I can't decide

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
I don'teven want to kiss my rabbit. too furry. Anyway I had that rabbit for 2months. It's a lot of time with it aready. And do rabbit sleep withtheir eyes open?
sounds to me like you dont want anything to dowith this rabbit...i really think you should rehome him
but whatwill happen to the rabbit if the shelter can't find it a home?

but what will happen to the rabbit if the shelter can't find it a home?
you could list him in the rescue section here...im sure there areseveral people on this forum who would take him!!! there are 39 membersin new york! i would take him, but i dont know how to get himfrom new york to north carolina:?

I have just found this thread and i JUST CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!

You obviously arent a 'pet' person, so why do you keep getting pets? Is it because all your friends have pets?

I think you should find a LOVING home for this gorgeous bunny anddefinetly not get another rabbit. You cant just get rid ofsomething because it turned ugly. It couldnt of turned uglyover night anyway.

I am suprised your parents think this way too, a fully grown adult?!

Please dont get another rabbit, you are the reason why there are so many animals out there in shelters.

I'm not sure what i'm going to do now. All I learned from this forum is to

litter train my rabbit which I think he already knows becuz I justbought a litter pan today. And he actually know to use it besides doingit on the floor.

I also noticed that I have to leave my rabbit out of the cage. Which Itried today and he started to move like after 30 minutes since I let itout.

And I learned that my rabbit like to eat paper. Not sure if its a goodthing or not. Oh yea, do I need to cut my rabbits nail?incase it breaks or hurt himself.

Oh yea one question. Can rabbits see in the dark?

Linz_1987 wrote:
I have just found this thread and i JUST CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!

You obviously arent a 'pet' person, so why do you keep getting pets? Is it because all your friends have pets?

I think you should find a LOVING home for this gorgeous bunny anddefinetly not get another rabbit. You cant just get rid ofsomething because it turned ugly. It couldnt of turned uglyover night anyway.

I am suprised your parents think this way too, a fully grown adult?!

Please dont get another rabbit, you are the reason why there are so many animals out there in shelters.
I only have it because... Well ever since I was little I'malways home alone. So when I was around 5th grade I had tuttles andthen around 7th I got hamsters. But becuz they are soo small thereisn't anything I can do with it besides look at it. So I decided to geta bigger pet. And then I notice petland also sells rabbit. So I got arabbit.

Hi. I'm new to this site and I haven't read thruall of the posts on this topic so forgive me if I'm repeating someoneelse's advise.

Have you had your rabbit spayed/neutered by a rabbit-savvy vet? If not, this would probably help the "not so nice" behavior.

As far as getting two cages, they sell these "pens" that aren't verymuch $$ and you can configure it initially so that each rabbit has it'sown space. Once they've bonded, you can create one large space for thetwo of them to share.

If you do decide to get a 2nd bunny, please adopt from your local HRS.They foster their buns in homes so you'll know in advance what thepersonality of the bun is. They will probably also assist you inbonding the two rabbits. Don't ever leave 2 unbonded rabbitstogether...this is extremely dangerous.

Good luck!

magicapple..in that picture your bunny issitting in a purple container...is that his cage? if it is, then ithink your rabbit would be happier in a bigger cage..they like cageswith different levels that they can jump around on... you could trygetting some NIC cubes and build and design his cage however you want:)

peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple..in that picture your bunny is sitting in apurple container...is that his cage? if it is, then i think your rabbitwould be happier in a bigger cage..they like cages with differentlevels that they can jump around on... you could try getting some NICcubes and build and design his cage however you want:)
I'm verybad at building things. I'll just let it out more. I put a blanket onthe floor and all it does is stay on the blanket. So I guess i'm finewith leaving it on the floor. My mother suggested I leave the rabbitout and not put it back in the cage since it knows where to pee and ...

mybunnywinnie wrote:
Hi. I'm new to this site and I haven't read thru all of theposts on this topic so forgive me if I'm repeating someone else'sadvise.

Have you had your rabbit spayed/neutered by a rabbit-savvy vet? If not, this would probably help the "not so nice" behavior.

As far as getting two cages, they sell these "pens" that aren't verymuch $$ and you can configure it initially so that each rabbit has it'sown space. Once they've bonded, you can create one large space for thetwo of them to share.

