Rebirth of the Phoenix from Ashes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phoenix has been a little odd lately... In the sense that I keep her playpen open and all she does is stay there. Rarely does she come out of her pen since she does not like the flooring. Yesterday, I decided to go to Walmart and get more of those flooring mats. I made Phoenix a pathway on the floors and she's been running back and forth non stop all morning. I think this is JUST what she needed. The good thing about the mats is I can always just fold them up and put them in the closet at any time!

Here's a picture of her unsure of her pathway at first.

1-8.jpg

Then I also decided that she is not eating enough hay, she barely touches the stuff and just goes to pellets. Instead I decided to feed her 1/8 cup of pellets this morning, with a load of hay AND I put some dill, carrot greens, and cilantro into her bowl as well (by the way, what is the rule with veggies, how many to give? 1-2 cups?) Last night I gave her some beet leaves, sweet potato and kale but I think it was too much calcium... Her urine wasn't like sludgy this morning but it was really white and slightly thick so I just decided that maybe she shouldn't get kale for now.

Heres a picture of her nomming on her greens :)

2-8.jpg

She's still silently nomming... I can hear her from upstairs, oh food motivated buns.

Aww so glad you are preparing early for a new bun :) I was looking at holland lops too for Agnes but ended up with a mini Rex but holland lops still are so appealling to me!

Love the floor mat idea. Agnes is not a fan of slippery surfaces either. Archie and her both avoid the tiled bathroom. But they have tons of carpeted space to run on too.

Great idea with the flooring mats!:) now she can finally go where she was afraid to go!

About with the greens... I feed my bun about a cup of greens a day, and he seems fine with that!

Nice sounds good :)!!

I just confirmed my order for 12 lbs of Sherwood forest pellets and I hope they get here soon :) I want to have her on those before new bun gets here better to transfer one than two

Nice sounds good :)!!

I just confirmed my order for 12 lbs of Sherwood forest pellets and I hope they get here soon :) I want to have her on those before new bun gets here better to transfer one than two

HRS recommends at least 2 cups (packed) leafy green veggies per 6 lbs body weight daily... non-leafy greens should be limited to 1 tbsp per 2 lbs body weight daily. I probably wouldn't feed sweet potato, they don't do well with excess carbs.

yeah, if she's new to veggies you definitely want to do it gradually and work your way up to the full amount for her weight.

Thanks :) I plan on making one more and then one big one for them to share later on.... Actually the hay rack thing wasn't so bad all i did was take a grinder to the nic cube to cut it but I must say that I didn't have a ledge that I could bend the cube with so I had to get my mother to stand at the top of the concrete steps outside while I jumped on the other end to bend it....

Oh and Imbrium regarding introducing veggies, she seems to be doing okay with everything else I have given her. She must of had veggies before somewhere in time :/ its odd...

I'm going to try and start growing carrot and beet tops today :)

mine had no issues at all with introducing veggies either, it's just a precautionary thing :p

I've got a bunny garden, too! I gave up on carrot tops, they took WAY too long to grow from seeds and you can buy carrots with tops at my grocery store. I gave the seedling to my neighbor and it's still like 2'' tall... I must've planted that thing at least 2 mos ago.

I have some expensive herbs because I could buy a whole plant for the cost of a little packet at the grocery store (which is a total rip-off) plus a couple other things - basil, sage, mint, orange mint, fennel and raddicio.

Lol okay maybe I won't try the carrot top thing sounds great though! I will definitely have a bunny garden as Phoenix seems to love the veggies!

On another note, Bob from sherwood forest wrote me and said they had to refund me for my order since they're currently not shipping to Canada :grumpy: of course just my luck!

Okay so updates! :) I went to Walmart to grab packets of seeds I could plant for Nexxus but they didn't have any I ended up getting a "fine herb" chia plant. It basically has dill, cilantro, curley parsley, chives, basil and marjoram. I'm going to plant those tonight and hopefully that works out :)

Latest posts

Back