For peppa and georgie and anyone else who likes the big buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all so exciting! I'm happy to see these buns going to such a loving home!

Can't wait for lots more pictures.

Glad it got to you :)

The person who comes to do your visit will be voluntarily doing it so really it depends on how they work and how busy the rest of their life is.

Generally we have to call the adopter within 48 hours of being given the home visit and the home visit has to be completed within 7 days of you and the HV speaking unless there are extenuating circumstances (which in your case there shouldn't be).

i tend to call up people and say I can do X afternoon and/or evening and suggest maybe three or four different times and then ask them what is convinient for them. and we work out it between us because obviously it has to be a convinient time for both of us.

Yup, thats me and all those pictures are my buns, past and present :D

If you haven't heard from the home visitor by Monday then I suggest calling our RSPCA (where Dumbo is) and asking them to chase it and I'll get onto my supervisor and ask her to chase it too.

arrr the pics are lovely, the one that made me reall smile was the one where you were sat there and bunny was laid next to you like you were watching tv together or something. So cute xx
I was interested in the vanilla on nose business xx will have to try that xx
Yes will do that if i dont hear by monday then. Am trying to remain calm and wait and see sort of attitude, but the more stuff i put out and the more we talk about dumbo coming the more i get excited, keep trying to take a step back xx lol Getting large water bottle tomorrow and the grass mats etc, bowls and litter tray all ready x Am getting on with the wall paper stripping and then painting to keep me busy, although the 3 kids and other pets are doing a good job of keeping me busy too lol x
How many buns do you have at the moment?

That one was my lovely Badger boy. He's such a cutie :D he is so much more like a puppy than a bunny. He's one of the two most special buns I have here (and last time I was telling Sky he was the most special of all specials Badger came running over and started licking my legs :p think he was trying to win me over).

I know, its really hard to sit on your excitement when you're just waiting. Once you have a home visit date and things start moving it will probably be a bit easier because you have something to focus on, right now you're just in limbo.

He does use a water bottle at the centre but would also suggest you try a dog bowl for water too and offer them both because its an unknown as to whether or not he could actually use a bottle before he arrived and he may struggle with it. My candyfloss hardly drank anything at the centre but when she got to mine within an hour she had downed two bowls of water and she is actually a big water drinker- I think that she couldn't use a bottle and no one bothered to try and find out, so I would suggest you offer him both options too; at least until you know for sure he can drink fine from a bottle :)

I have 16 here at the mo, which is more than I really want, but would happily go back to 17 if it meant my Summer girl could come back- which isn't feasible, lol.

Wow are they in your garden or some inside? They really are addictive arent theyx
Yes have a large dob bowl so will def put both down and he can try both x Do you rescue and foster or just have them as pets x

I have some that live outside and some that live in my room in a massive NIC cage.

All the buns I have now are mine, as pets. However, I did foster. I've had four foster buns. The first one was Harley who now belongs to MPHF who is a member here, the second was Summer, third was Roger and fourth was Tilly, and you may notice that Summer, Tilly and Roger are in my avatar and that is because they became permanent additions. I suck at fostering! lol.

:) I had every intention of rehoming them to the right home until Summer got cancer and the RSPCA deemed her unadoptable, so therefore she stayed and her two bondmates just HAD to stay, lol.

the Dopeys are funny. Really hilarious rabbits. Really stupid though.

Badger is their cousin, but he's not as stupid. Polly has some other Dopey relatives in her shed in her breeding program and they are equally as dopey :D

He he the dopey twins lol xx Oh poor summer how sad x I once before i had kids about 10 12 years ago bred my bunnies and had seven babies, i was advised to take them to the pet shop that we bought all our food in and he had people wanting homes for them so i did. However, i went back in the next day to see who they had gone to etc and one was still there so i bought her back, it was flakey, i couldnt bear to see her looking out and not having gone to anyone like her sister had.
The rest stayed apart from two that went to friends. I was niave then, but now i wouldnt be able to give any buns to a pet shop x The following litters i had i kept as they were so cute x it is only recently that i really knew about the adopting and fostering business, i dont think people are really aware in the same way as they are about cats and dogs etc. I was also unaware that indoor bunnies face the same risks of disease as outdoor, i did not realise it was the hay that could carry the disease. The pet shop were very nice and did lots of stern talks on care, but did not mention vacinations and how they can catch things, they didnt really say about the importance of spaying / neutering either xx I am really glad i have joined these forums as have learnt lots x

I agree, I too learnt an awful lot after joining here. i think rabbit knowledge has only started to widen in the past few years and so many people are behind with it. Thankfully being on here means we aren't :D

Hiya hope it is ok have rung up this morn as still not heard anything, and lady who answered i think might be called kiera said she would have to look into it and call me back.
Think she said she will talk to you and find out more about it and then call me back, hope that is ok xx

Ok i feel sad, dont know what to do , oxford branch wont let me have a home visit untill i have familiarised myself with dumbo.
Kate the lady from the home visit co ordination bit was so nice and i just didnt know what to say because i wanted to cry.
I feel like shouting at the oxford branch that i have had loads of rabbits and i already love dumbo and wouldnt chuck him out no matter what he did x
Sorry i feel bad also as you have done so much trying to help me.
She said that they were hoping it would be ok as we had put so much together but the man wont have it at all and the only way is for me to get a rabbit from the oxford branch or travel to you to visit dumbo say yes and then come home and they would do home visit to decide and then go back and get him xx :( Any ideas ???????? Not sure i would be able to get all the kids and husband to travel all the way for visit and then again to pick him up, kids would get all upset that they couldnt bring him home and wouldnt be able to do the drive on my own as not that confident enough driver... Looks like i wont have a chance unless i adopt a local bunny..... but i really want dumbo xxx

Hello again sorry for so many posts just wanted to add a thank you for trying so hard for me, i guess i will just have to see if anyone else knows of any giants needing rescuing abit closer to home lol :) Sorry this has turned out to be a bit of a let down for you xxx Thanks again xx

Don't give up yet Karen, maybe we can find a way to get you to and from, I mean we've got so many people on this forum! Don't give up hope yet!
I'm sure we could find someone to drive you to and from for the first visit! We just gotta try!

Arrr thanks saudade, these things are very frustrating arent they?
I wonder if it has to be someone from my area doing the home visit as the lady said that traceys branch were happy to waver the fact that i hadnt seen him in person as such due to all the effort and work tracey had put in etc. So seems that it is just my local branch who wont do the home visit.

Arrr thanks, yes i will see what tracey thinks on it too xx she will prob know more about it xxx
Disappointments are hard hey lolxx I was a bit surprised they are so strict although i understand why i think sometimes they need to look into other possibilities more xx

Oh dear never mind. I really hope i havent caused you any trouble at work, if i have i am very sorry, you have been ever so kind and helpfull x Thanks again x Hope you are not cross with me for this whole business x

At the end of the day, all that happened was that the RSPCA made a request and you felt that you couldn't do that, so you called my Supervisor and took the reserve off. That's completely your right and choice. No biggie.

Latest posts

Back