Rebirth of the Phoenix from Ashes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You!

Speaking of updates....

My boyfriend is going to be mad when he gets home.... I did some re-arranging today and turned our living room into a bunny bonanza... :)

I think this is the set up I will keep until they are bonded, it seems pretty good and I left a little space between the pens.

3-5.jpg

2-10.jpg

1-10.jpg

I think Phoenix is actually happier in this setting. She is getting natural light from the window. I zip tied her tunnel to her playpen since every morning I can hear her running through it and it sliding...

As for Hippo... I have decided to rename him Hippogryff... My boyfriend and I have been watching a lot of Harry Potter lately and since there is a Pheonix in there, there is also a Hippogryff... That way I don't have to change him name too much.

"A Hippogriff (also spelled Hippogryph and Hippogryphe, Italian: Ippogrifo) is a legendary creature, supposedly the offspring of a griffin and a mare."

They are both my legendary little creatures!

Plant updates.

My basil is looking fantastic, and as you can see, now my dill or maybe marjoram has sprouted. The coriander and the chives can supposedly take longer than 2 weeks.

BampP.jpg

DampM.jpg

CampC.jpg

and... my lucky bamboo plant isn't so lucky itself. I don't know what to do, I clean it out once a week, I added some fertilizer for nutrients and I water it daily, it is near a window... Perhaps it is just bad genetics.

Lucky.jpg

That looks like a great setup for the buns! They will be able to see each other but not get at each other. And the natural light through the window is nice. Your apartment looks gorgeous. I love the clean lines and crispness of your place. It appeals to my neat freak personality :)

The bunny garden is doing so good I know nothing about bamboo :(

Awww I love Hippogryff's new name! I loved the Harry Potter books and movies!

I bet Phoenix IS happier being in the living room! She gets to be a part of everything now and you have such nice windows, with such great light.
I can't wait to hear when Hippogryff gets home, I'm so excited for you!

Whats wrong with your bamboo? Is it yellowing or not growing? I don't know much about bamboo, but I probably wouldn't water it everyday. Like every other day. But I could be WAY wrong.

agnesthelion wrote:
That looks like a great setup for the buns! They will be able to see each other but not get at each other. And the natural light through the window is nice. Your apartment looks gorgeous. I love the clean lines and crispness of your place. It appeals to my neat freak personality :)

The bunny garden is doing so good I know nothing about bamboo :(

Thank you and thank you again. I am somewhat of a neat freak myself, I totally understand!

The garden is actually sprouting up like crazy!! I will take some more pictures when it is light outside. Seems like it just sprung up over night!

whitelop wrote:
Awww I love Hippogryff's new name! I loved the Harry Potter books and movies!

I bet Phoenix IS happier being in the living room! She gets to be a part of everything now and you have such nice windows, with such great light.
I can't wait to hear when Hippogryff gets home, I'm so excited for you!

Whats wrong with your bamboo? Is it yellowing or not growing? I don't know much about bamboo, but I probably wouldn't water it everyday. Like every other day. But I could be WAY wrong.

Thank you :) for the last week we have been harry potter manics! We have watched each movie in order were only on the 4th one.

As for the bamboo, it seems like its leaves are yellowing and wilting. I should think bamboo always needs water it says to keep the water 1 inch above the rocks at all times.... :/

Maybe it needs some sort of plant food. Berry plants will start to yellow from lack of nutrients. Of course, overwatering can do it too, but I know absolutely nothing about bamboo.

Thanks JBun, I kind of agree, maybe a trip to get plant food is in order.

As I mentioned, it seems like the herbs have sprouted overnight!!

Dill & Marjoram
DillMarjoram.jpg

Cilantro and Chives
CilantroChives.jpg

(The cilantro is starting slowly :))

Basil and Parsley (I don't see Parsley :?)
DillParsley.jpg

Yesterday, I caught Phoenix flopped over and thought it was adorable, I snapped a quick picture before she got up but it's kind of difficult to see

DBF.jpg

I swear she is just happier in the living room and I think it is all the natural light and the central location. Last night I came home to binkies and binky 500's! She never really binkies. Here she is enjoying this mornings selection of pellets, oat & timothy hay, and dandelion, arugula, bok choy and romaine lettuce.

Nexxuss.jpg

I spoke to Hippogryff's foster mom last night, I am picking him up some time this week and apparently he weighs 5.5 lbs, thats just one pound heavier than Phoenix. Oh and he is a very food motivated bunny, there isn't a bunny safe food that he doesn't like... I hope this means he is not prone to boughts of gas and stasis. :)

Sorry for the long updates lately! Thanks all for reading! :)

holtzchick wrote:
agnesthelion wrote:
Omg a new bun this week. Yay! Can't wait to hear!

Yes Thursday there will be a new bun :) and it will be hippogryff.
I cant wait either just hope the poop wars aren't too bad!

Hippogryff is so cute!

The poop wars were pretty bad for me :( and I'm a neat freak like you! The really bad thing? They still do it! Well, I don't think they are marking territory anymore because they are bonded and in one cage but I think they got in the habit so bad of pooping at the border of the two cages that that is where they still poop. I can't fit a litterbox there so every morning I'm picking up tons of poop pellets. I greet them every morning with "well good morning my little poop machines!" it sucks but I'm just getting used to it I guess........
The good thing is they only do it it night AND they never had any pee accidents through all of this and pee is worse then poop anyway.

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to read about when he gets home! I don't know much about poop wars, but hopefully it won't last too long.
My goodness Phoenix is SO pretty. I'm in love with her ears! She and Hippogryff will look so good together.

agnesthelion wrote:
holtzchick wrote:
agnesthelion wrote:
Omg a new bun this week. Yay! Can't wait to hear!

Yes Thursday there will be a new bun :) and it will be hippogryff.
I cant wait either just hope the poop wars aren't too bad!

Hippogryff is so cute!

The poop wars were pretty bad for me :( and I'm a neat freak like you! The really bad thing? They still do it! Well, I don't think they are marking territory anymore because they are bonded and in one cage but I think they got in the habit so bad of pooping at the border of the two cages that that is where they still poop. I can't fit a litterbox there so every morning I'm picking up tons of poop pellets. I greet them every morning with "well good morning my little poop machines!" it sucks but I'm just getting used to it I guess........
The good thing is they only do it it night AND they never had any pee accidents through all of this and pee is worse then poop anyway.

Awhhh :( ... I'm already kind of used to picking up stray poops in the cage since phoenix is about 80 % in the litter box. Yeah, pee is way worse, thank god I don't have any of those accidents :)

whitelop wrote:
I am so excited for you! I can't wait to read about when he gets home! I don't know much about poop wars, but hopefully it won't last too long.
My goodness Phoenix is SO pretty. I'm in love with her ears! She and Hippogryff will look so good together.

Thanks! :biggrin: I'm hoping so. Her fur is getting prettier from the veggies. As for her ears, it's a shame that I've never gotten a picture but when she is exploring something new, she puts her ears all the way back and it is the cutest thing! She was doing that with the Christmas tree yesterday. :)

Latest posts

Back