Rebirth of the Phoenix from Ashes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy fluffernutter, Batman! Is that the same bunny??? She looks AMAZING! What a precious little bunny!! I just want to kiss her little nose!

Her color is beautiful. Looks like she is settling in nicely after the move :)

Thank you! She is very much settled in. And so it begins, Phoenix 1 Carpet 0.... She is learning to chew the carpet which I hate so much since she does not chew on ANYTHING else :/

Everytime she went to chew the rug, I would pick her up and put her on the wood floors. She really didn't like that :) I think my work is done. Hopefully it will teach her not to chew as opposed to chewing our rug out of spite! I got a couple of nice shots of her today that for me, completely show her personality!

Nixie.jpg

Her giving my hand kisses... Got to love the face!!

kisses.jpg

Having a hard time on the kitchen tiles! Poor Nixie!

uncomfortable.jpg

We have taken to calling her Nixie for short or even Nexus. :)

My little Nexus is such a charmer! Even though she's caught doing something bad, she will still give you that look that's like "Me? Oh, never! I wouldn't do that" and you can't help but believe her! lol....

She hopped up on my couch yesterday and I caught her giving me this look after trying to taste the pillows!!

Perfect.jpg

THEN she shot me another look as she was about to dig into the throw!

Perfect20.jpg

HOW CAN I STAY MAD AT THAT FACE?!?? :eek:

lol, well your pillows look like they've got leaves - if I was a bunny, I'd taste 'em too! (super cute pillows, though!)

WOW she is a stunner :D :hearts

Looks like she is settling into her new domicile quite well!

She is just a doll. Her coloring seems to even change a bit. In these pics she looks more gray but in some she looks orange. Beautiful :)

Your place looks gorgeous! I like the green pillows too!

Thanks :) My sister got those pillows for me as a housewarming present and I THINK she got them at home sense which I guess the equivalent in the US is Homegoods...you know another TJX company.

Last night i had made Phoenix a toy from an egg carton and just stuffed it with hay and threw some treats in there. Her reaction was funny because the first thing she did was pick it up and fling it across her cage so the box split open and the hay went everywhere... Hmmm that is the only way she ever plays with toys she only likes to toss them and will only chew wicker balls.

Bunnies will be bunnies :)

She is officially also molting with cactus butt to prove it. I have a Furminator brush for her but it's way too small and her fur is simply too thick for it to get through I think I have to sell that one and buy a medium dog sized one.... Yes that would be more appropriate. I'm going to wander over to petsmart today before work to see if I can pick up any other toys for her:/

How much would you sell the Furminator for? my bunny needs some grooming and I would buy it from you.

Also is your phoenix a Palomino rabbit? she is beautiful!

Honestly since you're in the states I think it is more worth it for you to get one locally.. I was thinking of selling mine on kijiji but I havent figured out the price yet.

Thank you :) I'm not sure what Phoenix is but I have had palomino come to mind. She is simply not large enough or meaty enough to have palomino in her mix, she only weighs 4.6 lbs. palominos are known for being used as meat rabbits so that's out of the question :/ she's my mutt bunny :)

Your right :), I didn't notice it you were in Canada! Kijiji is a great place to sell, you could also sell it on Ebay.

You certainly are lucky to own phoenix she is gorgeous!!!:)

Thank you :)

I know it's weird and I never put much thought into it, but I'm starting to wonder if Phoenix is a reincarnation of someone or a pet that was once close to me! I've never believed too much in reincarnation but she was just such a coincidence and she's loves me SO much! Everytime I walk by her playpen, she immediately runs over, and everytime I crouch down she jumps on me or scratches me so I will give her pets and then kisses me so much! I am so glad to have her with me :)

Also, I noticed she is not afraid of the tile floor in the den her cage is in but she is VERY afraid to go into the living room where the wooden floors are. I think I am going back to walmart so I can get more of those mats to build her a pathway around the downstairs when she is out of her cage :) I leave her pen open the entire time I am at home but she only stays in her cage and hops around the den. :/ Odd.

