Fluffball's Possible Pregnancy Diary

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I wondered why she hadn't been on all day.

SHE;S GIVEN BIRTH SHE'S GIVEN BIRTH THERES ONLY ONE BABY IN THE NEST AND I THINK ITS DEAD IT ISNT WRIGGLING I GOT SOME PICS I WILL PUT THEM ON IN A SEC
WHAT DO I DO??

Just to let people know I have been on the phone with Becca and her family. the kit is definitely dead (warm and dead, and also missing an ear, and was also very predictably a pencil kit), and fluffball is looking hunched, but has eaten some hay.

Becca has so far done really well and I have explained to them what to look for and what they need to do, including a possible (probable?)trip to the vets.

Fingers crossed Fluffball is finished and ok.

Anyway.. from what I know from talking with her on msn...

After telling her to pick it up and put it against her to warm it up in case it was cold ( I have no clue if it was dead at birth or not as Becca couldn't tell if it was alive or not), she still couldn't tell if it was alive or not. I was hoping to hear more but she seems to have signed out... It's hard right now because I'm not getting the info I'm needing to give her much advice, she doesn't seem to know what she is doing at all and she's very unsure of herself. She told me she is on the phone with Flashy so I am really hoping that Flashy will be able to do more for her than I was :?

Sorry, we posted at the same time...

Sorry to hear about the baby. I was hoping it'd be better news than that :(I was also hoping we'd manage to get some posts here in between to get more info to her but the forum is so slow today ack :X

Hoping for possible better news later Becca :rose:

Ps: When I said I " she doesn't seem to know what she's doing, she's unsure, it meant: she's scared,she's forgotten basics,for anyone posting, go through the basics, one more time, forum is slow, trying to post quickly, and wanted my post to go through quickly. Sorry for not elaborating...

First of all Sophie HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Second, Thanks so much for your help Sophie and Tracy!

We named the baby Fredrick - Emily named the kit I don't know what inspired Fredrick but anyway!

She has just eaten hay, she has a little blood on her nose obviosuly from grooming the baby (we think she over groomed it becuase he has lost an ear :()
We are checking on her every 15-20 mins to make sure she is okay.

Basically here is the story:

I got home from school after being texted by mum saying that Fluffball had made a nest. I went to look in the nest and WOW there was actually a kit in there! Though he didn't look to good :?
I got onto RO straight away though it wasn't working and I couldn'r post which was so annoying! So what else could I do but go on msn, I did and found Sophie (Thanks a lot :D)
But before that I had phoned Tracy like 60000 times before she answered, she went into the shop after telling me to get the kit and calming me down.
Sophie said the same thing.

They were both doing great helping me!

I was rushing in and out of the house trying to decide what to do.

Then basically the whole kit thing happend :(

We are not sure if there will be anymore though .....

Yeh we did :) mind you I was also posting at the same time as myself, hence the triple post, lol.

It is sad about the baby, but my concerns remain with Fluffball because to me she doesn't sound too hot. They said they would keep and eye on her and see how she is. I told them as much as I could, and hopefully Fluffball will be ok.

I spoke to Becca, Emily and Becca's mum and they are all very lovely, albeit a bit panicked (Becca and Emily that is). I was also able to have a very honest conversation with her mum too, which hopefully means they will be able to identify any potential problems if they arise.

Ok, I'm a little bit confused-you have one live kit, then? Is Fluffball at the vet, or at home?

Flashy wrote:
gentle giants wrote:
Ok, I'm a little bit confused-you have one live kit, then? Is Fluffball at the vet, or at home?
One dead baby (named Frederick) and no live babies, and Fluffball is, I believe, still at home.
Correct :rose:

What do you do with the dead kits?
At the moment Fred's on top of a box under Fluffball's cage.

Thanks for the birthday wishes Becca. Sorry for not replying to them on Msn, but well, my first preoccupation was the baby so you'll have to forgive me ;)

I agree with Flashy about Fluffball's condition being a concern. Right now, it'll be really important that you keep a close eye on her. But then again Flashy told you all that so I won't go repeating everything. I'm glad you had her there to help you. I hope things will work out in the end.

Becca wrote:
What if something happens to her in the night?

You should be able to tell before then if something is amiss. If you have concerns that she may still be in labour, or hurting, or is she is lethargic, not acting as herself, or anything abnormal, then you need to get her to the vets ASAP. If it were me I probably would have already taken her, but it's down to you and your family to decide what to do. I explained it all to your mum so she knows whats what.

Rabbits have two uterine horns, that means they can have a baby, or babies, in both. She only went with Dippy once, and so will have a minimal litter. It may be she has finished now, but equally, she may have another huge kit in her other horn, waiting to come out, and that will come out as a pencil kit probably and will suffocate in her tubes because she is too old. That will be very hard for her and it may be the baby is too big or it may be that it is at an odd angle, or there may be no baby. You just need to keep watching her, and if you have any concerns, she needs the vets because they go downhill very quickly.

Becca wrote:
What if something happens to her in the night?
I would look around on the internet to find local vets numbers, see if you can find any info on vets that do nights. I would write the number and stick it on the fridge or something (bear in mind vets close usually at 5.30 so you might want to ring now to find out if they have a night vet).

Check on here until you go to bed (could you bring her in your room?) Maybe set your alarm for 1am and get out of bed just to check on her to see if she seems OK.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Latest posts

Back