If you do decide to get a 2nd bunny, please adopt from your local HRS.They foster their buns in homes so you'll know in advance what thepersonality of the bun is. They will probably also assist you inbonding the two rabbits. Don't ever leave 2 unbonded rabbitstogether...this is extremely dangerous.

Good luck!
its okay. I decided to just have one rabbit. and I don't like the idea of neutering a rabbit. It's just werid...

I'm 98% positive this person is nothing more than a troll. :?

But just in case...

Take the "ugly" rabbit to the nearest shelter. Do it today,and while you're at it? Take the hamsters too. Apathetic little twit like you doesn't deserve to know the joy of owninganimals. The rabbit and the hamsters are better off at theshelter; heck they're better off dead then living with you andyour ignorant excuses for parents.

And even though you're nothing more than a slimey little troll...I still feel better getting that off my chest. *L*

I know how you feel! I got rather upset reading this post, and what this post is worth!

I am sick of this post!Give it a rest and take your GORGEOUS bunny to a shelter for god sake.

In some cases a bunnie not neutered/spayed can be life threatening. But what do you care?

magicapple wrote:
. and I don't like the idea of neutering a rabbit. It's justwerid...
not neutering your rabbit could cause serious healthproblems...and it can shorten their life..he could get cancer or otherserious things like that.....i really think you should saveyour money,find a good vet that knows about rabbits and get himneutered...if you've decided to keep him that is...

magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple..in that picture your bunny is sitting in apurple container...is that his cage? if it is, then i think your rabbitwould be happier in a bigger cage..they like cages with differentlevels that they can jump around on... you could try getting some NICcubes and build and design his cage however you want:)
I'm verybad at building things. I'll just let it out more. I put a blanket onthe floor and all it does is stay on the blanket. So I guess i'm finewith leaving it on the floor. My mother suggested I leave the rabbitout and not put it back in the cage since it knows where to pee and...
you dont actually have to build it..they are square metal panels, and all you have to do is connect them together with a ziptie

wholecage.jpg

ps..magicapple im sending you a PM

peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
I'm verybad at building things. I'll just let it out more. I put a blanket onthe floor and all it does is stay on the blanket. So I guess i'm finewith leaving it on the floor. My mother suggested I leave the rabbitout and not put it back in the cage since it knows where to pee and...
you dont actually have to build it..they are square metal panels, and all you have to do is connect them together with a ziptie

wholecage.jpg

ps..magicapple im sending you a PM
Is that one big cage or 2 cages? And I only have one rabbit. I don't need to neuter it unless I get another one.

magicapple wrote:
Is that one big cage or 2 cages? And I only have one rabbit.I don't need to neuter it unless I get another one.
when i took that picture it was two cages because they werent bondedyet..but now i took the divider out of the middle and its one big cageagain...

and i still STRONGLY recommend you get him neutered...even if you dontget another bunny there is a big risk of him getting cancer:(

peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
Is thatone big cage or 2 cages? And I only have one rabbit. I don't need toneuter it unless I get another one.
when i took that picture it was two cages because they werent bondedyet..but now i took the divider out of the middle and its one big cageagain...

and i still STRONGLY recommend you get him neutered...even if you dontget another bunny there is a big risk of him getting cancer:(
Where am I suppose to find a vet?

im pretty sure there is a list of vetsin therabbit savy vets sectionor somewhere...i'lltry to find it if i can

getting him neutered willdefinately be worth it! itmight make him a little nicer (calm him down some) just makesure you find a vet that has alot of experience with rabbits!!

ive been saving my money forever to get peapoo spayed..ive still got along way to go...our vet charges $300!!! but i dont hink it will costthat much for you to get him neutered...i think it costs less to get aboy neutered than a female spayed anyway:dunno

sent you another PM

here is some info on vets in NY

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11622&forum_id=9

i know you guys want the best for this bunny,and thats why your a little upset...but ive been talking to magicappleand i think she is really trying to spend more time with her bunny...itmay not seem like it, but i think she is really trying...she said shewent and bought treats etc.. and has been letting him out to run aroundand stuff..so i think we should be helping her learn more about herrabbit instead of calling her a troll;)

i dont see it tho.

when i was 14 i had rats, guine pigs, and MONITOR LIZARDS (huge lizards)

and i knew how to care for them. i was responsible enough to research,and i would never ever ever even thought about doing what she wrote.

i have alot more i would like to say, but im just going to leave it at that.

Latest posts

Back