I can't decide

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manda wrote:
i dont see it tho.

when i was 14 i had rats, guine pigs, and MONITOR LIZARDS (huge lizards)

and i knew how to care for them. i was responsible enough to research,and i would never ever ever even thought about doing what she wrote.

i have alot more i would like to say, but im just going to leave it at that.
i can understand why you feel like that...i felt likethat when i first read it to.. but she is doing her research now:dunno

Hi! I think you should really think about yoursituation. I don't think a rabbits personality fits yours. Both you andyour rabbit are probably miserable in this situation and it's not fairfor both of you. I think you should take this big guy to a shelter tobe adopted to someone with a personality better suited for rabbits. Notall people are bunny people. There might be another animal out therethat might work better with your personality? I don't think rabbits arethe best pet choice, from my point of view for you.

Any rabbit, this one or if you do decide to get a cute holland lop(they can be vicious too) will bite and scratch you, so you have toexpect this. I have scratches along my hands and arms from kicks frommy Rabbits and a few scars of bad rabbit bites, but I just bite mytongue and be more careful about where their moth and my hands are thenext time :). Rabbits are far from cuddly pets most times, and somepeople are disapointed when they figure this out.

Are you determined to get this rabbit comfortable with you? If you do,I have a few suggestions for you. His naughty personalitymight be from hormones, so maybe talk it over with your parents to seeif you could look into getting him netuered? It will make him a moreenjoyable pet and calmer. You also have to prepare yourself to be bit,to be scratched and you'll just have to deal with it. It might hurt,but it only does for a moment buy if you create a trusting bond and I'msure you will with a little patience, it's worth it in the end :).

Try sitting on the floor with the rabbit and just see what itwill do. Try sitting as hunched over and less scarey as possible. Thescratching might be from a nervous rabbit, so if you apear harmlessthis rabbit might actually turn out to be friendly. Talk calmly to him,and see if he'll come up to you. If he does, don't flintch or anythingjust sit there. If he stays long ernough, see if you can pet him. A fewof these sessions, maybe a few treats will create a bond very quickly.

I've gotten many bad scratches and lots of bad bites, but it's normal,comes with owning a rabbit.Every rabbit can have it's baddays and every rabbit can and probably will bite and scratch at onetime or another :). You just can't take it personally, because it's notthe rabbits fault it bites or kicks, it just does it naturally whenit's scared ect.

So what do you feel is best? No one but yourself knows if you shouldtake the time to spend time with the rabbit, or give it away althoughsome people have a strong opinion that yuo should give it away. I thinkit is best you should rehome this big guy, only if you do not want totake the time to see if you can bond with this guy.

Hope you take the time to read my post thoroughly, it might help you. Ifind him very handsome, not at all ugly :). Try to look past theappearance, past the scratching, you might find a loveable, caring,rabbit underneath :)

Hope I helped!

Hi magicapple,

I have one of the "big ugly" type rabbits and also a "small cute" oneand let me tell you, my big rabbit is a hell of a lot friendlier thanthe holland lop one.

Here is the "big ugly sort of rabbit" that you don't seem to like much:
DSC04316.jpg

DSC04210.jpg

DSC04363.jpg

Personally, if I were your rabbit, I wouldn't like you much either.

Awww! Miniops! That "Big and ugly" rabbit isbeautiful and lovely! Who ever called it big andugly?:shock:She has the same head structure as my lionhead. I callher my little pony :).

Lol, just about everyone who meets her goes "ugh!
she's not as cute as your holland" then 20 minutes l
ater they are all in awe of her wonderfull personality.
I think she is a similar breed to what magicapple has.

She is also about 29 days pregnant at the moment
(getting de-sexed when this litter is weened) and
looking as fat as a house! When I look down on her
she looks as if she has swallowed a bowling ball.

She came to me under similar circumstances as what
magicapple is going through, a young girl didn't like
her looks so gave her to me.

Here she is as a little 'un:

5.jpg

2.jpg

peapoo_bunny wrote:
i thought bunnies and rabbits are the same thing arentthey?...whats the difference?
rabbits are older. Like forhumans. your a girl then when your older yours a women. For cats whenyour young your a kitten and when your older your a cat. and same goesfor puppy and dogs. club and bears. calf andcow. soon....

magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
ithought bunnies and rabbits are the same thing arent they?...whats thedifference?
rabbits are older. Like for humans. your a girl thenwhen your older yours a women. For cats when your young your a kittenand when your older your a cat. and same goes for puppy and dogs. cluband bears. calf andcow. soon....
oh...well..on here we usually say eitherone...so its pretty much the same thing here..even if it does mean twodifferent things;)

minilops wrote:
Lol, just about everyone who meets her goes "ugh!
she's not as cute as your holland" then 20 minutes l
ater they are all in awe of her wonderfull personality.
I think she is a similar breed to what magicapple has.

She is also about 29 days pregnant at the moment
(getting de-sexed when this litter is weened) and
looking as fat as a house! When I look down on her
she looks as if she has swallowed a bowling ball.

She came to me under similar circumstances as what
magicapple is going through, a young girl didn't like
her looks so gave her to me.

