I can't decide

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they don't hurt, they're probably just love nips! :) Pepsi always does her little "lovey" nips when I'm petting her.

Rabbits tend to be move active at early mornings and at dusk. Maybe tryto get him out at around 8-9 to see if he'll be more active? The bestway to get your parents to change their minds about owning a rabbit, isto have them around it and see how wonderful they are :).

Your doing a great job! Just keep up what your doing, and maybe in theyears time you might have decided ones enough work for you, or youmight want another one. If you jump into a decission without thinkingabit it over time, even if you know your sure, you might regret it.

magicapple wrote::bunny19But I still want a 2nd rabbit. Probably going toget it next year when my rabbit learns how to live outside the cage andnot cause troble. wonder how long that will take:eek:hwelleveryone istelling me to be patience. I'll just give it time.

yeah it will definately take alot of time! ive had peapoo since lastoctober and she still hasnt learned to stay out of trouble...today bothof them tore big chunks of the carpet in my room up!!!:shock:...i toldmy parents and they said it was ok because we're taking it upanyways...

im glad your spending time with your bunny! hopefully soon you two willstart to form a friendship:D..and i hope your parents start to like himmore and more to!!!;)...my mom loves our bunnies now, but im stillworking on dad;)

yeah when i got Ryo (she was an emergancyrescue) i didnt want her. but kept her trying to rehome her, and ithought she was a pain in the rear, but i soon fell in love with herand now she pretty well runs my life.

maybe I should't post but this person is makingme mad. Why did she buy the rabbit if she doesn't like it!! And thereis NOOO breed called a NORMAL LOP... Theres holland, french, english,velveteen, mini, and holland. And all lops are different. One hollandlop will have the nicest attitude ever while another wont let you touchher! Its the same with every breed of rabbit, it just depends on whichone you buy! And giving the rabbit you dont want to petco is a horriblething to do because Petco doesn't take care of their animals properly.Ever look at the fish section! All DEAD!! Come on your going to trustthem with your rabbit that you bought because something appealed toyou! At least try and find a loving family to take it... And if youcould even find a breeder willing to take it and find it a home (manydo to save the mixes and strays) it would get rid of your problems butthen I suggest you do NOT get another rabbit afterwards!

bunnylover78642 wrote:
maybe I should't post but this person is making me mad. Whydid she buy the rabbit if she doesn't like it!! And there is NOOO breedcalled a NORMAL LOP... Theres holland, french, english, velveteen,mini, and holland. And all lops are different. One holland lop willhave the nicest attitude ever while another wont let you touch her! Itsthe same with every breed of rabbit, it just depends on which one youbuy! And giving the rabbit you dont want to petco is a horrible thingto do because Petco doesn't take care of their animals properly. Everlook at the fish section! All DEAD!! Come on your going to trust themwith your rabbit that you bought because something appealed to you! Atleast try and find a loving family to take it... And if you could evenfind a breeder willing to take it and find it a home (many do to savethe mixes and strays) it would get rid of your problems but then Isuggest you do NOT get another rabbit afterwards!
shehas decided to keep her rabbit now...and she says she has been spendingtime and playing with it..and shes bought a bunch of stuff forhim..:dunno

I felt like everyone else did, but I've decidedto bite my tonuge and help out as best as you can. If she has aquestion, I'm willing to help her out and give her as much resources aspossible instead of posting the same negative opinion over and overagain.. Can we please just try to help her? She has said she's decidedto keep the rabbit and bond with it, and wait to decide if she wantsanother one.

I don't think magicapple is here to get attention.. I really don'tbecause she's been doing her research and asking questions. Can weplease just try to help? I know you might think it's wrong, but sheknows that people don't agree with her keeping the rabbit ect.

aww thx you guys.:laugh:And srry for botheringyou all soo much, asking so much questions on this forum and on theother ones. :imsorryI'll try to learn more about rabbits. AndI think someone told me my lop was a french lop. The petstore didn'ttell me thats why I got confussed with lops. I thought there was only 3lops, mini and lop and dwarf lop. And the pet story lady who took careof my rabbit before I got it said he loved to be picked up. And she washolding him and hugging him and kissing him. That's why I thoughtrabbits liked to be picked up and hugged.

