BK very ill (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z208/lemonaxis/JBirthday223.jpg

Here it is possible to see just how emancipated a bun can get in a matter of days, BK's skin folds are fallen down to his feet!! Gosh I just don't know what I have got myself into...I am SO upset over giving him toxic foods and he is soo alone right now.

You should have seen how cuddly he was with me today. He is getting so much attention from the staff there as he is just such a sweety.

Still touch and go and will be for a while yet. He has to get to 1.8 kg asap.

Moral of the story: DON'T be an idiot like me! I thought BK was moulting and looked grumpy, turns out he was slowly dying! If bun looks unwell , go to the vet!!

Wow, Lisa! All that you have been through with BK just in the past few months. You and he are amazing. Know that many of us are thinking of and praying for BK, you, and your entire family. Your determination to work through the cat attack and now this is an inspiration!

Hugs,

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen...hello :) There is nothing I would not do for BK but some of the members are right to say that he is very tired now and even though my mind is screaming against the mere thought of him passing away, this little man has fought so long and hard that I just what whats best for him.

Last night I dreamt that he passed from me to somewhere else and strangely in my dream I was laughing with him. We found a game and it was priceless to see him so happy.

BK is a one in a million bun (now I know everyone thinks that of their bun so its only natural that I do too) but to see him like this is killing me. He needs to recover or I feel I may slip into depression again. Luckily I have my 3 kids to keep me sane and parenting like I love to or right now I would be hiding in a hole waiting for BK to come home.

I surely pray that with the help of the veterinarians and just the love and attention he's getting - he finds additional strength to keep going.

I know that if good vibes and thoughts of healing help - he's surely going to be better cause he has so many of us thinking of him.

I don't think its wrong to take pics of an ill bunny, sometimes we need to know we have those last pictures, juts incase, but with mine, they have haunted me, whenever i see them, so if ytou do keep them, try not to have them somewhere very accessible, just know they are there.

also, try ot to worry, or think about going basck into depression. if you do worry about it, or think, then you are more likely to accideentlyu, or subconsciously 'think' yourself into that state, so try to keep focusing on the positives, on your children, on BK as he keeps fighting, on all the good things arund you,.

If BK does die, it will be hatd, it will feel impossible, agony, so wretched, but you have a whole netwrok of poeple to support you and help you, you have your family, and you will also have a deoctor if you need one. if you do find yourself slipping back, then get yourself help asap, because the sooner you get help, the sooner you will feel better. also, maybe consider bereavement counselling.

I know telling you that iut's not your fault about the weeds or anything won't make it better, but hopefully in time youi will come to ease that guilt and reaslise it was not your fault, it ws a tragic set of circumstancers. You have always done, and will always do, the best you can by him, ans no one could ever ask for anymore.

BK is a fighter, he is clearly doing eveyrhing he can to keep fighting. he also clearlu loves you deeply and knows you love him. ive always felt something really speciual with bk because i lost my Flash, my best friend, my soul, to a cat attack and by surviving that he showed what a gutsy little man he is.

i know you dont' really know me, but if i can do anything at all, then feel frre to PM me.

I am glad to hear that he is not getting worse. :pray:praying that each moment that passes is a moment that he is getting stronger till he is 100%.

Lisa, don't call yourself an idiot. Things happen and you are definitely the best thing that has ever happened to him.:hug:

BK is one of the bravest little buns I know. I have been keeping my fingers crossed that he will pull through this somehow. You are also a very strong person to be handling so much right now. Hang in there.

Nadia

WOW!!! :shock: That's amazing!!! Great job BK!!! I think that your going to be okay little blue boy!!! :hug:

Oh my goodness...you and BK are truly amazing.

I was so ready to cry this morning for you both...and here I wake to find that he's alive, and you get more time with your boy! You and BK are truly meant for each other...what a perfect pair.

I'll continue my prayers...all these prayers from so many people aren't for nuthin!

I think you're totally fine taking pictures of your sweetie...and thank you for sharing them.

Just keep your hope alive...it is NEVER wasted!!

We're all right here with you, too...

:hearts

How are you doing today, Beeker Boy? I hope he's feeling better! I looked at the pictures, poor little hangy skin bunny. Pack on the pounds, babe!

Prayers and love for BK. Sometimes our animals can really amaze us as to what they can go through and survive, we are all praying for a happy ending to this story. I think we have all been through something similar to this situation with one of our fur kids, and you know you will have many sympathetic ears/shoulders no matter what happens.

:hug::pink iris::rainbow::grouphug :pray:

BK is an amazing guy!!! Plus, look how much positive energy he has going for him from this forum! Hang in there little guy!!! We love you. :)

Just got a chance to read this thread....WOW! I started crying, then smiling, now worrying...any news? Hang in there Lisa and BK....

Bk, you are an amazing soul.....you keep fighting for your mama

Lisa, please focus on what you've got right now. I know what that kind of "deep hole" depression is like, and how easy it sometimes is to fall back into that hole....we'll be praying that things continue to improve for sweet BK.....lots of healing prayers and love going out to BK and you!

Hi

I'm writing this on Lisa's behalf as she can't quite bring herself to write this, but she wanted you all to know that sadly poor BK passed away today. :bawl:

He died quite suddenly of a heart attack - apparently there was no pain.

We're all in shock - he was such a special bunny

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Please send her our thoughts and prayers.

I was so afraid after he did so well - he might have been rallying before he let go as so many do.

I know her heart is broken right now. I'm so very sad for her myself. :hug:

Latest posts

Back