I can't decide

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicapple

Reaction score
I have a brownlish blacklish graylish and whitelop rabbit. I didn't know much about the different breed of rabbits. Ithought only lop rabbits has those ears. And I went to a petland andfound those ears so I just bought it. It's been about 2 months now andI did more research on rabbits. Now I notice I really want a hollandlop. It's small and it has those ears. And the lop rabbit I have athome is always scratching me. So what should I do? I only thoughtof3 options. 1)give the rabbit to a shelter and let someoneelse adopt it and get a new holland rabbit. 2) I give the rabbit to theshelter and don't get another rabbit. 3) I keep my rabbit becuz I havebeen with that rabbit for about 2 months. I can't decide. I really wanta holland lop. But I don't want 2 rabbits. But I'll feel bad abandingthe rabbit I have now even thought I don't like it that much. Pleasehelp. I messed up. =(

Aww, you can't say you dont like it! There mustbe some things you find lovable? Lops can be grumpy at times, and allrabbits scratch at things. One of my rabbits is a lop, and I've noticedshe's considerably naughty, and sometimes hard to get along with, butshes very affectionate in her own ruff 'n tumble way. Is there anyclose family you could give it to? Friends? Would it not be possible toown two rabbits? I originally only wanted one, but got two because oftheir bond. I really don't want to sound like a stick-in-the-mud, butyou should've thought it through before buying a breed you were onlyhalf sure of. Who's to say you won;t like the next rabbit youbuy? They all have different personalities. If you're sure you want togive your current bunny up, and can't find any friends or family whowant it, I'd say give it to a shelter, but have a long think about it,and perhaps consider having two? Its really not that much hassle.

I have a Holland Lop and I can vouch that theyare not perfect rabbits either. My doe is a terror at times and shesuper hyper and only lets me touch her when she wants to be. I alsohave 2 mixed breed boys and they are by far much friendlier andsociable. But they always scratch me anyways. Not intentionally but youhave to keep in mind, your rabbit is a baby. They change as they ageand every rabbit is different. There is no guarentee that a Holland Lopwill be any different or any better and even if you get a baby, babiesare often sweet until they get older and things can change.

I personally don't think it's fair to the bunny to give it up justbecause you want a Holland Lop when you don't even know if another willbe better or worse. But I'd say rehome it with either family/friends ortake it to a shelter and instead of getting one from a breeder, get onefrom a local shelter or rabbit rescue. You may not get the breed youwant but you have a better chance of finding a rabbit that has theright personality for you since most are older rabbits in shelters.

Just remember, don't classify a rabbit by it's breed, they are all individuals.

2 rabbits means i'll have to buy another cageand food blow and everything. And i'm kinda broke. My parents doesn'tlike me having anypets so i have to pay for everything. And my loprabbit the main thing is that it's kinda scary looking. With the reallylong body and small head. But I love the face. And I really don't wantto keep a rabbit that I can't play with. And i'll probably spend moretime looking forthe right holland lop rabbitthatI really want.

Well my individual is mean. And it's hard for meto pick it up. It's soo big and heavy. I only know that petco will takemy rabbit so i can leave the rabbit with petco and they will letsomeone else adopt it. And my bunny is like 7 months old. Andit's Big. I know holland lops might have bad behavior too but at leastit's cute. I dont know where a shelter is. I usually buy mypets.How big cana holland rabbit get?

Is the cage that you have currently not bigenough for two?Perhaps if you do decide to give the rabbitaway, you should buy from a breeder. That way, you can get more adviceon which breed you would like/ be well suited to. I'm really not surehow big holland lops can get, but others will know.

hollands can get up to 4 or 5lbs..and my twohollands dont really like to be picked up either..alot of small rabbitsdont like to be picked up.

what kind of rabbit is yours now? and how big is it/how much does it weigh?

I don't know what your rabbit looks like butit's entirely possible it is a Holland Lop. Lots of them are sold atpet stores even though it's hard to tell. Your rabbit may just be apoor exampleof aHolland Lop.

queenadreena wrote:
Is the cage that you have currently not big enough fortwo?Perhaps if you do decide to give the rabbit away, youshould buy from a breeder. That way, you can get more advice on whichbreed you would like/ be well suited to. I'm really not sure how bigholland lops can get, but others will know.
I have a normal lop,i don't think I can put a holland lop together with it. what if theystart to fight?

peapoo_bunny wrote:
hollands can get up to 4 or 5lbs..and my two hollands dontreally like to be picked up either..alot of small rabbits dont like tobe picked up.

what kind of rabbit is yours now? and how big is it/how much does it weigh?
Umm can you use a ruler and tell me the inch of it from head tobutt? I don't mine fat rabbits. my rabbit is a normal lop rabbit. it'sbig and I don't know how much it weights. the store person said it canget up to 13 lb or pounds. All I know is that it's big and it sleeps alot.

Erm, it sounds like a French Lop or a mix, Ibelieve anyways. French Lops are supposed to be very friendly and goodcompanion rabbits.

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
I don't know what your rabbit looks like but it's entirelypossible it is a Holland Lop. Lots of them are sold at pet stores eventhough it's hard to tell. Your rabbit may just be a poorexampleof aHolland Lop.
But it's huge. Youcan mix a holland lop and a mini lop. But a normal lop is too big. I'mpositive it's a lop. The only reason why I want a holland lop is becuzI want a rabbit with big ears and I want it to be small.

magicapple wrote:
.But it's huge. You can mix a holland lop and a mini lop.But a normal lop is too big. I'm positive it's a lop. The only reasonwhy I want a holland lop is becuz I want a rabbit with big ears and Iwant it to be small.

you can have a big bunny and a little bunny together as long as they are bonded...size or breed wont make a difference

hollandsdont have really big ears..theyrethe same size as a mini lops ears

BUT HOLLAND LOPS ARE CUTEST LOPS. well maybebesides fuzzy but I can't find that so i'll stick to holland. I lovetheir big chubby grandpa face. =)

Latest posts

Back