he ended his final lap. :D

PB240775.jpg

Some of you might remember this picture after it was fixed up for the Valentine's Day contest... I just have a thing for cute bunny-butts.... :p They always make me smile.

AwesomeParticipant141.jpg

The quality of some of the pics are not very good partly from user error and because Andy Allen was always on the move when he first arrived. Too much for a youngster to do and see....LOL :biggrin2:

PC100794.jpg

PC100795.jpg

PC100796.jpg

It didn't take long to discover that Andy has no fear.... Here is Andy taking time to visit his big brother Slobber....

PC100797.jpg

"What is my big brother looking at...?"

PC100799.jpg

A little closer look....

PC100807.jpg

I just missed a nose-to-nose moment :(

PC100809.jpg

But I did get a semi-climbing moment when Andy decided to get a very close-up look at the mountain of a big brother....

PC100811.jpg

Bunny-butt off to investigate something else.... Big brother Slobber was fun to climb on, but there was so much to do and see back then. :D

PC100808.jpg

Well, I guess I better not post too many pics for Andy Allen's first blog post. I have a bunch more pics to post including a nice action shot (one that actually turned out because he is so fast with his binkies and 500's).

Hope you all enjoy Andrew Allen's Bachelor Blog. As I post more picks, his perspective forever parents will find out more about his wonderful personality and search out his page on PetFinder. I am almost in tears already thinking about losing my little man...:cry2

myheart

JadeIcing wrote:
I think you need to have to dutch trains!

Trust me, the thought crossed my mind!!!! LOL I know where I could adopt a blue Dutch like Luna and a sable bun who looks a bit like Zappa. Mmmmm..... Two trios of the same colors.... But then I thought that I drive myself nuts trying not to get Patrick and Andy Allen confused already. :twitch:I don't know how many time I've called them by the wrong name. Then I get that look...... "You talkin' tome?!!!!"

Andy reminds me so much of Patrick when Patrick was young and bouncy. All of the binkies, the bunny 500's, and the jumping up on the furnature to get a better look at the domain.... I just hope Andy has some zip-fun left over for his new mom, dad, and girlfriend. :p

myheart

JadeIcing wrote:
So try a different combo of colors...

I don't thinka different color combo would help....

One night I was getting the kids ready for bed-time salad while Andy was out for run-time. The little stinker sneaked into the bunny-room as I was getting salad stuff out of the fridge. I took such a quick glance and the only thing that registered in my brain was, "Hmmmm.... Look at me... I have two tortie Dutches running around...." :shock::shock::shock: A second later, I was like, "Oh gosh!!!! Andy!!!!!" I rushed him out of the bunny-room in a hurry to avoid any fights that would have ensued because he is a dominant bun. I felt like such a dope for being so "duh" about seeing two torties in the same room. :twitch:

Nope, my guys are fine as a trio and one trio is enough for right now because of Luna's medical situation. Andy Allen is so personable that I don't think anyone would have a problem falling in love with him (just like my Patrick...:p).

myheart

Oh my... if he were closer to me, I would have to have him...what a doll baby!

Someone will snatch him up... he looks like he has a big personality!

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
Oh my... if he were closer to me, I would have to have him...what a doll baby!

Someone will snatch him up... he looks like he has a big personality!

Denise

I don't know how many times I have said that about the bunners I see on PetFinder who are out your way.... There are some giant Flemmies on the East Coast and some beautiful Cinamons on the West Coast. Many more smaller sized rabbits in the Midwest. Not as easy to squish-up a small bunner.... ;)

Andy'spersonality is huge!!!! He is so sweet and just wants to be loved on. The more pettings and cheek rubs he can get out of me, the better. He tries so hard to get the cats to groom him with the grooming-posture and everything, but the cats just get annoyed and walk away. It break my heart to see him looking so dejected and unfulfilled. He really needs a sweet little girlfriend to take care of him. :bunnyhug:I will have to take a look to see if I have any pictures of his groom-me attempts with my cats. I know I took one recently of him with Pearl, and I might have a pic with Sidney also. Micah usually just gives Andy a swat to the head and runs away. I will have to jog my memory about the time that Micah put Andy in a head-lock.... The looks on their faces were so funny, it was just priceless... LOL :D

myheart

I have a few more pics of little Andrew Allen that are from a while ago...

He's such a little "sniffy" guy.... always checking things out with his nose. I'm sure it was because of the smells from my trio, but Andy always has his nose to the ground. :p

(Like I said, photo quality on some are not the best because Andy was always on the move. Itwas so seldom that I could catch him at rest.)

