REHOME: Long Island, NY (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrixieRabbit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well, I have some bad news. DH and I have given it much considerationand have come to the conclusion that we need to find our little Trixiegirl a new home. We are not going to just "give her away" to a shelteror pound, but we need to find someone responsible and caring who willlove her as much as we do. DH has severe allergies to hay and grassand, as it turns out, animal fur, and has been getting sickconsistently for months. After one sinus infection after the other, hewent to a second allergistwho confirmed that having a bunnyindoors in a small condo isthe culprit to hisallergies.

PLEASEdo notflame me for this, because I loveTrixie and it is painful enough to have to part with her. But weareNOT just going to giveher to anybody who wants apetfor their kid, which is why I am posting this here at therisk of getting flamed.

We have considered all our other options and they are justnotrealistic for the quality of life of our little bunny(putting her outside, smaller cage, etc)

SO....Trixie is FREE to agood, responsiblehome andI will include her 3-story, custom-made home as well as a small arearug, toys and a carrier and also an excersise pen. I will also includeall her veterinary records, bags of litter (woody pet), andfood. She is also spayed and litter box trained.

Dh and I live on Long Island, NY in Suffolk County. If you areinterested in adopting Trixie, wecan arrangea pickup, etc or even meet halfway.

I am including a link to my bunny blog with pics of our little one and her cage.

Pleaseunderstand thatthe reason I am posting hereis because the people on here really care for their rabbits and are thekind of people that Trixie would do good with.
Thanks so much!
Denise and Paul and Trixie

Here's the link:http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12961&forum_id=6

How awful you have to part with her, I can tell you really don't want to and will really miss her:(

TrixieRabbit wrote:
We have considered all our other options and they are justnotrealistic for the quality of life of our little bunny(putting her outside, smaller cage, etc)
Are you not able to put her outside, or do you think it's cruel?

There is nothing wrong with rabbits living outside as long as they getlots of love and attention, have big enough hutches/houses and haveenough warmth in winter. I have 3 outdoor rabbits and i can tell youthey have a wonderful quality of life, we bring them in the houseregularly and they get showered with care!:)

Sorry about that, I just get a bit annoyed when people say rabbitsshouldn't live outside!:DBut I don't even know if that's whatyou're saying!

Michaela:brownbunny

Moved to Rescue Me!:)

I'm so sorry you have to rehome Trixie. I know how much youlove her. Nobody here is going to be mad at you.You're a great bunny mom, this is just an unfortunate circumstance.:(

Michaela, if she's in a condo that means she doesn't have a yard.

If there's no prospective home nearby, maybe we could help with transport to get her to a good home?

I wish I could take her, but I don't have room or time for another rabbit that might not bond with my other buns.:(

naturestee wrote:
Michaela, if she's in a condo that means she doesn't have a yard.
Ah right, I didn't know what a condo was:?

Sorry!:embarrassed:

I do really hope things work out and you find her a suitable home:bunny19

Michaela:brownbunny

Aww Im so sorry to hear this Denise. I know youhave a lot on your plate right now and I know you guys have doneeverything you can to keep little Trixiein your home.

We'll do everything we can to help find her a great home. If anyone isinterested, even if its a bit far, let us know and maybe we can use thetransport team to get her to a new loving home.

Oh my.....what an adorable rabbit. If only youlived here in Tx where I could get her. I already have Puck and Milinaas lops along with their daughter....so I don't think that Art wouldlet me take another lop....

I wish you well in finding her a good home...maybe one close enough that you can visit her? Or would that be too hard?

Peg

Oh no, poor Denise! And poor Paul. :sad:This mustjust be gutwrenching! :tears2:

Trixie has been a much-loved member of your family, not just a toy,that's been very clear in your posts, I couldn't imagine anyone flamingyou for this.

I reallythink you can find a great place forher,itwould be nice if it was close by so you couldvisit. I'm sure Halley and Baci will do their usual stellarjob of letting everybody here from your area know.Ithink there's a lucky family out there somewhere that will win theTrixie lottery. She's really a prize.

So sorry, but unfortunately, these things dohappen. You gave it a great shot, so sorry the verdict didn'twork out in you and Pauland Trixie'sfavor.But she will be fine.(Andso will poor Paul. He really needstobe able tofeel healthy and comfortable in his home).

I'll be watching this thread (and checking my address book).

sas :( and the hairballs :brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

No, unfortunately, no luck. Not one person haseven shown interest in adopting Trixie. I just started a new job andunfortunately haven't had time lately to post ads on petfinder oranywhere else sinceI do not have internet access at the newjob. I am asking everyone I know, but no one seems to want a rabbit. Itjust strikes me as so odd, since I wanted a rabbit SO BAD!

So, in the meantime, DH is staying out of the computer room as much aspossible and I take care of Trix myself. I try and spend a couple hourswith her each day, even if it's just sitting with her in her pen andreading a little while she chews my reading material. lol....

Please let me know if you know of anyone who might be interested.
Thanks!

~Denise, Paul and Trix

I wish I could take her..she is such a little doll.

I just love this pic of her:

attachment.php

Only the best home will do for Princess Trixie!

JIMMMM
i think you want trixie
and you want another bunny two
don't you she'll be your best friend
and you probably will spoil her overtime

are you interested????

Latest posts

Back