For peppa and georgie and anyone else who likes the big buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) funnily enough I mentioned about you on Friday and apparently a temporary reserve went up then (although I only found that out yesterday when I called and spoke to the deputy manager about it).

I just got this e-mail from my supervisor.

'It is actually Oxfordshire Branch apparently and they now have the details and will get on to it. They have your details in case of any queries.

Fingers crossed its all positive.'

OOO great, can i ask, do you think i should hide the dog bed from mine until i (hopefully) get him so it only has his smell or should i let them play around it and pick up their smells??? Want to do best option to help with future bonding.
x

I think either would be fine :)

If you wanted to, you could send me a blanket or something that i could take to the centre and put in with him (fleece or something) and he could then have that when he gets back to yours and it will smell of him. Or, I could go and locate a fleece blanket and go and take it to him save you posting something (just didn't know if you had bought something you wanted to use).

It will all be strange and all smell different but having something smell of him might help him settle a bit and will also make the dog bed and its smell matter less. in fact, yes, it might be worth letting them play because if it smells of dog that can be a problem for some buns so your two can sort that out :p

Ok cool will let them play in it and scent it so to speak.
Yes please a fleece would be a great idea, if you dont mind, i dont have one spare at mo to post as guinea pigs as pinched them all lol xx That would be really nice for him to have his own blanket like a security blanket so he doesnt feel scared.
Thanks yes please xxxx Can you think of anything else i could do to prepare for the bonding ??? Obviously assuming all goes well with house visit etc ...xxxx Am going to get some grass mats so he can have a good chew and dig. and some toys to chuck about too xx

Ok, Ace. I'll try and sort out the blanket then (not sure when, maybe tomorrow though).

Grass mats is a great idea :) Also things like a yellow pages might be fun for him too-provided he doesn't eat it.

As for the bonding, I don't think you need to do much until he is with you. I would let him settle for a week or so though before doing anything too drastic with him and then because he will have endured a very long car journey to get to you and need to settle.

Just to let you know I went and bought a red fleecey blanket today so I'll take that down when I can, but probably not until after we hear about the home visit went.

This is so exciting!!! I can't wait to see photos of him in his new home!!!

Arr thanks flashy should all go well will re-emberse you for that (spelling terrible there but you know what i mean lol)
xx Yes hope it is soon, Have the huge dog bed set up ready although henry keeps putting his teddies in it and baby keeps climbing init then henry tells him off saying "that is for the giant bunny stanley" Poor stanley just smiles.
I am going to take a door off between my living room and kitchen and put another baby gate up tomorrow too as then he will be able to see peppa and georgie and get to know them without actually being with each other.
Also want to put some grass mats down too, or is it too early for all that? Henry thought we were getting him yesterday when we went to vet and was saying "we not got giant bunny yet???"
The dog bed is so huge you could fit two giant bunnies and peppa and georgie too lol It is the size for a rotweiler xx Like a three foot one at least x

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, your kids are gorgeous :D

Don't worry about paying me back (I can spell that :p) it was only a small cost, think of it as a Congratulations on you new house present for Dumbo. :)

You could put some rgass mats down for the home visit, sure :)

How did your vets appointment go yesterday?

Arrrr thanks that is lovely. Cool will get the grass mats then.
Well as for the vets visit there is a story. Peppa and georgie were fine until i had to put them on the table and they darted off over the counter into the sink behind the vet who clearly had no idea how to catch them so i had to dive after them and catch them before they hurt themselves, peppa was the worst and jumped out of the sink as well and scratched me, i had to pin her and be very stern telling her to calm down etc and both were then fine and didnt even flinch so long as i held them close under my chin. It was at the back of my mind that their face was against my skin so i was in for a huge bite if it hurt them too much but they didnt move at all then.
Bless them they were so scared, wish there were mobile vet surgeries or something lol xx Or wish i could do them myself would like that as used to flush all their abcesses etc when i had them years ago, i quite liked playing nurse to them xx All well now though but havent told them they are going back in 2 weeks poor buns xxx

Yes it certainly was but i know what to expect from them next time. They werent like that when they went to get spayed, maybe they remembered the place lol xx Yes they are fine now thanks xx

Hey adoption pack arrived today, bonding info was great and other bits really helpfull too thanks xx Was it you in the photos and were they your buns xx
Cant wait now for the home visit, do they just ring you up and tell you when they are coming, like with a diary sort of thing, how does it generaly work, i imagine they will be quite busy xx

Latest posts

Back