Grace's Pet Tails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know! It was supposed to be red but then Dad was like ''Ehh it looks kind of pink'', sure how bad, I prefer it :p

liking the new housing!

I cant get over how cute and fluffy the babies are :inlove:have you found a home for any yet? i may have to fly over there and steal a couple :inlove::ph34r2

You can come steal some if you want :D
Nope no homes, I think I remember telling you before how hard homes are to find, well, decent homes. Sadly, it is no different this time. I just have to keep looking and hopefully I will find some decent homes for them. I'm not really in the position to keep any this time. I ended up keeping two from the last litter.

I just can't wait to eventually get Thumper neuteured, and Rupert but Thumper is top priority. As much as babies are cute and fun, homes are hard to find and I'm starting to get sick of these suprises lol!

I know how you feel. i remember when I found my second surprize litter only a months after the first one (and a day before the scheduled spay) I was in a state of panick and for months after imagined seeing baby bunnies in the garden:rabbithop

Sabine wrote:
I know how you feel. i remember when I found my second surprize litter only a months after the first one (and a day before the scheduled spay) I was in a state of panick and for months after imagined seeing baby bunnies in the garden:rabbithop
Lol! I ment to keep my money for Christmas for neuteuring the buns but I went out for new years and two birthdays so that was gone in no time :p So I'm hoping for that job in school for the Summer!

Hey everyone,

Well I haven't been at school the last two days cause I've been sick, I'm feeling way better now. This morning I thought I was going to pass out and I went ghostly white, Mam was going to bring me to the hospital but after I took some panadol and ate I was ok again. I just have a really bad stomach ache for some reason :(

Anywho, since I've been feeling ok for the last few hours I decided to take some pictures of the buns. I'll start with a picture of Ellie. I'm guessing none of you know who Ellie is, well she is a doe from my current litter (and hopefully last), that I have sort of become attached to. She is the sweetest and the fluffiest of the litter, but sadly I won't be keeping her :(

[align=center]Ellie

:inlove:

1z2inoh.jpg

Princess & Ebony

2pyaop0.jpg

Misty

6glu6u.jpg

25j894k.jpg

I wish I could use photobucket again, tiny pic seriously ruins the quality of the pictures lol!
[/align]

Oh go on if Rupert is staying you may keep Ellie as well. They would be really cute together once Rupert is neutered that is:biggrin2:

Sabine wrote:
Oh go on if Rupert is staying you may keep Ellie as well. They would be really cute together once Rupert is neutered that is:biggrin2:
Haha I wish!

[align=center]Bun Update[/align]
[align=center]The buns have been doing great in their new cages, they all seem pretty happy. I have a few online ads and one paper ad put up for the babies. I am just aboutto go put in another one for another paper. I haven't had any enquries yet. I was kind of hoping I would have a good response to the ads. That will show you how few people keep rabbits in Ireland, I guess that is why we don't have such an overpopulation problem like the US and England. Anyways, I bought them some treats today. Well I kind of went overboard and spent quite a bit on treats and food for the buns/guinea pigs/dogs lol! I felt in the mood for spoiling them![/align]
[align=center]Guinea pigs update[/align]
[align=center]I kind of felt like spoiling them too today! Well they are kind of spoilt all the time anyway, I'm worried I'm going to end up with podgy piggies lol! Just messin', I have been sticking to a good feeding routine with them. They get a bowl of salad everyday, along with hay and about 60 grams of dry food. I actually am switching them over to a new food I bought to day. Mr. Johnsons Everday Advance, it is the only pellet they have. I was feeding them Gerty Guinea Pig Food before they got it in. I got them some fruity stick treats too, but I'll feed them in moderation.[/align]
[align=center]Last night I had them on top of me while I was watching Friends, they were popcorning everywhere and eating lettuce. I held some lettuce between my teeth and they came over eating it lol! Might sound gross to some but I don't care, I didn't let them get too close to my mouth, it was really funny though. Their whiskers tickle lol![/align]
[align=center]Dog Update[/align]
[align=center]Well like I said before my dog Heidi is on a diet. I think I might make a new post about her after dinner though, maybe peeps on here would like to follow her progress? She seems to be loosing weight already! She's real hungry though, so might have to talk to the vet about uping how much she gets. Ok I'll talk more about that in another post soon. Oh and Holly is doing brilliant as usual! :)[/align]

