My Daisy is very sick *RIP*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Cheryl. I'm so sorry :tears2: None of this is fair.

That is a sweet picture;).

Cheryl, you do not deserve this, at all. I want to give you a big hug:hug:.

Please update us, is tomorrow Sunday for you? Please know I'm thinking of you both.:bigtears:

Try to be strong, I know it will be very difficult. Know we are with you in thought and prayer.:pray:

Oh Cheryl...my heart continues to be with you...:(

PLEASE come online and talk to me if you need a friend, ok? You won't be bothering me...:hearts

:pray:

I am so sorry, just read this thread now.....Cheryl you are in my prayers and thoughts tonight......I don't know what else I can say.

:purplepansy:

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
That is a sweet picture;).

Cheryl, you do not deserve this, at all. I want to give you a big hug:hug:.

Please update us, is tomorrow Sunday for you? Please know I'm thinking of you both.:bigtears:

Try to be strong, I know it will be very difficult. Know we are with you in thought and prayer.:pray:

It's saturday night here..10:00pm..thanks Crystal

Thanks Emily, Rosie and Lisa

Rosie i was going to go on msn this afternoon and see if i could chat with you,but i just couldn't....i just don't know...:(

Cheryl

I just thought i would post a few more pictures...just because

Daisy playing outside...happy times

000_0699.jpg

Silly girl

000_0366-1.jpg

000_0098.jpg

000_0775.jpg

Daisy and Jack

000_0782.jpg

Oh Cheryl, like everyone else I really don't know what to say.

This is so sad. I will be thinking of you and Daisy and will say a prayer for both of you.

Susan:pray:

I can't find the words to explain how horrible I feel for you and Daisy. It really does break my heart.

What I will tell you tho, is that I noticed Daisy has had a wonderful life with "friends" and love and playtime in the grass. You have given her a tremendous gift by loving her and caring about how she and other rabbits live.

Again what comes to mind is that there seems to be reasons for these sad losses. Maybe you are needed for something else. Maybe Daisy is educating someone or several people.

It doesn't help the loss, but I hope in time you can find some comfort in those thoughts.

I'm so sorry.

This is making me cry. :bigtears:

I wish there was something i could do. Are you absolutely sure that getting the leg removed won't help. It just seems that with all the modern medicins that there's still something we could do to help.

Oh Cheryl.:sad:There are no words sometimes...:bigtears:

I know exactly how you are feeling Cheryl, just spend as much time with Daisy as you can and show her how much you love her before you have to say goodbye. Thinking of you.:hug:

I understand...it's so hard...no obligations...just if you need a friend...:hearts

cheryl13 wrote:

Rosie i was going to go on msn this afternoon and see if i could chat with you,but i just couldn't....i just don't know...:(

Cheryl

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

I knew before GingerSpice passed that I was going to lose her - and it was so very hard. I wanted to just hold her close and make each moment last forever.

I'm grateful now that I had that time to love her and that it wasn't a sudden passing where I didn't have warning because it did give me a bit of time to prepare myself to say goodbye and I'm glad now that I had that time.

But it doesn't make that time any easier - it is just so hard when you KNOW you're going to lose a furfriend.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Peg

[align=left]She is so beautiful, Cheryl. And Bo is right, I know it doesnt make it hurt any less but you have given her the most wonderful life a bunny could ask for- friends and love and playing in the sunshine.[/align]
Ive always liked this poem, I thought it might bring you some comfort in this difficult time:

[align=center]The Last Battle [/align]

[align=center]If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown
[/align]

[align=left]We're here for you hun, whatever you need.
[/align]

I read this today, and I liked it.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Oh I love this. I think I will save it for when I am sad.

Ivory wrote:
I read this today, and I liked it.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

(((Cheryl)))

I'm so very sorry to hear about Daisy's prognosis. It's the type of thing that none of us as animal lovers want to hear when our beloved pets become sick, and yet it happens so very often. Your decision to take her home was one that I'm sure many of us here would have done...I know that I would have. When such a diagnosis is made, it hits hard, and it's something that takes an owner time to adjust to...and sometimes those extra days are exactly what both pet and owner need in order to say goodbye.

Daisy has been so blessed to have you as her heart human; there is just so much you have given to her. In a world where so many pets are abandoned, or neglected, or given up when they are less than 'perfect', you have truly been her guardian angel. I do understand just how difficult this all is, but I just wanted to let you know that there is nothing you could have done better, or differently, for her. Bless you for loving your sweet girl...and you know, I truly do believe that our beloved furries do choose us...and Daisy chose very well indeed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you...and I pray that your pain will be eased with time. :hug2:

Back