Don't be sorry about asking questions, the morethe better! The more you understand, the better! If you have anythingyou don't know about, just post it and I'm sure we can find you ananswer :)

Please ask as many questions as you want, itswhat were all here for:)- sharing our knowledge to improvethe lives of bunnies and their owners. I asked a zillion questions whenI first got here:D

oh yeah i asked tons of questions too.

not only was i a new rabbit owner who didnt do any research (she was anemergancy rescue remember) but a few days after getting her she had gistasis, and i had NO rabbit vet, so had to take care of it myself.

I know that this discussion moved past Petlandlong ago, but I still had to express how much I hate that place. I wentin there to see the puppies (not a good idea because it just causesheartbreak from the way they're being treated) and I asked to hold alittle Yorkie. It was wet, cold, and practically shaking to death! (Itwas also very, very tiny and was waaay to young to be sold.) When Iasked them about it, they said all small dogs shake because that's justthe way they are...? :mad:All Petland does is tell lies and I wouldfeel so bad to do that to people and pets. I refuse to go in that storeanymore because it just makes me want to cry...it is just so sad.:cry2How do people do this to animals? I just hate pet stores. I shouldprobably stop now before I start taking about pet mills...

Aww hontoni kawaii usagi da yo! Hes so cute I dont understand whats suposed to be ugly about him..His little white nose and the nice brown fur. If your bunny is a french lop it will get huge. I read french lops will be like little puppies when they grow up.

About the rabbit being mean: I had lots of rabbits that came from bad places and they all werent easy in the beginning. I spent days crawling on the floor trying to get those buns tame. With a lot of effort all buns can turn out fine. If he scratches you when you try to grab him maybe you grab him wrong..how do you pick him up? Is he holding still when you have him sitting on your legs or something?

Btw. my young bun bites me too, but not in a bad way..he does it when he wants attention. Its not hard biting its just nibs..they are not meant to be mean and usually barely hurt.

Sorry to say that but please give that bunny to someone who acutally will love him and give him a loving home without writing in forums that hes so ugly and not as cute as he could be. dont get another rabbit I dont think you are grown up enough to own a pet and actually take care of.

But if you do decide to keep it, make it a better world for him to live in:

Most bunnies dont like to be picked up and most bunnies get agressive when the only time they get to spend outside of their cage is when you try to pick them up and hug them and squeeze them or whatever.

bunnies like to always have contact to the floor as its there nature to always be able to run away in case something scares them. they flee whenever there is something loud or whenever there is something that could do them harm. thats why they most likely dont like to be picked up like a cat and carried around. they start to wriggle around and scratch, not intentionally because they wanna hurt you, but because the bunny wants to be set back on the floor.

to own a pet means to start caring for it and find out about its needs. a bunny needs enough space to run around and play so it doesnt become agressive. a bunny needs somebody who tollerates their likes, and dislikes. and a bunny needs somebody who accepts the cage as the terretory of the bunny. if you want it to come out open the door and let it hop out. many rabbits get agressive when you just grab them out of the cage. first off because you are much bigger than he is and grab from up above like a eagle would grab a bunny with its claws, second because you enter its territory and make him leave it unattended!

and forget about petstores, they know mostly nothing. they just sell "products" and tell you whatever you wanna hear just to sell something. if you want a certain breed you gotta find breeders.

and a second bunny is no bad idea at all, bunnis love companionship and shouldnt be alone at all. in nature they live togehter in big groups. they tend to get agressive when there is nobody around them that speaks their "language" like another bunny could. besides you can go play with friends and stuff longer knowingly that you bunny ist not all by itself dieing of boredom.

nose_twitch wrote:
Is there an emoticon that expresses heartbreak? :bigtears:

I guess that's as close as it gets. :(
Here are a few:

32782211.gif
32742392.gif

32615965.gif
32520823.gif

I'm glad that magicapple has continued to come back and has attempted some of the things people have suggested here. Peapoo bunny's mom, you are to be commended for spending extra time in communicating with this young lady and helping her see how important it is to care for this life she has taken into her home.

Although I have been as angry as any here at reading about the callous treatment of this rabbit, I have hope now that this person, in finding the great wealth of knowledge in our boards, will take the time to bond with "rabbit" (does he have a name yet?) and do right by him.

Latest posts

Back