REHOME: Long Island, NY (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TinysMom wrote:
I think the thing to remember is that it isn't what ourforum members want - its what is best for the rabbit. For all we know,Trixie might even be best off with someone who isn't a forum member butreally loves rabbits (maybe they'd wind up joining the forum).

As a breeder, I recently rehomed about 1/4 of my rabbits in a 10 dayperiod. Some folks didn't get a rabbit...others got more than one(especially if they were knowledgable). Some folks never ever got tosee my babies - others had first shot at them.

I am adopted and my mom has told me many times what my parents weretold by the workers. "We aren't here to give you a baby. We're here tofind the right home for the babies we have."

That has been my attitude as a breeder towards my rabbits - I'm here todo what is best for THEM....even if it means turning someone down.

I think its great that you both are going to get to meet Trixie....andher slaves. But please remember if they wind up saying no or pickingsomeone else...its because they have to do what is best for Trixie.

Just my .02

Peg
:yeahthat

MyBoyHarper wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
I think thething to remember is that it isn't what our forum members want - itswhat is best for the rabbit. For all we know, Trixie might even be bestoff with someone who isn't a forum member but really loves rabbits(maybe they'd wind up joining the forum).

As a breeder, I recently rehomed about 1/4 of my rabbits in a 10 dayperiod. Some folks didn't get a rabbit...others got more than one(especially if they were knowledgable). Some folks never ever got tosee my babies - others had first shot at them.

I am adopted and my mom has told me many times what my parents weretold by the workers. "We aren't here to give you a baby. We're here tofind the right home for the babies we have."

That has been my attitude as a breeder towards my rabbits - I'm here todo what is best for THEM....even if it means turning someone down.

I think its great that you both are going to get to meet Trixie....andher slaves. But please remember if they wind up saying no or pickingsomeone else...its because they have to do what is best for Trixie.

Just my .02

Peg
:yeahthat
WOW! Couldn't have said it better myself. It's not about WHO I likebetter, it's about whose home would be best for my baby girl. I havebeen talking to both Ani-lover and ILTC since they have both expressedinterest in Trixie. Ani-lover and her dad stopped by last night to meether with her rabbit Domino and let me tell you, Trixie and Domino hitit off instantly! So much so that when he hopped into HER cage, sheflopped down behind him and stretched out against his back. Ani-loveris a very sweet young lady and has a background in animal husbandrysince her and her family used to run a rabbitry.
ILTC is scheduled to come to my home today to meet Trixie and thentomorrow my husband's co-worker is coming with his son and daughter tomeet Trixie as well.
Thank you all SO MUCH for showing interest in my bunny and for beingwilling to open your hearts and homes to a new rabbit. It's soreassuring to know that whoever I pick will be a wonderful rabbit ownersince you are all GREAT!
~Denise

I'm so glad Trixie has found a new home...wherever it is I'm sure it will be great:D

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Here are pics from when Ani-lover and Dominocame over to meet Trixie. I think somewhere down the line these 2 arerelated. Maybe Domino is Trixie's great-great Uncle!
Enjoy!
PS: As soon as Ani-lover's dad asked if Trixie was litter-box trainedand right after I replied that her litter box manners areimpeccable...she left a mess EVERYWHERE! So don't mind the poops...Ithink she got a little excited :)

47b6cf38b3127cce985487e6656e00000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

47b6cf38b3127cce985487e7e45f00000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

47b6cf38b3127cce985487e5e45d00000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

47b6cf38b3127cce985487e2656a00000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

47b6cf38b3127cce985487e3e45b00000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

47b6cf38b3127cce985487e0656800000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

47b6cf38b3127cce985487e1e45900000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

47b6cf38b3127cce985487ee656600000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

This is when she plopped down behind him:

47b6cf38b3127cce985487ec656400000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

47b6cf38b3127cce985487ede45500000017108AbuG7dq1Ztq

Awww look at that, how cute. I hope you find someone.

I would be upset if no one had not called me or let me know that they could not make it.

and just before we left, i was putting domino back in his carrier for the 2 min. ride home and while i was doing so

with a quick thought trixie grabbed dominos treats out of theside pocket and ran into her bunny mansion trying to save them forherself:laugh::runningrabbit:

The change in the"impeccable" litter habits wereprobably just a result of seeing another rabbit. All my rabbits havegreat litter habits in their cage, but when they are outside of theircage and get near the other rabbits cages, they tend to drop a fewpresents.;)

wow..those two do look like twins!

Ani, would it ever be possible to bring Domino inside if you did end upadopting Trixie? They seem like they would get along great and thatcage is definitely big enough for two.

I know..thats got to be one of the best cagesIve ever seen. I showed my boyfriend Trixie's thread with the pics ofher cage and he said he thinks we need to build Tumnus one that big :D

thats great news:)
pehaps you and domino could visit her again, they looked like they had alot of fun.:bunnydance:

Yep! DH and I did a lot of talking and we aregoing to try and work it out. When it came down to it, the mere idea ofgiving her up broke my heart. Especially once I found her a good homeand STILL couldn't bring myself to give her up. We are going to try andswitch to hay cubes and see how that helps DH's allergies.

TrixieRabbit wrote:
Yep! DH and I did a lot of talking and we are going to tryand work it out. When it came down to it, the mere idea of giving herup broke my heart. Especially once I found her a good home and STILLcouldn't bring myself to give her up. We are going to try and switch tohay cubes and see how that helps DH's allergies.
:happydance

I bumped a thread, that Buck started, entitled "Hay or not to Hay?"
Many owners/breeders don't feed hay and opt for a good pelletized feed.

Latest posts

Back