MeatHead's Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're great! :great:

Nice and colorful.

Of course my favorite ones are the ones of SweetPea/Meathead.

-Carolyn

Here are some new pics of MeatHead today.

This is the dog house that belonged to dad's dog Zak who passed away inJune. I took it so MeatHead can have something else to play with. Heabsolutly love it. You can find them in the pet section at Wal-Mart.

I'm gonna call him Michael, because I can'tbring myself to calling him Meathead. It reminds me of Archie Bunkercalling Gloria's husband Meathead, and it was such an insult. I hopeyou don't mind. Since "Meathead's" name was really, Michael, thenthat's my 'pet name for him' from now on, Angel, 'kay? :)

Michael looks GORGEOUS in that bunny home. I'm sure Zak is glad it's being put to good use.

I hope things are going well and Michael's poop doesn't stink anymore - like any of ours don't. :wink:

-Carolyn

Not a prob Carolyn you can call him Micheal orSweetPea. Well I found the problem. His poop still stink but whatcaused the smell to be bad was I used an old cage pan that was removedout of Abby's cage when she was just a lil bun and I put the wirebottom on top of it as well. Cause I hate smelly feets on buns. Sincethe litter pan is not deep at all and his urine and cc poops falls overthe side onto the coroplast. Me know realizing that and all thatsitting there.

So I pulled everything out of his cage and pulled his cage away fromthe walls so I can sweep all of his molted furs up since hubby'sallergies are bad. That is where the smell came from. Now I reused thecat litter pan that I had for him when he was a bub and the smell isall gone. I only smell his poop when he poops it out then in a few minsit pretty much goes away.

Sooo glad to hear it,Angel!!!

Good Investigativework!

-Carolyn

So glad youfigured outMeathead/Sweetpea/Michael's problem! I'm just now seeing all of this. Things havebeen a little crazy around my house lately and I've just popped in andout of the forum, only seeing a few threads. Carolyn told me about yourproblem last night and I was so worried about your bunny. I'm reallyglad you figured it allout!

Raspberry

Aww thank you Razz. How is SLG and I sure loveher costume with that blood shot eye. That caugh sure came in handy forthe scariest costume but not fun going through them nasty caughs. Iknow what she was going through my mom had it this Jan and just go ridof it over the summer. She gets one of the choking spells ontop of it.

Thank you Carolyn. Mike is nothing but trouble bubble. I had to cleanhis litter pan out and fix his lock. I redid his lock because I usedbigger zip ties to hold it in and when you use the latch you got tofight with it. Also he can wiggle the door hard enough to get the latchopen but cant get out though. so I got smaller zip ties and mad thelock tighter too. Well I would not let him out and he kept trying toget out. I put his keys, slinky, and ball back. He got mad and startedto throw his keys around and tried to get rid of the slinky. I made himmadder cause I rehung his slinky so he can play with it more. Oh watchout he tried getting it down and gave me that evil look.ugh

Michael sure has a mind of his own, doesn'the? When he decides something must be a certain way, God helpanyone who steps in his way.

What a little sweetheart. He's got such a strong spirit!

I got a kick out of that story. Thanks, Angel. :)

-Carolyn

W:shock:W, he definitely knows what hewants doesn't he? What a little temper. I'm sorry but I think bunnytantrums are just the cutest. Glad you got everything worked outAngel.

Tina

Me too Tina. But the other thing that is drivingus crazy is that he loves to wait until we let him out to leave a wholeload of coco puffs in front of our door in the bedroom. The litter panis right next to it. ugh. So I know to look before I enter but my dummyhubby dont so what happens. He steps in it and gets temper tantrumsabout it. lol

I'd rather step on cocoa puffs thanceacls or a puddle of pee. Oh hey you can tell that to DJ and maybe hewon't complain about the cocoa puffs anymore.:wink:

Tina

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
So I know to look before I enter but my dummy hubby dont sowhat happens. He steps in it and gets temper tantrums about it.lol

So who's the stupid one??? Not Michael!
You're husband: sometimes I wantajust....

God, he'll have a heart attack when something big happens.

Tell him not to sweat the small stuff, then go say a prayer for patience.

-Carolyn

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
Me too Tina. But the other thing that is driving us crazy isthat he loves to wait until we let him out to leave a whole load ofcoco puffs in front of our door in the bedroom. The litter pan is rightnext to it. ugh. So I know to look before I enter but my dummy hubbydont so what happens. He steps in it and gets temper tantrums about it.lol
OH that's an easy one, Angel -- see you and DJ are sleeping in "his"room. Why does he think it is his room? It's justone of those bunny things we will never fully understand.;)

lol yeah

Oh I just had him out for an hour and half. Just before he was due backin his pen I gently put his body under my legs while my knees are onthe floor kinda like when you are tickling your kids. He actually didnot feel scared much and he let me pet him longer. While I was pettinghim I gently put both of my hands under his front legs and picked himup. He moved a bit then I craddled him like a baby. Believe it or nothe actually stayed in my arms for 5 mins without moving. He is startingto be more comfortable.

While he was out my hubby came into the room to see if everything wasfine. He actually looked down on the floor before he walked in. He saidto me wow what a big poop there is and started to laugh. So he isgetting better too. I think I trained him better too. lol :p

Latest posts

Back