ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on ZRabbits:

It was definitely warm yesterday. Hit the 90's. Bunnies all did well. My husband had the windows open, fans going. It only got up to 87 in the house.

Groomed and clipped nails last night. While they were sitting on my lap, I had an ice pack wrapped in a towel. All the bunnies enjoyed the coolness so it was easy to groom and clip nails. lol.

Jake is doing much better. Getting stronger every day. The heat slowed him down a bit yesterday, but he handled it.

Cooler today and it's going to keep getting cooler as the week progresses. Sunday they calling for thunderstorms through Tuesday. Strange weather.

K:)

I just saw this, and thought of you. Not sure if you're looking for another bun or two to add to your herd or not.

I am doing a large sell-out of my Lionhead rabbitry, and while I'm petting out some of my rabbits, and selling some to people who are looking for show quality rabbits on craigslist, there are a few that I want to know where they're going. If you're interested in a blue senior doe (proven), message me. I also may have a few others; waiting on a decision from another breeder. I also have many other rabbits that I'm not as attached to available. All my rabbits are Lionheads and I have REWs, pointeds, blue, and black. I have a wonderful REW brood doe available.

wendymac wrote:
I just saw this, and thought of you. Not sure if you're looking for another bun or two to add to your herd or not.

I am doing a large sell-out of my Lionhead rabbitry, and while I'm petting out some of my rabbits, and selling some to people who are looking for show quality rabbits on craigslist, there are a few that I want to know where they're going. If you're interested in a blue senior doe (proven), message me. I also may have a few others; waiting on a decision from another breeder. I also have many other rabbits that I'm not as attached to available. All my rabbits are Lionheads and I have REWs, pointeds, blue, and black. I have a wonderful REW brood doe available.

You peaked my interest Wendy. Where do I get the info to contact this person? If you know, just PM me.

Thanks for thinking of me! The blue and black sounds interesting.

Update on ZRabbits:

Things are kind of getting back to the normal routine since Jake got sick. Jake is doing superb. He's back to his ole self. Still on the special diet but keeping everything down and his poops are starting to form again. He' got that ole spark back in his eyes.

Bunnies have all been doing well. All are molting so all are getting extra hay and more grooming. Willard was taken off ACV because he recently backed off his water intact. That one warm day threw him off. So we will start from the beginning again. Dobby did the same thing to us. Nothing major, just start the slow process of building the ACV up again.

The babies are growing up. Neville is getting bigger by the minute. And I have to say so is Luna. She is just so different than the boys. It's just fun to watch her. Very demanding now in the morning. She sits up on her hay hut and observes me every time I hand out pellets. She doesn't miss a thing. Still rearranges everything the way she likes it. The hay hut is all over that crate. Never know what spot it will be when you next see it. She's also tearing it up, which is good exercise for her. Plus good for her teeth.

Looking forward to the weekend to work in the garden and really get to play with my bunnies. The weather is getting chilly again so we are hoping for at least one day where we can work outside and bring the "Tribe" out for some fresh air and sunshine in the temporary x-pen. Really can't wait until the Bunny Run/Garden is complete. What my husband has in store for the "Tribe" will be fun for them.

Getting all our seeds together. Will start germination at the end of the month so they will be ready for planting outside mid May. Can't wait for the garden to produce. Right now we have to buy the greens. Willard loves his greens and another source of water for our guy. I like what we grow vs what we buy. I know then that everything is safe.

Update on ZRabbits:

Last night felt good. Finally getting back into the routine since Jake got sick. It was so good to see Dobby running around last night. The babies had a ball in their x-pen. Kreacher and Willard had their time out with me. Lots of grooming because of all the molting.

Neville is hitting that teenage phase big time. The boy is marking everything. 4 days shy of 4 months. I remember how the it was like a switch being snapped on right near 4 months for Dobby and Kreacher. All the mounting and marking that just appeared over night. Well Neville is at that stage now. What a mess the x-pen was with "territory poop" everywhere. Plus "pee" marking the house we put in there, making sure all know it's his. Neville is also realizing there is a doe in the midst. His future girlfriend Luna. As I want to breed these two, I just have to put up with the marking. Hopefully, as Willard has done, once maturity hits in, there might be a change. If not, I'll deal with it. I'm the one that once to breed, and it's not the fault of an intact male.

