King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kirbyultra wrote:
Whenever I start to get worried out of my mind and frustrated with myself, I end up doing "things" to busy myself and take my mind off... I've recently taken up baking.

I have 2 really lovely loaves of cream cheese pumpkin bread in my kitchen now, and a house that smells of Thanksgiving. On Sunday I made red velvet cupcakes. Tomorrow I'm making a pumpkin pie to bring to the Thanksgiving table. I love baking, but then once I savor the goodness and it's gone, the worries come back :(

I'll be watching the mail for goodies if I can't have a Kirby visit!!! :p

myheart

LOL - mail order pumpkin pies anyone?

I went through a lot of pumpkin this week, I must say! Between the pumpkin bread, the pumpkin pies and Kirby's gas attack this morning, I'd say thank goodness I went to the market and hoarded cans of pumpkin since Libby's announced a possible shortage...

Like all parents' favorite first children, Kirby went and got a little gassy on a major holiday and scared the wits out of me. He is doing much better now. It pains me to have to leave my bunnies when Kirby is like this. He looks a lot better but I don't know if it's something going on that caused this episode. I'll be taking him to the vet when I come back. I return Sunday. It's a short trip, thankfully!

I am thankful for: family, bunnies, health, love, and canned pumpkin.

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving?

:dutch

I've gotten my bunny-sitting document all together for my brother. Updated it with Toby's almost-adult diet, Kirby's health checks, and Rabbit Nation playtime rituals! It's 7 pages long, chock full of info :)

I am really nervous about leaving them... Toby and I are just getting to be lovey dovey (hee hee) and Kirby's not quite 100% himself. I'll be back Sunday night. I'll have my Kirbykam and Tobycam watching them at least. Too bad there are roaming charges in Toronto or I'd be eyeing them all day. I have wifi in the hotel so I can check them there. :)

I really hope everybun will be ok while mom's away. I better get some sleep. It's gonna be an early morning flight for me! I may check in over the weekend. Otherwise have a good one!

Happy Black Friday, deal-shoppers!;)

Hee hee, Kirby looks so fluffy on Kirbykam.

video.jpg

It's great to know you can keep an eye on him. I bet that really puts you at ease!

Happy to see little Kirby is still doing well. :)

It calms my nerves when I see Kirby and Toby on the webcams. They're my sanity anchors :) Kirby has been sitting around/walking around his play pen so he doesn't look in pain. He is on high alert because mom and dad are gone and their uncle is filling in. He ate all his food and even got excited when he was being served pellets. Hooray!

Poor Toby has the door open but he hasn't worked up the courage to leave his home with a stranger in the rabbit nation. Silly rabbit :) He's been lounging around all night, standing by the door wondering if he should venture out.

I called the vet's this morning. Made an appt for Monday. Hope they behave and stay well. Until tomorrow that's all the updates I have. :)

November 30, 2009 - The Return of the Slaves

I'm back and the buns' lives are normal again. I saw them through the webcams and felt so bad. Kirby and Toby didn't want to go out and play the first couple of days I was gone. Then on Sunday they went out to play a bit.

When I came back Kirby was scared, didn't recognize it was me, and ran for the hills. I started to talk to him and pet him, then he realized it was me and pancaked :) Silly bunny. Didn't recognize mommy! He sounds much better in the tummy and is eating well.

Toby knew it was me right away and hopped right over for some attention while I was petting Kirby. He tried to stick his nose through the bars. How could I resist such a face. I went over to shower him with kisses and hugs right away. He flattened for me too. He was very happy and hopped all over the place yesterday and this morning when I let him out too.

My good boys... :) :) :)

We got a Christmas tree last night. Toby has never seen a tree before I don't think. He was deeply intrigued by the thing and stared at it for hours, never stopping his nose. It was hysterical watching him hop out to the living room and seeing him freeze in mid step, completely in awe of the funny smelling tree. He hopped around, then settled on a spot on the couch and watched it all night.

He's so cute! It's not even decorated yet!

Tonight is Kirby's turn. Didn't have enough time to let him out last night.

Aw his reaction sounds so cute! Did you get a real tree? We have a fake one and have had it up since Nov. 1st! I miss the smell of a real one. They have these little $10 real pine trees in at Shoprite and I think I'm going to get one of those just for the smell. Hopefully I can keep it alive too.

How come you give your buns Lettuce? I thought it was bad for them? Void of nutrition and made primarily of water? (Your bunnies are adorable by the way!)

l.lai wrote:
How come you give your buns Lettuce? I thought it was bad for them? Void of nutrition and made primarily of water? (Your bunnies are adorable by the way!)
that's only iceberg lettuce. Many other types of lettuce are fine to give and do provide nutritional value, such as romaine, green, and red lettuce.

Dragonrain wrote:
Aw his reaction sounds so cute! Did you get a real tree? We have a fake one and have had it up since Nov. 1st! I miss the smell of a real one. They have these little $10 real pine trees in at Shoprite and I think I'm going to get one of those just for the smell. Hopefully I can keep it alive too.
yup! I got a $10 real tree off the street. It's small but it's huge from their point of view :) Kirby loved playing around it too! He sniffed it bigtime but didn't work up the courage to bite or lick the branches lol

December 4, 2009 - Like mom, like furbaby

Ok, so I gotta just explain... I look like crap because I've been working long hours all week, last weekend,and gotta work this weekend. The apartment is literally a mess. I was lying down on the couch dealing with some legal matters on my laptop. I didn't know Toby was sitting there... and I guess husbun saw an opportunity and took it.

Ugh. My god. It's funny, but I'm not sure if I should necessarily be laughing!!:shock::grumpy:

P1050061.jpg

Latest posts

Back