[align=center]Heidi's Weight Loss Progress[/align]
[align=center]Ok so she started her diet on Saturday 16th January, so coming close to a week. Before she went on the diet, she was eating so much. I'll be honest and say we weren't watching what she was eating. If the kids dropped food, she ate it. If we had meat left over on our plates, she ate it. If we were eating while watching TV and left down our plates, she ate it. She would also try and steal the poultry's food and go around hovering up and crumbs she found. She didn't look fat to us at all, but she obviously was.[/align]
[align=center]Her new diet: 100 grams of Burn's High Oats. That's it. She is really hungry on it, she spends all her time walking around looking for food, like right now she is beside me with her nose to the ground, looking for crumbs. The vet. nurse said if she is really hungry on it, we may have to up how much she is fed. She has to go to the vets for weight ins every 2-3 weeks, she also has a book to keep record of her progress and sheets to write down things she might have eaten that is isn't supposed to have.[/align]
[align=center]I have noticed a difference in her already, her legs and ''behind'' look thinner and she seems to be walking easier and able to climb up onto ditches now, I haven't seen her do that in awhile, she just had a good romp outside with the puppy. Maybe it is my imagination, but my Mother noticed it too. So we'll see when we weigh her ourselves on Saturday, I'll keep ye posted![/align]
[align=center]Starting Weight[/align]
[align=center]10.8 kg[/align]
[align=center]Goal Weight[/align]
[align=center]7 kg[/align]
[align=center][/align]

Hey guys!

Wow, I'm very excited today! Yesterday, I got a PM off someone on an Irish guinea pig forum asking if I was still interested in a male guinea pig (I had offered to help someone out before, but they were too far). This person is moving to the US in March and has lots of piggies and bunnies looking for homes. They had just one male.

They live in Dublin, which is about 4-5 hours away, the other side of the country to where I am, but their friend was staying with them from Clare and they are bringing the pig right to my town :pinkbouce:

I get him tomorrow at around 4pm :) I'm going to be busy getting everything setup! I'm going to make up a cage for him soon, hoping to bond him to my other too but will let him relax in his own area first. Also, I want to try either expand my current boys cage or else build a new one at the weekend. Need to buy some stuff for him tomorrow too (food bowl, hidey house, water bottle etc.)

Anywho, his name is Toffee, he is tri coloured and a year old. He has a little rosette on his head according to his owner, just can't see it in the picture. Might not keep his name, not sure, any suggestions?

Here he is

P8170162.jpg

:inlove:

Aww he's a dote. I bet you're excited. I think my account was erased on that site as I haven't posted in ages. Typical just when you want to ask a question. I'll probably have to join again..

Sabine wrote:
Aww he's a dote. I bet you're excited. I think my account was erased on that site as I haven't posted in ages. Typical just when you want to ask a question. I'll probably have to join again..
Aww really? I think you know the member I'm getting him off, username Smokey on IR :) Tiger on IG

irishbunny wrote:
Sabine wrote:
Aww really? I think you know the member I'm getting him off, username Smokey on IR :) Tiger on IG
Oh I just saw the rehoming ad for the bunnies too. If I wasn't going to England next weekend I'd be sorely tempted by the siamese sable:inlove: How did you resist???

Ya it's hard, they are adorable :inlove:
Oh I forgot to tell you as well, that I found the ferplast 120 on zooplus again! If you go into guinea pigs it's there :? Even though it says ''Rabbit Cage'' in the heading. Did you get the two tier cage yet? I was thinking about it for my guinea pigs.

irishbunny wrote:
Ya it's hard, they are adorable :inlove:
Oh I forgot to tell you as well, that I found the ferplast 120 on zooplus again! If you go into guinea pigs it's there :? Even though it says ''Rabbit Cage'' in the heading. Did you get the two tier cage yet? I was thinking about it for my guinea pigs.
Yes I did.And even got 20 euro off as there was a bit of wood chipped off the wooden ramp:biggrin2: Not that it matters as Smokey is surely going to chew it much more:)

Heyy girlie!!
I keep missing you in the chat :(
I miss our good ol' conversations..
Hope to chat with you there soon!

Latest posts

Back