My Daisy is very sick *RIP*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Cheryl, I could never put any of my baby to sleep on the spot. Don't feel bad for that. :tears2:I would never ever be able to do it that way. I totally understand. My rabbit (well my mother's but I loved it as much) she was doing better so it seemed but when the vet told me I should put her to sleep I was so in shock. I just wasn't ready. It's not something you are ever ready for really. But not having a proper goodbye... I couldn't do that. I brought her home.

The reason I say it, is because I know how much it hurts. And I know that we want to hold on forever. Unfortunately, I held on too long and she suffered. I never made it to the vet. That is something that took me forever to forgive myself for. I don't want to see something like that happen to someone else.

It's the worst way to lose a friend.

:hug:

I really am sorry... :cry1:

Ms Binky,i'm sorry you went through all that..i don't want that to happen to Daisy,i don't want her to suffer,i just don't know why this is happening

When i had to put Marsh to sleep there and then,it was hard....so,so hard :(

cheryl13 wrote:
I know what i should do,i just couldn't make that decision there and then like i had to with Marshy...i know i'm being really stupid you know...i know that!

I know i have to do whats best for Daisy,think about her quality of life..i know all that and i've done nothing but think of that

The hardest part now is packing her up in her basket and taking her to the vet and knowing she isn't coming home alive....i know i sound very sooky...well i am a big sook and i cannot help it,i just cry when i'm faced with these kinds of things..that's just me i guess

Aww hon, I know it's so hard. It's probably one of the hardest decisions I've ever been faced with. You know it's the right thing, you know it's helping her but you want her to live and you don't want to be the one to say it's time and take her.

If you can have a close friend take her maybe that would help?

Keep in mind, you love her and you don't want her to be suffering. When you think about something like the horrible pain that you get when you just stub your toe on something..... it's awful right at first..... she must be going through similar pain all the time right now. Ya know? You don't want her to feel that. She's a bunny so she's going to hide her pain a lot - it's their nature. If you notice she's not feeling well - then it's definitely hurting her.

I'm not going to tell you that it's time - only you and she can know for sure. Just try to think of her feelings and not how much you'll miss her. It's not fair to make her stay if she is in pain all the time.

:hug:

You know Bo,your right about everything you say....it's just hard and i still keep thinking what if he made a mistake.

Ok,i know i'm starting to sound crazy here,but that is how i'm feeling at the moment,i'm feeling desperate..but what if it is just a reallybad infection in her leg,and the vet just got it wrong

She can still clean herself,she was cleaning herself just before i dropped my son of at school,just a half hour ago,and she is eating and drinkingok still

What if she doesn't have cancer,and she is losing weight because of pain,i know bunnies can lose weight from being in pain

Cheryl - I understand your concerns hon, believe me I went through the samewith Ruby. All I can say is make sure that there is nothing you can do to help Daisybefore you lether go...and if and when you let her go make sure it is when you are both ready.

Thinking of you Cheryl.:hug:

Aww Jess,you are just the sweetest

Well,i finally got in contact with Sally just now,the rabbit rescuerer,i will be taking Daisy down to see her at 3:20pm this afternoon.

I was talking to her on the phone about Daisy,she was saying that if it is infact bone cancer and it's gotten into her blood,well then that's it...but at least i will have that second opinion,and it just helps that she is a veterinary nurse

Yep. If you need to get a second opinion, get it.

I understand completely. It is one of the worst responsibilities as a pet owner.

I wish I had a way to help you.

Oh gosh Bo,this is really the hardest part about owning pets..it's when they get sick,and it's even worse because i'm not a strong person..my heart rules my brain,instead of the other way around.

I'm feeling better now that i finally got a hold of Sally,i feel as if a big weight has just been lifted of my shoulders...even if the outcome is going to be bad..at least i know i did all i can for Daisy before i made that decision.

Oh come on 3:20!!

You know,i just wanted to take this opportunity and say a bigTHANKYOU to Randy,he was willing to talk to my vet about Daisy,i cannot believe someone would do that for me.

Thankyou Randy :hug:

Good luck. I'll be thinking about you and Daisy.

I agree, Randy is awesome for that and other things!

You can get micropathology tests done to see if it's cancer....

Ivory wrote:
You can get micropathology tests done to see if it's cancer....
Is that a blood test?

No, you take a biopsy of the bone, and look at it under a microscope. Osteomyelitis looks different than an osteosarcoma.

Neither is better than the other...

Gosh it's only 10:30am here at the moment..still a while to wait

Ivory wrote:
No, you take a biopsy of the bone, and look at it under a microscope. Osteomyelitis looks different than an osteosarcoma.

Neither is better than the other...

Oh that was what i was afraid of..Daisy doesn't do to well under anaesthetic,she has been put under twice now and she just had a hard time with it

So a blood test wouldn't show anything?

Sometimes a blood test can show cancer, sometimes not. But I don't know how much blood would be required- if a large amount of blood is required, she would probably have to be put under anyway.

If you really want to know whether or not this is really cancer (which is probably is) then don't go to a vet nurse, go to an onocologist.

Look honey, I'm really sorry, but neither is any better than the other. Osteomyelitis that bad is no better than her having cancer.

:?

Yep,i really do understand where you are coming from Ivory,i'm not going to go ahead and do anything that is going to cause Daisy any stress,i'm not going to get any tests done...it's really not fair to put her through all that now..so i'm not going to,but i will still go and see Sally though..just for my own piece of mind.

Best of luck to you hon, I'm sorry you've been going through all this.

Cheryl, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Daisey...spend quality time with her, as I'm sure you are. Just know you did all you could.

When you said earlier that you are not a strong person...right there with ya. We all understand too. You're not alone in this, really.:hug::pray:

I think you did right in bringing her home. It gives you a chance to say good bye if that is what is needed. It also gives your boys and the other rabbits a chance at saying goodbye.

You have had alot of loss in the last few months and don't deserve it. :hug:

Latest posts

Back