Also while grooming, Neville realized he can jump down from my lap with ease. Did it twice to me. He's learning that being picked up isn't too bad, but will struggle when HE'S done with being held. Work in progress. Again if I continue doing what I'm doing, maturity level will hit at 1 year as it did with Dobby, Kreacher and Willard. Teenage months are a bear, but it's part of the life of a bunny.

Need to get new photos of Neville. He's just growing like a weed. And his mane is really coming in nicely. I really can't wait to see when his coat is fully in and he looses that baby coat. It should be coming soon. I know Dobby and Kreacher started around 4 months of age. But I know all bunnies are different. I just have to watch with the wool and no wool block happens. Neville really likes his hay and is eating it very well. Plus with the grooming, I'm doing the best I can to NOT have any wool block issues for both Neville and Luna.

Luna is turning into such a piece of work. Definitely different than my boys. I keep saying that, but it so true. She's very curious, very active, and very demanding. She doesn't like something, she will let you know with a very loud thump. She is very impatient when getting her food. I will put her food in her bowl and she will attempt to help me move the bowl to where she wants it. Not where I put it. Her hay hut is moved all over the crate constantly. It's never in the same place twice. And she loves to sit on it and see what's going on. Especially at feed time. Her mane is coming in really nice and she has this very unique "unicorn hair spike" on her nose. Looks cool. Found new color on her tail that I didn't see before. The grooming is getting more easier with her. She's learning to sit still on my lap, but if she takes clues from Neville, she will be jumping off it as well.

Have not cut any of the babies nails. Am trying embory board. The other nail clippings for the bigger buns go really well. I love how Dobby will now lay still on his back in my lap until I'm done. He's such a pleasure to deal with. Still trying to get Willard and Kreacher to stay still but again, work in progress.

Back off completely with the ACV. Just a temporary thing to give them a break. But boy does it get stinky quickly now. Full urine smell. That's why litter boxes are changed now every two days. Hey, it is what it is.

All in all, everything is going very well here. Bunnies are doing well. Jake is getting back to his ole self. Just now need to make appointments with Dr. Joe for well visits for my tribe. Got to make sure all are healthy. Gives me the best peace of mind.

I hear you on the grooming; Matthias is giving me a run for my money when it's time to brush. I've started approaching him with a jar of cheerios/raisins mixed and I give him one for coming to me and another for letting me brush him.

I need to pick up an emory board for his wee nails. They are black. I've never had a bunny with black nails before. My dog's nails are black but we dremmel them. I have no idea how to spell "dremmel" ha.

Molly and Gubbs are loving their new house bunny statuses. We started gating Matthias in the bathroom again because it's unnerving to wake up to BOO!RABBITINYOURFACE! :)

Glad things are going well in your tribe and Jake's feeling better! Troy has a hot spot on his knee...we had to shave around it and boy has he been sulking yesterday and today :( Poor thing.

Samara wrote:
I hear you on the grooming; Matthias is giving me a run for my money when it's time to brush. I've started approaching him with a jar of cheerios/raisins mixed and I give him one for coming to me and another for letting me brush him.

I need to pick up an emory board for his wee nails. They are black. I've never had a bunny with black nails before. My dog's nails are black but we dremmel them. I have no idea how to spell "dremmel" ha.

Molly and Gubbs are loving their new house bunny statuses. We started gating Matthias in the bathroom again because it's unnerving to wake up to BOO!RABBITINYOURFACE! :)

Glad things are going well in your tribe and Jake's feeling better! Troy has a hot spot on his knee...we had to shave around it and boy has he been sulking yesterday and today :( Poor thing.
Not the spelling police. lol Do the same thing with Jake's nails. Truly can't stand black nails but it is what it is. Emory board is a slow process but it's better than those sharp baby nails.

Awwww, you don't like BOO! RABBITINYOURFACE? lol I would have to admit it would be a bit unnerving. Look at what poor Marisa went through with Tobey's version.

