ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samara wrote:
I hear you on the spring cleaning. Can't wait to see the garden/bun run pictures!

I'm sorry about the drama at work; I left my last job because of drama. I filed a complaint with HR but left feeling very unsatisfied. :( No fun at all. Stuff like that makes it hard to leave work at work and not bring it home at night when you need most to relax before bed.

Glad the buns are doing great! :D

Gubby is back on his feet, thanks for asking. He's still on antibiotics (10 day cycle 2x a day), but he likes the taste so I don't have to pick him at all to administer them. I've been making fun, tasty slurries in my 3-cup chopper for he and the rest lately. Today was oatmeal, water, probiotics, mixed veggies from the freezer sans the corn, and fig!

I wish Critical Care wasn't so darn expensive. Ohh I'll pay it, but I'll grumble when I do. :p
Thanks, been tough. Completely drains everything good out of life when drama is prevalent. Keeping my head down and doing my job. Whatever happens, happens. But I know it's not me what ever happens. PC World is like that. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Seems to be a little odd. Don't know how you can run an affective business when the "who" doesn't know the "what". Just hanging in there until whatever happens. Good or bad, we will make it.

Glad to hear Gubby is back on his feet. Understand about the grumbling of expensive Critical Care, but they are worth it in the end.

K:)

Update on ZRabbits

Gardens ready for planting. The bunny run is growing grass. The Tribe enjoyed their new run on Saturday. Wiped them all out! Lovely day, lots of binkys, lots of digging, lots of Bunny 500's and just all out running. They had a ball!

Hopefully the weather is nice this weekend so we can get the planting done and bunnies can enjoy their run again.

Update on ZRabbits:

Haven't been on my blog for a bit. Lots of things going on. Dealing with life and work.

Best Note today: 22 years of Marriage to the same PIA. lol But don't know what I would do without him.

Here's some pics of our start with the bunny run/garden. Already changed and will post current pics later. Very thrilled with what my Better Half did.

BUNNYS1963.jpg

BUNNYS1965.jpg

BUNNYS1969.jpg

Doesn't look like much here, but wait until you see the finished project. Already have nice grass in the bunny run. Will be planting in the garden this Sunday. Can't wait. None of our growth will be GM's. My husband hates them and what they have done.

Also finally got pics of Willard snoozing. This boy really knows how to relax.

BUNNYS1950.jpg

BUNNYS1954.jpg

So thrilled my Bunny Bear has become comfortable in our home. This rescue definitely deserves it. What an absolute sweetheart he is.

Also a few pics of Dobby, our "House" Bunny out and about.

BUNNYS1959.jpg

BUNNYS1961.jpg

Going to be a gorgeous day here. Will be getting the bunnies out in the run and will take more pics and enjoy watching them enjoy their space outside.

The bunny run is looking great! What kind of fencing are you using?

The boys are so cute! Love the picture of Willard snoozing. He has it rough. LOL

What are GMs?

wendymac wrote:
The bunny run is looking great! What kind of fencing are you using?

The boys are so cute! Love the picture of Willard snoozing. He has it rough. LOL

What are GMs?
There are three types of fencing. A standard metal barrier fence, along with chicken wire and then a plastic dark surround. All dug in so that bunnies, especially Willard our digger can get out.

GM's are genetically modified seeds. Don't like them.

Can't wait till you see them out in their run. The finished project really looks good and they really love the space. Lots of binkies and Bunny 500's. They really stretch their legs.

Aaaaaw love the bunny run! I wish I had a back yard like that for Harvey. Now will the fence go all the way to the top of those posts?

Oooh I would just love to rub Dobby's fluffy cheeks. Handsome little man :)

Update on ZRabbits:

Had a nice day yesterday. So did the bunnies. Here are updated pics of their bunny run. Still a work in progress.

BUNNYS1975.jpg

BUNNYS2002.jpg

BUNNYS1973.jpg

Dobby loves the grass. Yummy!

BUNNYS1998.jpg

Bunny Bear's favorite activity in the bunny run. Digging

BUNNYS2027.jpg

Kreacher loves his taste of clover. Better Half put a plug of it in the bunny run from our lawn.

BUNNYS2044.jpg

Neville and Luna love it.

BUNNYS2083.jpg

BUNNYS2147.jpg

Also it looks like my Neville is now molting and his saddle is coming in. YAY!

BUNNYS2107.jpg

Plans to have more fun in the bunny run today. Also will be venturing out to get our plants for the garden. Can't wait until we get that started!

MagPie wrote:
Aaaaaw love the bunny run! I wish I had a back yard like that for Harvey. Now will the fence go all the way to the top of those posts?

Oooh I would just love to rub Dobby's fluffy cheeks. Handsome little man :)
I've posted more pics showing the fence. The only fence they could jump over is the one between the run and the garden. No big deal if they do. They will always be supervised when outside. Better Half just said when it's time to clean the gutters, and we have the ladders out, I can take some aerials so you can really see the fencing. We have a big umbrella that we can put up too if predators above take note. We do have hawks and falcons here. Thankfully, they prefer squirrel, which we have an abundance of. But better safe than sorry though. My Better Half really thought it out. Really thrilled on how it turned out.

