Mimzy's Blog!! ((and Fallow))

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i read your blog, but never post a reply! so i figured i would start

i wish i could keep fish alive, they are the one animal i really REALLY want, and every tank i have ever tried has all died. i do have a beta fish, but my roommate takes complete care of him, i am not even allowed to look at him without her yelling at me

. . . yeah, my luck with fish is that bad lol!

i think i am in love with sebille. . . so cute!

its ok both of you... :)

and i have great luck with some, horrible with others. when i did freshwater i liked harder tpes like apistos and discus and what not, all of them are expensive and hard to keep a live
i loooove fish though, theres truly so much to learn from it

and Sebille is an attention hog for sure. he looooves it all :)

I have never been able to keep a discus alive. I think my water was to cold :/

Right now I just have plain ol' boring tetras. I love aquariums :] I wish I had the money for a huge saltwater tank.. they are just so expensive!

I love your discus! They are (were?) so beautiful. Your saltwater aquaria are also very nicely done. Salt tanks are too much work for us to maintain.

We have a 55 gallon fresh with 5 clown loaches and a fire eel. We were considering discus but they prefer calm water and we need to ideally set up a river or fast current tank for the loaches. (My husband wants a 300 gallon, I'm trying to convince him to gradually step up to that point!)

Fish can be a lot like rabbits: they stay contained (I know for rabbits this is not ideal) but they are very picky about their environment and diet, and they are not always affectionate in an obvious way. Loaches and eels are very delicate but they have some of the best and most interesting personalities for fish. They recognize us and 'dance' when it is time for food :D

Wow amazing fish tanks! I always wanted to try a salt water tank but never did. I had a few nice fresh water tanks set up in college but now I'm down to just a goldfish that my brother didn't want anymore, a betta, and a couple of aquatic frogs.

bunnylove817 wrote:
I have never been able to keep a discus alive. I think my water was to cold :/

Right now I just have plain ol' boring tetras. I love aquariums :] I wish I had the money for a huge saltwater tank.. they are just so expensive!

i had great luck with discus, just the wilds i couldnt keep alive no matter how many parsite treatments i did. which i was in love with the wilds so i kept trying and tryin, and at 70$ an adult i had to give up eventually after a few.

and the bigger the tank, i find the cheaper they are to maintain. somehow...lol. i guess cause im buying thigns in bulk. getting started always is expensive though.

silvermoon wrote:
I love your discus! They are (were?) so beautiful. Your saltwater aquaria are also very nicely done. Salt tanks are too much work for us to maintain.

We have a 55 gallon fresh with 5 clown loaches and a fire eel. We were considering discus but they prefer calm water and we need to ideally set up a river or fast current tank for the loaches. (My husband wants a 300 gallon, I'm trying to convince him to gradually step up to that point!)

Fish can be a lot like rabbits: they stay contained (I know for rabbits this is not ideal) but they are very picky about their environment and diet, and they are not always affectionate in an obvious way. Loaches and eels are very delicate but they have some of the best and most interesting personalities for fish. They recognize us and 'dance' when it is time for food :D

their with a friend now so i still get pictures of them. they were my pride and joy. but 300$ was something i needed more atm.

i did a 12" fire eel, about 30 kuhliis that bred, female bettas, platies, bristlenose, and an angelfish with my discus. fire eel did amazing with them. clown loaches are fine with discus too...and discus dont require fast water. i had plants so had two powerheads in there and they did just fine

i had an angelfish who would follow me back and forth along the tank and kiss my finger and swam into my hand and lemme pet him. fish are A LOT like rabbits!

Dragonrain wrote:
Wow amazing fish tanks! I always wanted to try a salt water tank but never did. I had a few nice fresh water tanks set up in college but now I'm down to just a goldfish that my brother didn't want anymore, a betta, and a couple of aquatic frogs.
i started with fresh and fell into salt and never got out of it. goldfish are grea :) mine just died...per my fault but hes in happy fishy heaven

I was gone for a moment...stuff going on..blah.

Sebille has started going to work with me on the weekends, he LOVES the attention...slept in my lap he was so tired by the end of the day sunday.

Mimzy has started becoming her old self...loving. Fallow follows me around like a puppy who thinks i have a treat and loves on me whenever he can

charlee has a fever of 103f right now. shes sleepin but feeling better i hope

i watched 4 seasons of greys anatomy. :)
i met a boy
the boy paid for my movie ticket!! ((a first for me)) we saw legion. hmmm.
the boy is afraid of the buns. LMFAO

im exhausted right now...i dont really miss the forum...but i miss those few people on here i am friends with

Thats funny, i had to giggle!....he's afraid of your bunnies. That was nice he paid for your ticket at the movie though. :)

I hope Charlee feels better soon. :purplepansy:

weeeelll, last night Sebi went to a rabbit thing for my work i had to go to where they talked about nutrition and showing.

charlee's fever came back a bit yesterday morning but not nearly as high, and so shes been ok.

thanks becka, too :)
Sebille was a sweetheart as little kids loved on him. he slept in my lap most of the time. wish i had brought the giants though.

Charlee's fever lasted till Sunday. I was feeling horrible, too. So we slept all day :) We cuddled and it was nice.

Saturday night I met the boy's family. I LOVE them! His sister turned 12 yesterday and wanted me to come to the birthday party...so...it was his parents and brothers and sister who ive met, but also his grandparents who are very religious and his brothers gf/baby mama girlie. SO awkward...but it was nice. i fit. charlee came to and she LOVED all the attention. his mom loved her. :)

Fallow refuses to be locked up in the cage ever. So him and Mimzy just don't even get caged anymore unless I'm cleaning.

Sebi is getting so big!!! heres him tranced
1264991400.jpg

heres Fallow and Mimzy...they make a heart :)
1264991394.jpg

Yeah where's the pictures?? We wanna see rabbits!! Glad to hear your daughter is finally feeling better.

That is funny that your new guy is afraid of rabbits!:biggrin2: Is he not afraid of the dog? It's always great when you get along with his family! Hope it works out, you deserve to be happy!

mmmk so pics...i moved them and now that post wont lemme edit it.

so Sebi
1264991400.jpg

Mimzy and Fallow
1264991394.jpg

my friends had a bad time with her bf she just left, but she is also pregnant and so giving it time. she called me one night and we moved all her stuff outta the apartment...and then she started crying so i brought her all the cards he had gotten her-that said how sorry he was after every fight-and we shredded them..i think its pretty
1264991397.jpg

my sickly kitty ): hyperactive thyroid. shes started meds but then vet said to stop cause she was vomiting and loosin weight like crazy...he said right now the hair loss seems to be the only thing wrong with her right now and she is healthy otherwise...so for now she's ok, just kinda naked :)
1265222065.jpg

and the boy is great :) he has fallen for Sebille, but still doesn't like the big bunnys. i told him they might get jealous and attack him!!! :biggrin2: he has dogs so he likes daisy and rough houses with her and he tries to be friendly with my cat...but she just hates people lol

Latest posts

Back