Here she is as a little 'un:

5.jpg

2.jpg
your rabbit is still cuter than mines. And I notice that myrabbit is kinda nice. I don't socailize with it much since I have it.But today I started to really socialize with it and it was pretty easy.My rabbit seemed ncie and clam. All it did was put it's head near meand poop around me. Anyway at least it didn't pee that would be harderto clean. And all my friends call my rabbit huge or ugly and they aretoo scare to play with my rabbit so anyway they will probably neverlike my rabbit.

magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
ithought bunnies and rabbits are the same thing arent they?...whats thedifference?
rabbits are older. Like for humans. your a girl thenwhen your older yours a women. For cats when your young your a kittenand when your older your a cat. and same goes for puppy and dogs. cluband bears. calf andcow. so on....
Actually, baby rabbits are called kits. Bunny is slang for rabbit. That's why you're confusing Peapoo.;)

And no rabbit looks like a baby forever, even the dwarfbreeds. If you think your lop is ugly, you'd think my dwarfhotots are ugly too. If you want a rabbit that stays like ababy forever, you need to get a stuffed animal instead.

magicapplewrote:
Your rabbit is still cuter thanmines. And I notice that my rabbit is kinda nice. I don't socailizewith it much since I have it. But today I started to really socializewith it and it was pretty easy. My rabbit seemed ncie and clam. All itdid was put it's head near me and poop around me. Anyway at least itdidn't pee that would be harder to clean. And all my friends call myrabbit huge or ugly and they are too scare to play with my rabbit soanyway they will probably never like my rabbit.
It sounds like your rabbit is asking to be petted and is claiming youor the territory around you. Really, nothing you've saidabout your rabbit makes it sound mean. You just need to learnhow to read it's body language.

Oh, and urine really isn't that hard to clean up, if you clean it rightaway. All it takes is paper towels and plain white vinegar.

magicapple wrote:

your rabbit is still cuter than mines. And I notice that my rabbit iskinda nice. I don't socailize with it much since I have it. But today Istarted to really socialize with it and it was pretty easy. My rabbitseemed ncie and clam. All it did was put it's head near me and pooparound me. Anyway at least it didn't pee that would be harder to clean.And all my friends call my rabbit huge or ugly and they are too scareto play with my rabbit so anyway they will probably never like myrabbit.

im glad that you are spending time with your bunny..and that you foundout that he is nice and calm!!! and as long as you like your bunny whocares what your friends think? my friends think im crazy because ispend so much time with mine

naturestee wrote:
magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
rabbits are older. Like for humans. your a girl thenwhen your older yours a women. For cats when your young your a kittenand when your older your a cat. and same goes for puppy and dogs. cluband bears. calf andcow. so on....
Actually, baby rabbits are called kits. Bunny is slang for rabbit. That's why you're confusing Peapoo.;)

And no rabbit looks like a baby forever, even the dwarfbreeds. If you think your lop is ugly, you'd think my dwarfhotots are ugly too. If you want a rabbit that stays like ababy forever, you need to get a stuffed animal instead.
pet land told me about a rabbit. they call it peter rabbit.It's suppose to say small and very friendly becuz it's sick and itcan't smell or something like that.

naturestee wrote:
magicapplewrote:
Your rabbit is still cuter thanmines. And I notice that my rabbit is kinda nice. I don't socailizewith it much since I have it. But today I started to really socializewith it and it was pretty easy. My rabbit seemed ncie and clam. All itdid was put it's head near me and poop around me. Anyway at least itdidn't pee that would be harder to clean. And all my friends call myrabbit huge or ugly and they are too scare to play with my rabbit soanyway they will probably never like my rabbit.
It sounds like your rabbit is asking to be petted and is claiming youor the territory around you. Really, nothing you've saidabout your rabbit makes it sound mean. You just need to learnhow to read it's body language.

Oh, and urine really isn't that hard to clean up, if you clean it rightaway. All it takes is paper towels and plain white vinegar.
I put my rabbit on a blanket. so if it pees i'll have to washthe blanket. I only used the blanket becuz my floor is slippy.

peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:

your rabbit is still cuter than mines. And I notice that my rabbit iskinda nice. I don't socailize with it much since I have it. But today Istarted to really socialize with it and it was pretty easy. My rabbitseemed ncie and clam. All it did was put it's head near me and pooparound me. Anyway at least it didn't pee that would be harder to clean.And all my friends call my rabbit huge or ugly and they are too scareto play with my rabbit so anyway they will probably never like myrabbit.

im glad that you are spending time with your bunny..and that you foundout that he is nice and calm!!! and as long as you like your bunny whocares what your friends think? my friends think im crazy because ispend so much time with mine
Thats what my friend thinks too. They also think i'm wastingmoney on my rabbit. Oh yea what do you do about the wires around yourhome? And can't rabbit use a cleaner way to mark their territorys? Idon't go pooping in my room to tell everyone that its my room. :X

My rabbit looks the same sort of rabbit as yours,
just different colours. Most people think she is
ugly too, and she does look different to when
she was a baby. I am glad to hear you have been
speding some time with your rabbit and it seems
to me that he is pretty typical for a rabbit. If he
is lowing his head at you it means he wants you
to stroke it gently. Sounds good to me!

magicapple wrote:
pet land told me about a rabbit. they call it peter rabbit. It'ssuppose to say small and very friendly becuz it's sick and it can'tsmell or something like that.
i wouldnt trust anything apetstore told you...when we bought peapoo the petstore told us thatrabbits dont like to climb or jump up on anything...thats the biggestlie ive ever heard! boy were they wrong!! ive never heard of that kindof rabbit...but i could be wrong:dunno

Latest posts

Back