Dobby is definitely our handsome little man. He's really turned out to be such a good bunny. Such a pleasure.

Nice day yesterday, but wind was a bit chilly so the bunnies stayed inside. Cleaned all their crates. Better Half had a chance to hold each bunny while I cleaned. Our Tribe doesn't mind snuggling with Better Half while I get their homes nice and clean.

Have to say the bunny run is a success. Still have plans for it. The chicken coop that we got for our first bunny cage has been set up to the fence. Better Half has plans to attach it to the bunny run and make a ramp so the bunnies can go up in it.

BUNNYS2091.jpg

None of the bunnies have gone through the tubes. Dobby has been the only one to explore inside them. But the bunnies are having a ball jumping over them. Hey, maybe agility is in their future? Could be interesting to set something up and see if any of them get the agility bug.

Also the bunny run/garden isn't the only project we started. The grow room for winter planting is turning out really well. Better Half has it painted and will probably set up the lighting this weekend. Once we get that going, we will definitely have fresh veggies for our Tribe all year round. Will get pics of that project on here soon.

Enjoyed the weekend with our bunnies. They are all doing so well. Looking forward to the long holiday weekend coming. Have plans to set up the outside enclosure for us so that we can spend more time outside with the bunnies.

Well it's Monday, time for work. Hoping this week goes by fast so that I can enjoy the weekend with my Better Half and my Bunny Tribe!

Samara wrote:
:hugsquish: Everything looks amazing! I' m jealous!

Thanks Sammy! I'll definitely let my Better Half know you think it's amazing. He was just asking me this morning if anyone thought it looked good.

He's been talking to me about this run all winter, and now that he's got it almost completed, I'm just thrilled with it. All the bunnies are too! We had a temp up but really wanted to expand it.

Looking forward to spending as much time out there with our bunnies. It seems we have found our "peaceful sanctuary" in our backyard.

Definitely let That Half know :D

I know what you mean about having a peaceful sanctuary. Mine is a little unorthodox... I love to swim in the river next to my house; my peaceful place is slapping on some goggles and diving under the water. I love watching the bubbles go up over my head, or following wee fishes. So much fun.

You know, till Troy comes bounding out to where I am frantically pawing the water trying to find me. If you've ever had a 93lb dog on your shoulders, with 5 of his 6 ends being pointy, you'll understand my [shudder].

I lOVE that he transplanted the bit of clover. That's something I totally would have done. I want to start growing some on my back deck for the buns. It's the weirdest thing that none grows naturally around where I am. Must be something in the soil.

Samara wrote:
Definitely let That Half know :D

I know what you mean about having a peaceful sanctuary. Mine is a little unorthodox... I love to swim in the river next to my house; my peaceful place is slapping on some goggles and diving under the water. I love watching the bubbles go up over my head, or following wee fishes. So much fun.

You know, till Troy comes bounding out to where I am frantically pawing the water trying to find me. If you've ever had a 93lb dog on your shoulders, with 5 of his 6 ends being pointy, you'll understand my [shudder].

I lOVE that he transplanted the bit of clover. That's something I totally would have done. I want to start growing some on my back deck for the buns. It's the weirdest thing that none grows naturally around where I am. Must be something in the soil.

Definitely not unorthodox to me. Know all about how peaceful it is underwater. Both me and my Better Half are ex-rescue scuba divers. Used to love going under and seeing the fish, lobsters, and shipwrecks. Was just so peaceful until my Better Half decided to hum "Under Pressure" while we were diving.Would get me humming along too. lol

So glad he transplanted the clover too. Our bunnies love it and it is now thriving in the run. You definitely should start a grow box on your deck.

Ex-rescue scuba divers? Mind = blown. That's so cool! I've never been scuba diving. I've always wondered what it was like. Every time I think about it the movie Abyss pops into my head.

Samara wrote:
Ex-rescue scuba divers? Mind = blown. That's so cool! I've never been scuba diving. I've always wondered what it was like. Every time I think about it the movie Abyss pops into my head.

I absolutely LOVED scuba diving. My Better Half got me involved when we started dating. Haven't done it in a bit duemy Better Half'sspinal fusion. You really have to watch your saturation level, especially with surgery on the boneor you could get the bends no matter how careful you are. And you definitely don't want the bends. Had to take a friend of ours to Unniversary of PA to the pressure chamber at 1:00 AM in the morning because he was stupid and pushed the line.

Love that move Abyss too. One of our favs.

I can't even imagine. Eek.

On a random note, I watched the 2011 version of Coriolanus this weekend and it was very well done! Bloody, but well done. Ralph Fiennes directed it and also played Caius. If Shakespeare is your thing, check it out! It was done including modern technology.

Samara wrote:
I can't even imagine. Eek.

On a random note, I watched the 2011 version of Coriolanus this weekend and it was very well done! Bloody, but well done. Ralph Fiennes directed it and also played Caius. If Shakespeare is your thing, check it out! It was done including modern technology.

I'll have to check it out. Love Ralph Fiennes' acting abilityand do enjoy Shakespeare.Bloody doesn't bother me.

Did you watchit on cable or did you rent DVD?

Latest posts

Back