ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jake is holding his own. He got some rest last night. Looks a bit better, but still down and weak. Started boiling chicken breast and rice and will give tastes throughout the day till tonight. He's on pepto bismal, two tablets three times a day. Last night he only threw up once, early in the evening, and then rested. Did get some ice cubes and held that down so that's a really good sign. Now we just have to get his strength back.

Thanks to all who have Jake in their thoughts!

K:)

Poor Jake baby. When the years creep up they creep up fast. Glad he's doing a little better. Prayers he's up and bouncing very soon.

Thanks all for your well wishing for our Jake.

Sunday morning he looks a little better. He was out all day with us in the backyard while we worked on the garden and cleaning up the yard. Not much romping, but he did relax. Not throwing up so far. Keeping the ice cubes down. Which is good. Hasn't eaten yet. Will try to see if he eats today. Hopefully just a little bit. He just refused everything yesterday. But he did keep down the water which is a good thing. And in the right direction.

I guess this what you call "baby steps". I just want my Bunny Watcher back to the way he was.

K:(

I wrote Jake a poem:

Some bunnies are red,
Other bunnies are blue,
Jake is the best bunny watcher,
Potato.

:whistling

Thanks All for the Cheers! And Sammy, cute poem.

We all had a very good day yesterday. Here's some of the photos of the fun.

Kreacher
BUNNYS1739.jpg

BUNNYS1741.jpg

BUNNYS1739.jpg

BUNNYS1724.jpg

Willard
BUNNYS1668.jpg

BUNNYS1686.jpg

BUNNYS1678.jpg

Dobby

BUNNYS1638.jpg

BUNNYS1642.jpg

BUNNYS1650.jpg

BUNNYS1713.jpg

Jake is doing so much better. Enjoyed watching his bunnies have a good time!

LOVE the pictures! I'm jealous of your action shots, haha. I can never get Gubbs playing with his toys or any of their epic binkies.

So cool :D

Glad Jake is doing better! (boops his nose) :pet:

Samara wrote:
LOVE the pictures! I'm jealous of your action shots, haha. I can never get Gubbs playing with his toys or any of their epic binkies.

So cool :D

Glad Jake is doing better! (boops his nose) :pet:

These are my first actions shots. My husband taught me to "live through the view finder" and try to anticipate. You can do that. It's tough to watch the bunnies through the viewfinder, but you can do it in time. If I can get these kinds of shots, so can you. Just takes patience.

This was their first time out this Spring. It was just heartwarming to see them play and Jake be himself.

Thanks so much for all your support. Will give Jake a big Hug from Sammy.

Awesome pictures!!! I love the one of Willard digging, then bathing. Like, "Darn, got my fur dirty." LOL

So glad Jake is feeling better. He always has such cute facial expressions in the pics.

wendymac wrote:
Awesome pictures!!! I love the one of Willard digging, then bathing. Like, "Darn, got my fur dirty." LOL

So glad Jake is feeling better. He always has such cute facial expressions in the pics.

Willard is our digger. You should have seen the hole he dug. I tried to get a pic of all the dirt on his face, but he started cleaning himself. He had a ball. I just have to watch him though. lol My husband said it's the tunnel to China.

Thanks for your well wishes for our Jake. He's our sweetie. Love his facial expressions too.

Samara wrote:
What "official" color is Willard?

We think he's a Siamese Sable. No "official" color for him because he's a rescue.

He's really dark in those pic because he's molting right now. He's usually a rich brown color with black face ears, tail and legs, with a beautiful cream color on his belly.

My guys haven't molted yet, but I remember Bailey molting. I have pictures around here somewhere of a bald patch on his forehead. It was hilarious. I'll dig them up tonight. :)

Samara wrote:
He's so gorgeous. I want to scoop him up and :run: away with him for my tribe, hehe.

You will have to get passed my Husband. That's his "Bunny Bear". lol

Willard is gorgeous and such a sweet guy. We had no idea about his background but he stole my husband's heart when they first met. Even intacted, he's so mellow. At first he wasa little bit nervous with me because he bonded so fast with my husband, but now I even get cuddles.

Back