My Daisy is very sick *RIP*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheryl

Reaction score
Well,i have just come back from the vets,and my Daisy is dying,she has bone cancer,it's spreading through her body :(

What do i do?,i don't know what to do!:(...the vet wanted me to put her down there and then,but i couldn't,because i would have ended up into a total mess..i asked him can she come home for a few days..and then i will make that decision,i don't know if that is being selfish or not of me taking her home

I couldn't put her to sleep just now...i keep thinking about Marshmallow

Oh god!...what's going on with my bunnies

:bigtears:

I'm so sorry. I hate to hear she's so ill :(

Is she acting different. What took you to the vet? I might have missed it on here. If so, I'm sorry :(

You need to take this into your heart and make the decision for her when it becomes more pain than pleasure. If she can't do her normal things like eat, poop, drink, and if she's having pain. It's time.

If it's not so bad yet, give it a few days but don't let her linger in suffering.

:hug:

Oh Cheryl, oh no. I am so sorry, geez. I don't know what's going on, but please don't blame yourself:(.

I would do what you're doing, keep her home. When you feel she is in pain and not doing well, that's your decision...

Oh Cheryl...I just don't know what to say anymore...you poor thing.

Daisey, I'm so sorry. Please try to feel good for awhile. We love you.

Cheryl, please pm me if you need to talk...:bigtears:

Trying to send good vibes.:hug:

I feel as if i'm flooding the board with all my problems with my bunnies and i'm sick of it!..so i thought i would just wait and see what was wrong with her.

She's lost a ton of weight,real fast,and then she stopped using her right back leg just a little while ago,she would just drag it..she has no hip joint in that leg as she had to have it removed.

I was thinking maybe she had arthritis or something and i was going to make a post about arthritis....but it's worse than that

The vet was feeling her foot today and he really feels as if it's eating away at her bone,because it just didn't feel normal and the weight loss.

I was worried that she would have to have an operation,and she doesn't do to well under anesthetic (sp),i'm stupid.When she was spayed i nearly lost her,and when she had the op to remove her hip joint,i nearly lost her again.

The vet said the same thing as you said Bo,if she's eating and drinking then she will be ok for a few days,but if she gets worse before then,then i have to take her in immediately.

I'm at a loss here :(

Thanks Angel..i just don't know how i'm going to find the courage to take her back to the vet to be PTS...i feel sick :(

cheryl13 wrote:
Thanks Angel..i just don't know how i'm going to find the courage to take her back to the vet to be PTS...i feel sick :(

Oh sweetheart. I'm here for you? I don't know what to say sweetie. Please feel free to pm my butt off and just vent if you have to, I don't care. Let it out there if you want. I don't mind, I'll respond to you hon.

I'm so sorry:(:grumpy:.

I'm so very sorry! I know it must be heartwrenching with all you've been through.

Sometimes we are given the ones who need us most. You have this deep love and caring for the bunnies. Daisy has had issues before as you've said. She needed someone who would love and care for her no matter what and she has had you.

How old is Daisy? btw.

I'm glad that you have some time to at least say your goodbyes. It's so hard and I know there are going to be loads of tears, but if she has to go.. you have that much at least.

You know Bo..i don't even know how old she is..i was at the pet shop one day buying pellets,when the girl said to me..did you see the bunnies?,Daisy and her brother had been dumped at the petshop,left in a box.They didn't know her age,so i have no idea,but she is an older bunny because she just looks older than the other bunnies..all i knew is that she needed a home...oh and they were selling her cheap because she wasn't a baby bunny :X...they still made a profit of the poor girl :(

cheryl13 wrote:
I feel as if i'm flooding the board with all my problems with my bunnies and i'm sick of it!..so i thought i would just wait and see what was wrong with her.
Oh Cheryl dont ever feel like you are burdening us. We are always here for you and want to help you through your troubled times, even if they seem never ending at the moment.

I am just in pure shock over this. I just dont understand why this is happening to you.

I dont know much about cancer, but can he really tell thats what it is without performing any tests? Or did I miss something?

For now, just try your best to keep her weight on and just doing the day to day. Our babies can be a lot stronger than they look. She'll let you know when she's ready and you can help her to be comfortable and feel so special during this difficult time.

I dont know what to say other than we're here for you- whatever you need.