Excellent to hear about Molly and Gubbs! Pretty soon all three will be bonded and your bathroom will be your own again. Cheering you on!

Sorry to hear about Troy. Hope his hot spot clears up soon. Jake sulks to, but I kind of let it go. He's been through a lot and some things he just doesn't understand.

Update on ZRabbits:

Here's our Dobby, better known as ZRabbit's "House" Bunny.
BUNNYS1800.jpg

He's the Leader of our Tribe of Bunnies

His favorite time of day is getting raisins from my Husband, Dobby's Best Buddy

My husband has taught Dobby how to stand and get his raisins.
BUNNYS1798.jpg

Also Dobby is not to keen with the flash of the camera as you can see he's tolerating it at best while getting his raisins. He knows how much I love to take pics. lol
BUNNYS1801.jpg

Most of time, Dobby loves to just lay around after a little exploring and then have a nice "cleaning" session where he grooms himself from the tips of his ears to the tip of his little fluffy tail
BUNNYS1790.jpg

And is always my Curious Boy!
BUNNYS1792.jpg

Dobby is part of the team of our first venture into bunnies. It will be a year June 4th that these two little unknowns stole our hearts. It's been a blast and quite an education.

Dobby still is not comfortable with being picked up. He's just not a "hold" bunny. Truly likes his freedom. He is learning to tolerate being picked up and snuggled a bit. I still get the grunts which I'm finding that's just our Dobby. He's vocal about certain things. Dobby is just a pleasure during grooming. You lay him on his back in your lap and he just melts. Dobby is very attached, not only to my husband, but to our dog Jake. I was really surprised how upset Dobby was when Jake got sick. Don't know whether Dobby sensed the issue with Jake or actually knew Jake was ill, but Dobby did get very upset. This is the same bunny who gave me the cold shoulder when we went to get Neville. It was the first time we had been away from our boys for any period of time, other than work. I couldn't believe how upset he was. It took me some time, sitting and talking to him, until he relaxed and actually acknowledged me. Also he alerted me regarding Neville when we came home with Luna. He was acting strange, very strange which alerted me to something wrong with the Tribe. And unfortunately it was Neville with the Wry Neck.

Dobby loves his schedule. He's our bunny that gets upset if a schedule is changed. We have seen when we don't get them out for a morning run, that he will once out at night go right to my husband's chair in the kitchen and wait for his missed raisins. It's a hoot. Dobby loves being set free and has found various places of comfort. He now follows Jake when "rustling" from the kitchen occurs. It's just funny to turn around and see Jake as well as Dobby sitting there looking up saying, "How about me?". Dobby is learning to stay out from underfoot. He waits until my husband sits down, before he approaches. It's like he knows not to get underfoot. He's never been stepped on, thankfully. It's like he figured it out by himself. He's learned to wait instead of rushing right up.

Dobby is so laid back that the other bunnies do not upset him. Nor does he show any concern. Dobby does well living next to Willard. It's nice to see them sit side by side in their crates. Like Brothers in Arms. I've seen Dobby approach Kreacher's crate and there is only interest. I think once the garden/bunny run is complete, I might experiment and try reuniting Dobby and Kreacher. Not to live together, but just romp around the garden. They were really good together when they were younger, just had a glitch with the "barber incident". Now that they are both 1 year old and have settled into their sweet personalities, I'm hoping things go well.

Dobby was my first pick. So glad I made that choice. He is such a huge asset to my Tribe and my education on what bunnies really are and do.

Dobby is so cute!! I love the shot with his eyes closed, getting his raisin. What is his coloring called?

How's Jake feeling? Is he back to his Bunny Watchin' self?

wendymac wrote:
Dobby is so cute!! I love the shot with his eyes closed, getting his raisin. What is his coloring called?

How's Jake feeling? Is he back to his Bunny Watchin' self?
Sable Marten is the name of his coloring.

Thanks so much for asking about Jake. Definitely getting back to his "Bunny Watchin'" self. All we need now is put some weight back on him.