It has been decided... Phoenix needs SOMEBUNNY to love! I've had enough. She grooms me so much and she enjoys all my grooming with her, it dawned on me that when I'm not home, she likely misses it. I am getting her a husbunny!
I've decided to wait a little until I know how much my work hours will be increasing and until we buy all of our furniture and get that settled in. I'm thinking that by Christmas time we will be ready to bring another bun home. The shelter by me does bunny dates except they only have one bunny there at the time, and I would prefer to get her a male since I've read all the mishaps with same sex bonds.
I would also like to have another bun from 3-4 years so that I don't have to worry about one going before the other.

I made her a new toy today out of a paper towel tube and she seemed to like tossing it around. I really wanted to make a different toy, a stuffed bunny made from a sock but I wanted to stuff it with newspaper... Needless to say, I got super frustrated because it took too long to sew. I got the idea from a link a friend sent me a few years back and I recently found it on my bookmarks. The link is in Polish but you get the idea, I think it's adorable! I don't see why with some modifications it could be a perfectly safe bunny stuffy!! It's all step by step with photo's so I'm sure anyone could follow it if they wanted to... Here is the link :) http://www.joemonster.org/art/18993/Co_zrobic_z_zagubiona_skarpetka_

I've been very sad all day so my thoughts are that my boyfriend and I are going to eat some not so healthy food and watch a Disney movie to cheer me up! I tried to spend most of my day with Phoenix and her grooming me which is what sparked my above thoughts!

I think it is great you are deciding to get a husbun for Phoenix!! Getting a second bun has been very enjoyable for me :) it was alot of work bonding but I truly found it interesting and fun. I hope you will too.

I researched alot before I got another bun. And truly the research doesn't deny that rabbits are social creatures and very much like constant companionship. When I see Agnes and Archie together, it warms my heart to know they have each other when I can't be there. Plus, I swear it has only made our human to rabbit bond stronger. It's like she (Agnes) tries to thank me for her new love.

Best of luck for you finding a husbun. Keep us all updated!

Okay I know I said I wasnt adopting until Christmas time ish but it doesn't hurt to prepare. As such my boyfriend and I sent in an application to our rabbit rescue because we are interested in 2 buns. One is a holland lop with aparently a huge personality which one be great for Phoenix and the other one is a Californian or Californian cross from the looks of it. He is also 4 years old and weighs 11 lbs. I love big bunnies and I want one that is Phoenix's age. Well I guess we will see. Maybe the rescue can also suggest a bun that they think would suit her. Of course we would make her meet the bunny first hence putting in the application so early. I definitely don't want to rush things I want to have the other buns cage ready and everything. :) fingers crossed for that.

I bought Phoenix some western Timothy hay and she NOMMED it lol. This is the first time I have ever bought her Timothy hay from oxbow because they always looked yellowish. My boss moved the stores location and this store carries the whole oxbow line and the hay looked very fresh so I bought it from there :) I also got her the oxbow bunny treats the veggie snacks and she seemed to like those.... Actually I comeletely forgot but I am going to order Phoenix some Sherwood forest pellets tonight so when the new bunny comes I don't have to transition him through 2 differenvt and unfamiliar foods I want to make this super comfortable for whichever bun it may be.

Thanks to those who have been recording their bonding experiences in their blogs you will be a huge help to ,me :) so happy that all of us bunny lovers have a site like this for support and entertainment !!

My dream husbun for the Tipster is a Californian. Still working on convincing the other half that we have enough space. They're super cute. Phoenix would love somebunny to love! Although you can send her here and I'll give her kisses!

aww, so exciting that you're preparing for a new arrival! hopefully the rescue will have a perfect soulmate for Phoenix :)

That's great that you are getting a new bunny!:biggrin: I'm sure Phoenix will love to have a husbun!

I want to get my bunny a bunwife, when I have the time to care for two bunny's.

Latest posts

Back