Fluffball's Possible Pregnancy Diary

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally don't believe there is a chance of having live kits, but that doesn't mean there are not any left (and this is my main concern from what Becca told me on the phone). Normally when a doe is done with kindling she will just carry one as normal (in my experience), but Fluffball wasn't, which is a large concern. It could just be it was a hard labour, and she needs time to recover, but equally, there could be something more severe going on.

At this point I would be more inclined to bring her in because she may be more at risk now than she was a few days ago. That's just my gut feeling though, and not necessarily what an experienced breeder would do.

Becca wrote:
If she isn't all this is such a waste, putting her through this.. me getting excited about babies :( if there are no babies.
Now you understand why we were so passionate about you not doing it: Saves you the heartbreak, and save Fluffball the pain:rose:

It's not that unusual to only have one, especially with the way you bred her, so this could be it.

In this instance, I meant I would lean towards doing that.

Edited cause a post appeared, than Flashy thought she lost it but she didn't, so I pasted, but then she realized she didn't lose it so she deleted her messaage, so then I looked like I escaped the asylum and was talking to myself about a post that really didn't disappear at all, nor was it's existence being questionned anymore... I should shut up now right?

:embarrassed:

MissBinky wrote:
It's here Flashy... Forum is being funky... Reposting for you to see it

I personally don't believe there is a chance of having live kits, but that doesn't mean there are not any left (and this is my main concern from what Becca told me on the phone). Normally when a doe is done with kindling she will just carry one as normal (in my experience), but Fluffball wasn't, which is a large concern. It could just be it was a hard labour, and she needs time to recover, but equally, there could be something more severe going on.

At this point I would be more inclined to bring her in because she may be more at risk now than she was a few days ago. That's just my gut feeling though, and not necessarily what an experienced breeder would do.

- Flashy
Thanks :) I found it after so made the reply into something else, lol. It's making my head hurt, these forum spasms, that's for sure.

Is there no way you can take her cage inside? I wouldn't put her in somebunny elses territory when he has just vacated it (I have hutches inside that are used in instances like this, so didn't think about logisitics for others, sorry). If you do move her, take the whole nest with her.

Latest posts

Back