ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
qtipthebun wrote:
Is there any chance of making Dobby a free-roaming housebunny all the time? or would the others get too jealous?

Been working on it. And so far no jealousy issues from the other bunnies. Dobby is up to 3-4 hours a day. We just don't allow him under the other crates. Willard definitely doesn't like that. Also working on a plan to lowerDobby'scrate (take it off the stand) and he would be able to go in and out as he pleases.

Looks like Dobby will be our free-roaming housebunny. Never thought I would do something like this until I came to RO. He's just a pleasure when he's out and about. Truly a gentleman.

K:)

Update on ZRabbits

Garden/Bunny Run Progress:

Here's a few pics of what we have accomplished so far.

Whole View:
BUNNYS1554.jpg

Future Bunny Run
BUNNYS1559.jpg

Garden Portion
BUNNYS1560.jpg

Strawberry plant already flowering
BUNNYS1553.jpg

Plans for Impatiens (planting in May) Begonias didn't do well there last year.
BUNNYS1563.jpg

Always plant Impatiens here, to honor Henry's beloved pets.
BUNNYS1565.jpg

Can't forget to share a pic of my Favorite Tree. Love My Dogwood. She looks so pretty this time of year.
BUNNYS1581.jpg

And also can't forget my helper! Watches everything!
BUNNYS1583.jpg

Ooooh jealous of that bunny run. I think you'll like having a free roaming housebunny. Harvey is pretty much out when I am home. I trust the cats enough with him when I am home. He goes in his home when I sleep or am at work. I think he'd get into trouble if I wasn't watching. But it's fun watching him run out his energy being a crazy wild man doing bunny laps around my apartment. He also likes my blinds, they make great noise.

I was thinking it would be nice to have him in my bedroom free roam all the time. But I'd have to work out something else with the cat boxes. Plus this morning he was being naughty and digging in my sheets and pillows.

BUNNYS1100.jpg

Our Bunny with an Attitude has grown up. What a gentleman he is now.

Our neighbors, a young couple, who we really enjoy being around, had their Easter Family Gathering. Jackie, our neighbor, loves our bunnies and wanted her nieces to meet our bunnies. Jackie wanted them to see Neville, but it was bit breezy and chilly out yesterday so Neville wasn't going out. Not yet. So I brought out Kreacher for the girls to meet. Well, he was so good with them. Jackie's nieces got to pet him, touch his feet, his ears, and made a big fuss over him. Kreacher was an absolute gentleman. Lots of hands on him at one time, and not even a flinch or any hesitation to participate. He is a wonderful representative of our Tribe. And the girls just loved him. I explained to the girls if they were over at Aunt Jackie's during the nice weather, the bunnies would be out and they would more than be welcomed to sit in the run with them and get to know all of them. But all in all, Kreacher has turned out to be such a gentleman with NO Attitude. Fooled me. I thought he would be unapproachable to no one but us. He enjoyed the contact as much as the girls did. This was truly good to see.

Oh well, Monday is here. Time for work for both of us. Me behind a desk, and my Husband working on a multi-family foundation project.

Another week, another dime to survive on. Have a Nice Day. Stay safe.

Did some video of the babies.

As you can see, Neville is now LEVEL once again. And doing very well. Thanks Dr. Joe.

And can't forget the little girl we have. Luna is doing very well also. Here she is on her morning run.

Hope you enjoy!

The bunny run is going to be awesome!! They're going to have a blast in there, digging and binking around.

That's great that Neville is level again. He's so adorable...makes me want to pick him up and squeeze him, and hug him, but I won't call him George. LOL

Luna is so cute!! I love the exclamation mark on her back. Too adorable!

Great news about Kreacher. It sounds like he had just as much fun as the girls did.

I love Dogwood trees! I wanted to get one planted here, but 11 years later, still no Dogwood tree.

wendymac wrote:
The bunny run is going to be awesome!! They're going to have a blast in there, digging and binking around.