PC100815.jpg

PC100816.jpg

PC100817.jpg

Here is a good pic of the little man... So handsome.... :p

PC100818.jpg

PC100819.jpg

Back to sniffing.....

PC100820.jpg

Some of you might remember the pics I posted when I had built Andy's condo. Another forum member, undergunfire, had posted a myheart

LuvaBun wrote:
Oh goodness, I'm just seeing Andrew Allen now, and I'm in love. What a sweet boy. I hope that he does find a forever home, but not just yet - I'm enjoying looking at that other Tortie lushness :p

Jan

I will tell Andy Allen that he is starting a fan club. I know you are partial to the Dutchies just as I am. I would say that I'll put a stamp on his butt and start him on his way to you, but I did catch your thread on you new adoption. Congratulations!!!!

I guess looking at Tortie lushness will have to do for you, at least for now... ;)

myheart

myheart wrote:
.... Some of you might remember the pics I posted when I had built Andy's condo. Another forum member, undergunfire, had posted a myheart

I didn't even realize that my post eliminated a few of the pics I had added at the end and now it is too late to edit it to add them back in. :(Sorry about that....

Anyhow, I was saying that I had posted a few pics of Andy's condo in the thread that undergunfire had posted on how to build a condo that is approved by the House Rabbit Society. So I posted a couple of pics to prove thatAndy wasn't my little Patrick in the condo.

PC190842.jpg

PC190843.jpg

Patrick, Luna, and Zappa have been so curious about him. I have caught them all chinning Andy's condo, seen Luna grooming the little bit of his nose that he is able to stick through the wires, and watched Zappa just hang out next to his condo. Andy just eats up what little grooming and attentionhe gets, but always looks to sad when the activity is over with all too soon. :pPoor little guy has to have a girl who will want to be with him all of the time because Andy just wants some lovin'. ;)

myheart

myheart, these are neat pictures of foster boy Andy. Will keep watching for more. If you get a moment, send add'l to my email addy.

I can't wait to meet him in person, have him crawl over me, and explore ...

:hearts I'll try to smell like a bunny and maybe AllyAndy will snuggle?

TreasuredFriend wrote:
I love his condo toys! Betcha he'd take a girl bunny over flip and toss jingly toys, huh?

Very much so, TreasuredFriend. Even though Andy loves to play with his toys and swing the door to his condo, Andy's main goal is try to get grooming from anywhere he is able to, especially the cats.

I don't have as many pics of Andy Allen trying to get grooming from the cats as I thought. In the pics I do have, one is almost able to see the frustration on his little bunny face when he doesn't get what he wants. :(

Here is a pic of Andy trying to get grooming from my new kitty, Sidney. Sidney has a look on her face like, "Go away kid.... I'm snuggling with the big guy (Slobbers)." (Sidney just loves to mess around with Slobber's tail, and will fall asleep nestled in his hair.)

P1160946.jpg

Sidney used to like sitting in Andy's condo, probably because it was new and needed her smell in it. :ph34r2So the next two pics are of Andy trying to get grooming in his own territory. Sidney was in a sleepy mood because she did lick on his head for a bit, but once she stopped, Andy tried to find a better vantage point to get more.

P2211062.jpg

P2211063.jpg

This pic is one of Andy's last attempts to get rewarded for his "groom me" efforts from Pearl. Notice his nice groom-me posture, and the look on Pearl's face is more like, "You bug me kid....". One is almost able to see the rejection on Andy's little bunny face. :(

P6131242.jpg

Here are a few other pics where Andy's efforts were rewarded!!!! :biggrin2:

Someone on the forum had posted that they use a duvet cover to store their hay because the fabric breathes. So I started using a pillow case to store bits of the hay for bunners and piggies because it breathes and is easy to carry from cage to cage.

One day Mr. Andrew Allen discovered the bag unattended.... ;)

"Hmmmmm.... Let's get a closer look at what is inside here...." :D

P3191088.jpg

"I bet the really good stuff is a bit further in...." ;):D (Look at his little tortie tushie :p)

P3191089.jpg

"Oh No!!!! I'm caught in the act.... Ummmm... I was just making sure the hay situation was in order..... :p:biggrin2:"

P3191090.jpg

Andy is such a sweet little treasure!!! He is quite the catch for any girl-bun because he has charm, cuteness, and comedy all rolled up into one handsome bunny package!!! Did I forget to mention that he is still single and available...? ;):p

myheart

Latest posts

Back