Im praying for strength for you and your sweet girl

Haley

I don't know what to say, my heart goes out to you...I can't believe it :(. You of all people do not deserve so much hurt and heart ache. In your heart you will know when it's time for Daisy to go, and I'm sure she will tell you too..
Stay strong...I'll be thinking of you and Daisy. We are always here for you.:bunnyhug:

:cry2

Oh sweetheart... You've gone through so much already, so quickly :hug1
You can always talk to me about it, if you feel like you need to. You'll never be a burden to me, and I'm sure the rest of the forum feels the same. So much has happened! Don't feel like you have to hold anything back because you think you might be burdening us.

Are you absolutely sure she has bone cancer? (Did the vet do any tests...?) Is there a way you could get a second opinion?
Even if she does....keep her with you only as long as she still seems happy. You're not being selfish to want to hold on to her just a little longer. (I know my boy's loss hit so fast, I hardly even had time to say goodbye before he was gone...)
Maybe take some time in her last few days to just stay with her and spend some time with her. It won't lessen the pain if she has to go soon, but it might help you (And her) to say goodbye.

Remember we're all here for you :group:
My PM box is always open (And if you want to talk to me on MSN messenger, my email is [email protected]) You don't have to go through this alone :hearts

~Diana

Thanks Haley and Leanne :hug:

You know,i thought when i first seen Daisy dragging her foot,i first thought of EC as well,but she didn't have any other symptoms like Pippi has,and then i thought arthritis..because when she had her hip joint removed the Dr warned me that she will most probably end up with bad arthritis in the joint eventually.

I really should learn on explaining myself properly sometimes,and nothing seems to be making any sense to me at the moment anyway..i'm really sorry

Daisy had a xray,because when the vet felt her foot,it felt broken he said,but when he looked at it,it wasn't broken at all,it was being eaten away,and was travelling up her leg:shock:.He was also saying that when he touched it,it was very sore because of the way she was acting...so he did give me some metacam for her,and some baytril for the few days,because her foot was also red and hot to the touchand was also swelling up,she also had some kind of infection in it as well.

I really didn't listen to much of what he said,i just heard blah,blah bone cancer,blah blah,his words weren't sinking in..i know..i'm an idiot!

How can i look at Daisy knowing that she has to leave me soon.

I don't think the Dr was very happy with me taking her home,i know he wanted me to do what was best there and then,i guess i can understand that because he's just thinking about Daisy.

When i go back to the vet,i will ask him to go through everything again for me,as i really didn't listen to much of what he was sayingin the beginning...i do that all the time when i'm under those kinds of circumstances.

My son Anthony had cancer,and i heard nothing of what the doctors were saying,until they had to go through everything again with me....i'm such a pain

I was supposed to go to the post office today to get a money order,for one of those calanders from Sabrina's house,so i just sent my son Anthony to go do it for me,i really didn't feel like going anywhere at the moment.

You know,i was also thinking about that second opinion Diana,i keep thinking what if the dr has made a mistake or something,what if it's just a really bad infection or something,but the bone in her foot is being eaten away

Daisy is still eating ok though,like Marsh did,i don't understand why she isn't acting sick :?,she is just very,very skinny and she cannot move around as much,she's lost a lot of weight

I'm so sorry to hear about her bones....
If you need to talk, I'll be on for a few more hours.
As far as Daisy...
Watch her, love her, enjoy being with her as long as you can before she's ready to go. :hug:
I know it will be painful to be with her and look at her in her last few days knowing that she'll soon be gone, but once she is, the only thing you'll want is to be able to see her and hold her again.

~Diana

Thankyou Bunnylady:hug: and Diana (you are just to kind):hug:

I'm just debating to myself,if i should post a picture of her leg,she couldn't really sit up before,she kinda just laid down,but every now and again she will get the strength to sit up,but her foot is bent backwards,and when i pick her up,herleg just dangles,like it's dead,but it's not because she still has feeling in it:(

Iv'e been thinking about that second opinion more and more now,i'm wondering if it would be worth it to get another opinion before i did anything.

I have not seen this Dr before,as dr Lee is away (typical,just when i needed him)

But there is still that problem with her bones being eaten away,i don't know much about cancer in bunnies either,and i can only listen to what the vet tells me

Now i don't know what to do

It probably wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion (As long as he's not too far away as to stress the poor girl too much)
My mother was diagnosed with cancer by one doctor, and she cried for days before another doctor told her that she didn't have it after all. (SheACTUALLY hasKrohn's diesease, got about a foot of small intestine removed, and was fine after that)
Mistakes can always be made, even by doctors, so it may be a good idea to get a second opinion. (And if it's the same result, at least now you can be entirely sure)
Good luck with whatever you choose :hug:

~Diana

Back