Update on ZRabbits

Here's our Willard, who is also known as "Bunny Bear"
BUNNYS1818.jpg

Also a big fan of Raisins and has learned the same trick as Dobby
BUNNYS1810.jpg

BUNNYS1815.jpg

This is a "every day" habit. Willard "chin marks" all my husband's shoes. They are truly sole mates!
BUNNYS1823.jpg

Always get this look, like "What do you want now with that thing."
BUNNYS1821.jpg

And truly is my "Energizer" Bunny. Always on the move.
BUNNYS1825.jpg

Willard came to us via an exotic shop and my husband's plea of "please let's take him home". They connected right off the bat. I was a little nervous because we didn't really know his background, but how can you say No to that face.

I have found it has taken me a bit longer to bond to Willard. Gaining his trust was made a bit easier because he's such a sweet, forgiving guy. And his past really didn't affect him. He just settled into the routine of the Tribe like he had been there since he was a baby like Dobby and Kreacher. He shows no aggression against any of the bunnies, but I haven't put them in that position to find out. Willard has no issues with Dobby who's crate is right next to him. And I found out he loves to sit on his shelf in his crate and watch the babies in the x-pen. No aggression, just curious.

My husband and I feel that we really don't need to neuter Willard. No "dirty habits" like Dr. Joe stated has occurred. We do keep his running in the kitchen. He will mark with pee, YUK near the crates in the living room. I'm finding Neville is starting that habit as well. So far since Luna has been here, Willard just curious. No problems as of yet, but will just keep an eye as Luna matures.

Our "Bunny Bear" is our enforcer of the Tribe. He will stomp to let all know something is different. He's just a neat, compact rabbit that will just give you a look that will make you melt. Definitely October 8th, Willard's Gotcha Day, was not just lucky for this rescued bunny, but truly life changing for my Husband. Willard got him to REALLY look and love bunnies. We were lucky that day!

Update on ZRabbits:

Here's our Kreacher. Better known now as "Snuggles". Used to be Mr. Attitude, but since he's turn that 1 year, he's really loves the interaction.

BUNNYS1839.jpg

Kreacher was a little sickly when we got him, but has turned into a very healthy bunny. Learned a lot of lessons from this little guy. Not nice ones, but ones that definitely help if something bad goes wrong health wise. Already proved that Kreacher education with Neville.

I truly love this face.

BUNNYS1832.jpg

Kreacher was the "here's another male that you want." Though I picked Dobby, Kreacher was just handed to me. Our first meeting, he was just so tiny. But definitely curious. So much so, he was licking my husband's thumb and took a tiny taste of his thumb nail.

He was always curious and still is. Got out on me yesterday, through a tiny opening of the gate we put up.
BUNNYS1866.jpg

And yes, Jake was there watching his bunnies. But he's so used to having bunnies on the floor, he just watched Kreacher sneak through and binkying around the room.

Today I was more careful with the gate BUT:

Here he is checking out his escape
BUNNYS1861.jpg

Carefully going towards the gate
BUNNYS1867.jpg

And the look of being caught this time by me
BUNNYS1871.jpg

Kreacher is definitely the top "cleaner" in our tribe. I just love to watch him do his cleaning ritual. And take pics.
BUNNYS1851.jpg

BUNNYS1852.jpg

Kreacher's favorite thing in his crate now is his "Wubbie". His blanket. When he was younger, he, like Dobby would tear up their towels or blankets. Had to stop putting them in their crates. Switched to cardboard. But since I've moved Kreacher's crate to the lowest level of the stack he's enjoyed snuggling with this "wubbie". My husband laughs when I call his towel that, but he does like it. He moves it to wherever he likes to lay down at.

Kreacher has been very curious with the babies too in their x-pen. And also has been nice if Neville approaches his crate. No hissing. Just curious. I'm interested to see what Kreacher does when he's out in the garden/bunny run. Maybe he'll be able to play with Dobby again. If not, I know he enjoys a snuggle with Mom.

candykittten wrote:
Thank you for sharing! I really enjoy the stories and pictures you post of your little ones. Keep up the good work!
Thanks so much. I really enjoy snapping the pics and experiencing the stories.

Back