REHOME: Long Island, NY (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also have your DH talk to his doctor.We have 3 dogs. I am slightly allergic to all 3 of them:( But in order to keep them we talked and I am on an allergymedicine to keep it bearable. I feel fine most ofthe time only have problems when the farmers are cutting crops theneven allergy meds can't keep up. But there are alot of reallywonderful allergy meds out there.

Hi...I'm mom to two adorable buns....sorry aboutnot having pics...need to get a digital camera, etc.first....anyway....has Trixie found a home? We live incentral PA, and I've got the yearnin' to adopt another bunny.....hasshe had any medical issues....and does she get along with otherbuns? Our Pumpkin is a 6 year old solitary bunny (by herchoice), and Whiskers is our almost 3 year old boy....he seems to getalong well with other buns when he visits friends....anyway, justchecking in to learn more about Trixie....I checked out herpics...she's adorable......thanx for getting back to me.....Grace

Hi Jim....just wanted to say that I love the picyou have with your chocolate bunny....we have two...a mini-rex mix, anda netherland dwarf.....just the same coloring as your sweetiebun....

Ani, I think Jim was referring to the allergiesTrixie's daddy has and if theyve gotten any better (they were talkingabout doing some things to make it better for him).

Any news, Denise?

Hi guys!

Well, as of now, Trixie is still with me. We are still looking to rehome our baby, but only to an INDOOR home.
So if anyone is still interested in giving this spoiled little lady a good INDOOR home, please feel free to PM me.

~Denise

Again, oh how I wish I wasn't on the other sideof the country from you, Denise!!! I've had a soft spot forTrixie since the moment I laid eyes on your little avatar of her cuddlylittle self!! And mine are indoor buns, too!Argh...the torture!!! :(

I know what you are saying Rosie, I'm in anothercountry, but closer than you. She's adorable. Icould give Wilbur a Harem.LOL

Susan:bunnydance:

I wish I had the time and space to devote to that little sweetie :(

Count on me to help with transporting if needed.

Right now it's a little cramped here.As soon as the buns arein their new room I could offer to short-term foster Trixie if needed.;)

~jim

Yeah, nothing worse than being in love with an available bunny that's just too far away to see! :(

I've always been in love with Mr. Tumnus, but I know that little boy's not budgin' from his home! :)

Hehe...my husband read what I said, and said, "I dunno...I'm kindaHAPPY they live so far away! We've got too many animalsalready!" Hehe...he's right, though...two cats and two buns(with huge cages) in a one bedroom, and them all having to be out herewith us at night (because my daughter has the bedroom)...gets a tadcrowded at times.

Doesn't mean that if a bun in our area is in need, I won't TRYthough...how do you think Flower came to live here?Hehe...;) (He's now laughing, having read that, too...hehe!)

SOOOSKA wrote:
I know what you aresaying Rosie, I'm in another country, but closer than you.She's adorable. I could give Wilbur a Harem.LOL

Susan:bunnydance:

It's too bad you live so far, Rosie...I would give Trixie to you in a heartbeat!
And Jim...you know what they say...there's ALWAYS ROOM FOR ONE MORE! LOL ;);)

I just want to adopt Trixie out to a family that will love and spoilher as much as me and DH do. This has been a tough decision and youguys have no idea how much I love my little "smooshy face!" She reallyis a special bunny and deserves a WONDERFUL home.....

Aww...thank you!! That's sosweet!! Heck, if we had the money, we would plan some sort oftrip your way to get her! :)

Maybe we could figure out a way if in about six months she stilldoesn't have a new home? By then, we'd have Flower spayed,and she's so darn friendly, they would probably bond justfine! Just a thought...:D

TrixieRabbit wrote:
It's too bad you liveso far, Rosie...I would give Trixie to you in a heartbeat!
And Jim...you know what they say...there's ALWAYS ROOM FOR ONE MORE! LOL ;);)

Hello everyone...

I would like to clarify something since there was some confusion.

YES, Trixie is STILL up for adoption. I am not keeping her b/c my DH isallergic to hay and we are expecting a baby and have no where to putTrixie since her room is the only other room we have and that will bethe nursery. It's not fair to her to have to live in a small cage inour kitchen since there is no where else to put her. I also feel shedeserves a loving home with plenty of room to run around indoors andmaybe even a bunny playmate to keep her company.

So please PM me if you are interested.
Hope this clears things up!

Thanks to all of you who have been following this thread and offering help relocating my baby!

~Denise

Awww, it is best to do what you feel. I agree with you about how it is not fair for her to be all couped up alot.

Congrats on your new child coming up. Don't worry there are alot of people who is willing to care for her and give you updates.

BIG NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE FOUND A FOREVER HOME FOR TRIXIE! A very good friend of mine hasdecided to adopt her and we are SO THRILLED! She was not aconsideration at first, because she lives in Californina, and we boththought it would be too difficult to transport Trixie clear acrosscountry to get there. But after much researching and talking andweighing options, we realized it IS possible to transport Trixie viaplane and even spoke to someone here who transported her bunny fromCali to Ct. to her new home with much success.

SO...without further ado...I would like to announce that MAHERWOMANwill be Trixie's new owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:colors::colors::colors::elephant::elephant::bunnydance::bunnydance::colors::colors::colors:

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Trixie will not be flying untilMarch (when the weather warms up) and this giives us plenty of time tomake the arrangements. Rosie and I are both so excited!
Thanks to everyone who showed interest in giving Trixie a new and werewilling to adopt a bunny from this forum. You are all amazing people!

Regards,
Denise

Hehe...I AM SO EXCITED!! Yes, it willtake a lot of coordination to transport Trixie here, but we're willingto go through the trouble (though I don't think either one of us reallyconsiders it "trouble", hehe!).

I have been in love with sweet Trixie bunny since the moment I laideyes on her on Denise's avatar...and am so incredibly thrilled andhonored that she'll be living in our home!

We will be taking Flower in to get spayed within a month from now, andthe plan is to transport Trixie in March. Part of the reasonis to get Flower all healed and ready for company, another part isfinancial, and the third part of the reason is the weather, since,though the cargo portion of the plane is temperature-controlled, theyrecommend not flying animals either in the heat of summer or in theextreme cold of winter.

So, Flower will finally have a buddy! We're both so excited about this!!

And, though I'm not happy that Denise has to rehome her wonderful baby,at the same time, I'm happy that she's going to live in a loving, happyhome. :)

This is such a wonderful day...and I keep thinking about the moment Isee that sweet loppy bunny face...I had such a hard time sleeping lastnight in the excitement of it all! :D

YAY!!!

:bunnydance::bunnydance: Maisie and Flower do the Happy BunnyDance in the honor of their new friend and sister Trixie...they can'twait to meet her!! :D

Hugs and love to you all,

Rosie*

P.S. Be prepared for questions from me about spaying,bonding, animal transporting, etc...you know they're coming!!:D

Now that really is some good news,i'm really happy for you guys,and i hope everything turns out ok

Rosie is a verylovely bunny mum too! :)

cheryl

Back