Fluffball's Possible Pregnancy Diary

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
It might just be easier to show you this conversation me and Meg (Luv-Bunniz) had on msn.

Becca Is back!! And misses Rollo and the gang :( Luv Ya All!! (L)35 days:'((L) says:
i haz a poblem
Becca Is back!! And misses Rollo and the gang :( Luv Ya All!! (L)35 days:'((L) says:
i think fluffball might be pregnant
NobodyReallyCaresWhatIsPutHere..ExceptYouObviously- says:
how?
well they were both out in their runs today and they were in the chicken wire ones next to each other and I fluffball got into dippys and just as i got outside to get him off her he grunted and fell off
:S
:'(
Yeah she is probably pregnant then
really
im so stupid
Or he at least..."finished"
never put them in the chicken wire run
never
stupid stupid
GRR
Yer not, you wernt to know. Just treat her like a pregnant doe...and if you want her inside for if the babies are born, bring her in next week-ish
omg omg omg
did it happen today?
Yeah
i got home from school and was feeling sick so i just put the runs together
i turned 1 big run into 2
usuing the chicken wire
and fluffball must of got underneath it and went to ..you know

Okay Sorry :)

Basically, I got home from school and was feeling sick so I just got one of the big runs and seperated it into 2 runs using the chicken wire and put the bunniesin each side.
I went inside to get some medicine and some water then when I next looked outside Dippy was on top of Fluffball and I ran outside but then he grunted and fell off. Doesn't that mean that the deed has been done?

I am so stupid, I can't beleive I was so careless...

Ya know, from what I've read when the male grunts and falls off that means that the deed is "done" and they are in their prime breeding ages (again, only going off of what I've read). It looks like there is a VERY high chance that Fluffball is preggers.....sorry Becca :?

I agree that it would be wise to just treat her like a pregnant rabbit (since it's very likely she truly is). Do you have extra cages and funds ready? Also it might be a good idea to ready yourselffor the worst case scenario;she doesn't care for the babies.

I'd assume she may be pregnant. Count 31 days on your calendar (November 15?). Get yourself ready with a nestbox. Give it to her on November 11 or 12th. Then wait and see.

They can be pretty determined lil buggers. Chicken wire is not a good seperator between a buck and a doe. But at least you saw it happen and you can be prepared. (That's a lot better than being surprised!)

Oh, I am so sorry that happened. Well we can hope that she isn't pregnate but like the other people said I would do everything you would if yyou knew she was pregnate.... I am a sooooo sorry and don't blame yourself....

Aly!

Okay, thanks guys.
I am so annoyed with myself :( How stupid am I....
The only thing I'm somewhat please about is that mum and dad forgive me and are willing to pay for an emergency spay if something goes wrong.

Becca wrote:
Okay, thanks guys.
I am so annoyed with myself :( How stupid am I....
The only thing I'm somewhat please about is that mum and dad forgive me and are willing to pay for an emergency spay if something goes wrong.

what about Ben? are they still going to let you get him? you might want to also start looking into homes...does you friend who was on here awhile ago still want a bun?

you might have a slight chance of her not being preggers,though. you saw them doing 'it' when you found out about Dippy being a boy and she never had babies then....i know it a long shot, but maybe....:?

Just maybe, *fingers crossed* and i will try and find possible homes in case she is pregnant, - maybe he just fell off becuase i scared him , lets just hoppe..

I know not everyone will agree with this, but I think it should be considered. Becca, if you are not prepared to deal with the cost and time involved with a litter and finding homes for the babies, then you may just want to consider an emergency spay now. I really think it would be less expensive in the long run.

We had to do that with a rescue intake that we suspected was pregnant. It turned out that she was pregnant with two kits. We were sad to have to do the spay, but we really didn't need anymore buns in rescue. When we have babies, we know that we are going to have them for at least four months (until they are old enough to be altered).

Obviously, your decision. But I just wanted to toss the idea out on the table.

Hopefully she isn't pregnant. But there is probably at least a 95% chance that she is.Good thing you saw. I hope you will be prepared when the time comes. You know we are here to help you.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I know not everyone will agree with this, but I think it should be considered. Becca, if you are not prepared to deal with the cost and time involved with a litter and finding homes for the babies, then you may just want to consider an emergency spay now.....................................

Obviously, your decision. But I just wanted to toss the idea out on the table.
yeah, i thought about saying something like that too, but i wasn't sure:?

I been thinking about it today at school, and I'm not being cocky but I think I am prepared and I reallyy want to take care of a litter of babies, Another thing is when the babies are born and fluffball will need the most care is in and near the christmas holidays, so I will be there.

Mum and dad are prepared to pay for anything we need and I am saving up for any vet bills, I also already have 2 people lined up for homes for the bunners if it happens.

I just hope you know what you are getting into. :?Placing rabbits in responsible and good homes is not as easy as it sounds. I know that just bybeingat a rabbit rescue. I hope you will be creating a adoption form for people to fill out and screening them carefully. Not to mention there is a chance of complications, so yes it is possible you could lose the babies and/or mother is such complications occur. Lets not forget, since this is her first litter, she could neglect them, forcing you to have to step in and bottle feed them (which isn't as fun as it sounds).

I'm not telling you what to do, just making sure you know what you are getting yourself into just because you, "want to take care of a litter of babies."

Becca wrote:
I been thinking about it today at school, and I'm not being cocky but I think I am prepared and I reallyy want to take care of a litter of babies, Another thing is when the babies are born and fluffball will need the most care is in and near the christmas holidays, so I will be there.

Mum and dad are prepared to pay for anything we need and I am saving up for any vet bills, I also already have 2 people lined up for homes for the bunners if it happens.

The babies and Fluffball will need the most care every day, not just on your christmas break ;) etc.

Hopefully if she is pregnant, that things will go smoothly. Mark you calendar and palpate her on 'her tenth day'. If you feel marble like objects, she is most likely pregnant. Research palpating though, as you don't want to harm the kits or the doewhen you palpate ;)

Emily

Latest posts

Back