For peppa and georgie and anyone else who likes the big buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooohh, just read through this, and have to say great work by both of you to hopefully get this beautiful boy a home :)

He is just gorgeous, and I love that last picture. I'll be following this to see how things pan out :)

Jan

Thanks jan will be waiting for the phone call and if it doesnt come i will call them, i have reminded myself not to hang up on possible sales call just in case it is them lol xxx xx Am very excited. xxx Peppa and Georgie have decided to re decorate the living room in honour of his hopefull arrival ( they have started stripping the wall paper ha ha ) No prob though i hate wall paper so just have to paint now lol xx

I called and had a chat with the deputy manager today about you and she is going to get thing sin motion so hopefully someone will contact you soon :)

Looks like they are not going to contact you right now (because I asked you everything they need to know). They would like your permission to pass on your contact details to your local branch to arrange a home visit. :D

Is that ok?

Oh meant to ask what happens on the home visits, is it like a test or will they talk me through what they are looking at and give any advice they think would get me through so that i could change things.
Also what happens after the home visit, will they tell me straight off and what are the steps after that xxxx

Honestly? I'm not sure, because they are out of area.

However, if I was doing the home visit for someone in our area I try to make it as informal and relaxed as possible.

I would come and sit and have a chat with you (really informal despite the paper work I have to fill in), probably admire Peppa and Georgie and find out more about them. Then we would go and see where he will live (you need it fully prepared for him to move in minus litter in the litter trays, food, etc, but you'll need all the baby gates in place, etc) and I would ask questions. things like 'Dumbo might be a chewer or digger, how would you feel if he shreds your carpet', so I can assess how aware you are about having a rabbit inside.

At that point then I would probably carry on chatting which often gives me even more info on the person and their rabbits. I would then end with asking you if you have any questions and the last thing I finish with is reiterating that if they need anything then don't hesitate to contact me because I'll be happy to help.

I would think they WON'T give you an answer. Depending on the situation I sometimes can give a guided answer but nothing formal because I am 'only a volunteer' (and your home visitor will be a volunteer too).

the way it works for us is that I go back to my supervisor and recuont the visit and give my recommendations for changes that need to be made and she will call and give her answer. From then on it moves pretty quick.

It's definitely not a test (I've already covered that part with you :p), it is basically a fact finding mission to find out where he will live. Chances are though that you would actually know more about buns than the home visitor unless they are a rabbit specilist like me, which most areas don't have, most home visitors cover all the animals.

For me it takes me about 40 mins to do a home visit generally because I like to get to know people, have a chat, relax them, etc. Some home visitors will take just 10 or so minutes. The alloted time is 30mins maximum but I always go over (I just never tell people how long it should take :p).

If there is a lot to change then the home visitor might want to come back after you have made the changes to just check they have all be done satisfactorily (that's not based on you being untrustworthy, that's based on some previous adopters being liars and saying they will do things and not doing them-thus putting the buns at risk).

The home visitor will have my contact details too so I may have had contact with them before they see you, or may have contact after. I will basically be a reference point for them.

You WILL be asked to get your buns vaccinated before you get Dumbo. That seems to be the only concern my end; that you won't keep him uptodate with his vaccinations, so you would probably need to have a chat with them about him.

If you wanted to talk to my centre to ask those questions or to find out more about Dumbo then it might be worth calling. That will show you are eager and interested. Might also help you feel a bit more settled about what will happen (I know that would make me feel more settled).

I have your adoption pack all ready to go and aim to post that tomorrow, so hopefully you shoudl get that on thursday.

On a good note I have my laptop back :D (it came back todaay minus the lead *rolls eyes*, but right now is has enough battery so that I can e-mail you the forms). These forms are not ideal and I am in the process of redoing them but I'll send you the one I did for the people I train up that shows what to look for and where. the person coming to home visit you will probably have different forms, so don't be unnerved if they are different. They have basically given me free reign with the rabbit forms at the centre because I know so much. In fact, I'm going to go and e-mail you now.

Rethink: I'm just going to have some tea first.

x

lol that is great, so i might give them a ring and check when dumbo was vacinated then i will get peppa and georgie done before home visit then i can have the vacination cards to show them x
My fault totally they havent been done as i obviously not up to date, i did not realise they would need them being indoors, but then i last had rabbits over 5 years ago and they were outdoors and had all the vacinations but previous to that about 10 years ago had indoor ones and didnt have them done. Dont think they had a myxy one then not sure though. I think i would feel more secure reassuring them that i would keep dumbo up to date on his injections, and i could check on his neutering too. xx If i find out when he has had his injections then i could get him registered at vet as our vet sends out reminders so there would not be risk of it being forgotten.
Great will sort forms as soon as they get here.

That sounds great :) they answer the phones between 9am and 4.30pm ish. I spoke to the deputy manager today who is Becky, but equally there are other staff members who will be able to help.

I have sent the e-mail so you should have that soon.

Great and i have booked peppa and Georgie in for tomorrow afternoon so they will be all done with their paper work and ready. I will ring in the morn and check on Dumbos details and see if they can tell me anymore about who from around here might call me or when xx Did i say peppa and georgie are redecorating for him lol So we are stripping wall paper now, i hate it anyway so be good to paint another colour x Will go check email for the forms xx

Ha ha, I did read about them stripping the wall paper. Made me laugh. Also did yourself a nice favour by showing you are aware of rabbit's potential which anyone who has house rabbits should be.

They are not sure who will be coming to you yet. They first have to find out which is your nearest branch and then pass the info onto them and they will delegate it to the most appropriate volunteer. they will explain all that to you :)

Hiya rang first thing this morn and got dates of vacinations and neutering so that is great. It is only myx and vhd that they can be vacinated for isnt it???? That is the double that i have booked peppa and georgie for xx

Yup :) and they have to have them two weeks apart, so P&G will need to go back in two weeks for theirs VHD.

Glad you now know where you are a bit more :)

Yes feel much more sorted now just got to wait for the people who will do the home check to contact me now. I have been trying to look to see where the nearest rspca centre is so i can work out where they will come from but am not sure. We have lots of animal rescue places around and have a banbury one but it is not rspca x

hello am getting over excited now cant wait for house visit to be done, have just picked up the biggest plastic dog bed ever from someone was for a rotweiler so huge xx

OH dog beds are PERFECT! :D I use those as litter trays for my groups.

We think (yes, think) that your local branch is the Reading and Oxon branch. they only have an e-mail contact address so that is how my Supervisor contacted them. :)

:) I believe he is reserved now so even if it takes some time no one else can reserve him.

Latest posts

Back