My Daisy is very sick *RIP*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm saying a prayer for her. My husband and I don't have children and I see our kitties, and now, our bunny, as our babies. I can't imagine what itwould belike for one of them to be sick. Godbless you and your baby Daisy!

I wish I had the answer for you. I think I'd call that vet and ask him what made him so sure it was cancer. Could it be something else?

Thanks Edierabbit :hug:,and yes,it's the most hardest thing when you have a sick pet,it's really really hard.

And Diana...wow that was some mistake that they made with your mum,but like you said..mistakes can happen.

Iv'e calmed down a lot now,and i can think more clear.

Bo,because Daisy has lost a ton of weight in a short time,and what the x ray showed he believed it was bone cancer,because her bones are being eaten away,the dr could move her foot around :shock:,i'm wondering if a blood test might be more accurate,i don't know

Ok lets just say the dr made a mistake..there is still that problem with her bones and it's going up her leg

I'm so confused now..

yeah, thinking it over - it's probably the correct diagnosis. There isn't much you can do when it's that severe.

See how she does for the next day or two. Poor girl. I wish we could just kiss her and make it all better!

I wish I could help you more too! :(

Thanks for the link Bo,i had a look through it..but i just don't know

If it isn't cancer,i'm wondering what could eat her bones away,i don't know if arthritis can do that or not

This is Daisy,i feel really bad now about not talking about her more,she really is an awesome bunny,where ever Daisy came from,it looks like they just chucked any rabbit together and Daisy is the end result..you can tell by all her different colours..poor girl,my sister calls her the weird one..i say she's unique ;),her brother looked exactly the same as her,this is an older picture of her taken just over a year and a half ago

000_0304.jpg

Oh Cheryl...I'm so so sorry to hear this...oh, as if you haven't been through enough lately...:(

My heart is with you...and let me know if you need a friend to talk to...I'm here for you...:hug::hearts

Thanks Rosie,i really appreciate that :hug:

I just took Daisy outside for a few minutes,she has been stuck inside for a while now,i stayed out there with her,and she just munched on the grass,she cannot really move around much so she stayed in one spot..i just want her to be happy..because i just don't know what's going to happen (i should rephrase that and say..i know what's going to happen),she may as well enjoy everything she can at the moment...poor girl

I took this picture and you can see the way she holds her foot,it just drags behind her :(

As the vet was feeling her all over today,he said he can feel every little bit of her insides,because she is just so thin

myphoto.jpg

She's so pretty! I love her colors.

You have had such a rough time lately. I feel so bad for you and wish I could do more to help.

Whatever the reason this is all happening, we might never know but once again, someone has taken in a bunny who needed them so badly and she's had a good life since. Enjoyher all you can while you still have her.

:bunnyhug:

Oh no! Cheryl you don't deserve this, you are such a wonderful person. :tears2:

Poor Daisy. :hug:

If you ever need to talk just send me a note - I'm off school this week so I'll be here.

Bo B..i know,she is just the prettiest little thing,i love her to bits...and i think it was fate that day when i went to the pet shop,the day that Daisy was dumped...i don't know how someone can do that,you know..just leave an animal sitting there all by itself,what if something had happened...not that anybody would have cared anyway..life can be very sad :(

Thankyou Michaela and Jim..your words really mean a lot to me :hug:

I've been thinking,and i thought about asking for some advice from a woman who runs the South Australian rabbit rescue,she's a very nice lady,i have met her a few times before,she used to be a veterinary nurse,but i know she still does help out in different vets ocassionally..she's just always busy,and very very hard to get a hold of because she is always out on a rescue..but i'm going to try anyway.

I'm glad i brought Daisy home today,it's given me a bit of time

Cheryl

Oh Cheryl, I am sorry for what you are going through. How is Daisy doing today? Please don't blame yourself for anything. You took in the beautiful cutie and gave her a life that no one else could have given her.

You and Daisy are in my prayers.

Cheryl, I'm so sorry for all you are going through! Daisy is a beauty, and you know that she knows how much you love her....We'll keep you and Daisy in our prayers.....This forum is so incredible....so much support and love just waiting for you....:pray:

Honestly unless an animal is in dire straights like can't breath or something that is making them extreamly painful, or things along those lines, then it really isn't harmful to take them home to seek a second opinion or to have a few more days with them now that you have "the news". In my opinion a vet who has both animal and person interest in mind will tell you in their opinion they feel it is best to PTS, but that they understand that it is sudden and shocking news and that you may need a few days to think it over or to say your last good byes or to even get a second opinion.

A good way to confirm a bone tumor is to have a bone biopsy done, but I think you would be hesitant about this as they are sedated for this.Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC) does destroy the bone and cause swelling in the area, below is a toe of a dog that has it look at the end digit where the arrow points you can see how the bone is just dissapearing.

scc1.jpg

another type of tumor called osteosarcoma forms in a different waygrowing around the bone xray of a cats leg

bonetumor.jpg

serious infections have been known to eat away at the bone as well. A rabbit who was brought into the clinic had a large abcess on her jaw cause not from teeth but from a bite from another rabbit. the abcesses had been there quite some time before she was brought in, and had started to deterioate the bone. She stayed with us for a long time and was on antibiotics for a month and a half. in the end she ended up coming home with me. at the end of her treatment her abcess was gone and she lived 3 more years with out any more. she was a very old rabbit when she came to us.

I hope this is some small help. best wishes I feel for you

Oh Cheryl :tears2::hug2:

I'm so sorry to hear about all this. I wish you wouldn't be going through this at all. I too would have taken her home though, I wouldn't have been able to make such decisions so quickly.

One thing that bothers me is you being told that she has cancer and an infection. Could it be a very severe infection that got out of hand? If so, could it be treated?

I really have no advice or anything really helpful to say so please just know that we are here for you and sharing your pain. :hug2:

Omg Cheryl, I justcan't believe this.:bigtears:You have been through so much already...you don't deserve this.:tears2: If I could take all your pain and troubles away I would do so in a heart beat.:hug:

All I can say is that you may want to make sure that there is no way Daisy can be saved before you make the decision to have her pts. Making that decision for Ruby was the hardest and most painful thing I have ever done in my life - but knowing there was no way to save her at least gave me some closure.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Cheryl...you know where I am if you need to talk.:pray:Tell Daisy we all love her ok?:hug:

Thankyou for all the kind words everyone..from the bottom of my heart..thankyou :hug:

Gabby,thanks for that info..the first picture is what Daisy's foot looks like..the bone is being eaten away and her foot has swelled up,that's why the vet gave me some baytril for the few days...maybe his diagnoses is correct but i just don't want to believe it..i don't know :(

I'm still going to try to get in contact with this lady(the lady who rescues bunnies) i just want to see what she thinks.

The only thing is is trying to get a hold of her.

I put Daisy in the loungeroom this morning,so she is just hanging out by the window,poor girl..i hate seeing her like this

Cheryl

Latest posts

Back