That's great that Neville is level again. He's so adorable...makes me want to pick him up and squeeze him, and hug him, but I won't call him George. LOL

Luna is so cute!! I love the exclamation mark on her back. Too adorable!

Great news about Kreacher. It sounds like he had just as much fun as the girls did.

I love Dogwood trees! I wanted to get one planted here, but 11 years later, still no Dogwood tree.
Yea, my husband is doing a great job. He's been planning this new garden/bunny run all winter for them. He plans on planting wheat grass in the bunny run for them to snack on when out there. Really looking forward to getting the babies out there. The older bunnies had a ball in their run last year.

We are SOOO relieved that Neville is doing so well and the head tilt is a thing of the past. Love Luna's marking too. Her mane is also coming in really well. You can really see the difference between the two videos we posted.

Yep, I do think Kreacher enjoyed the visit as much as the girls did. He really was very calm having strange hands on him. Something I was leery about when I brought him out, but he proved me wrong.

Love my dogwood. Have watched her grow for 23 years. She always impresses me at this time of year. Her flowers don't last that long, but she leaves a nice shaded area for us to be able to bring the bunnies out in a temp run to enjoy the clover.

That is going to be an amazing run and great videos! Luna is just a little sweetheart and neville is adorable! Their manes are coming in nicely you can really tell now that they are lionheads rather than little puffball babies.

wendymac wrote:
They can't eat too much wheat grass? Or is that basically like regular grass, so it won't hurt them?

In moderation, just like any vegetable you give a rabbit. The whole run won't be covered in wheat grass, but only a row. And our bunnies will be supervised so both of us will watch how much they eat.

Too much of a good thing will hurt any bunny. Moderation is the key.

LindseyG wrote:
That is going to be an amazing run and great videos! Luna is just a little sweetheart and neville is adorable! Their manes are coming in nicely you can really tell now that they are lionheads rather than little puffball babies.

Thanks! Can't wait to get the bunnies in their new run.

Yea, I'm thrilled to see my babies turning into Lion Heads.Now to see what they truly look like once they shed their baby fur. Now, that should be interesting.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if it was like a regular grass. And also thought the whole thing was going to be wheat grass. Good thing I asked. LOL

Just thought I would drop by and say hello since I'm posting on RO =)

I'm very happy to hear that Neville has completed his meds and is recovering very well! Love his mane. He seems quite energetic in the video. Luna is a lovable puff-ball! And appears to be so inquisitive and curious in the video. I am tempted to grab her through the screen. (Really good timing that you would just post those videos.)

It is so wonderful that Dobby is becoming more of a house-bunny. I hope you get to see more of those "big" binkies. My buns try to out-compete each other on binky-dash combinations until they tucker themselves out. Those high-flying binkies make me smile everyday.

mrbunny wrote:
Just thought I would drop by and say hello since I'm posting on RO =)

I'm very happy to hear that Neville has completed his meds and is recovering very well! Love his mane. He seems quite energetic in the video. Luna is a lovable puff-ball! And appears to be so inquisitive and curious in the video. I am tempted to grab her through the screen. (Really good timing that you would just post those videos.)

It is so wonderful that Dobby is becoming more of a house-bunny. I hope you get to see more of those "big" binkies. My buns try to out-compete each other on binky-dash combinations until they tucker themselves out. Those high-flying binkies make me smile everyday.
Truly glad you stopped by. Always good to hear from you.

Thanks so much for all your sweet comments. And yes Dobby is getting into those "big" binkies you speak of. Even from a standstill. Amazing height. And the dash to wherever. Does bring a smile to our faces.

Update on ZRabbits

Guess who are 1 year old today!

Happy Birthday Dobby and Kreacher

Kreacher then
BUNNYS006.jpg

And now 1 year old
BUNNYS123.jpg

Dobby then
BUNNYS003.jpg

And now 1 year old
BUNNYS659.jpg

What a experience it has been with these two. Our first bunnies. They have taught us so much on what bunnies are all about. Both good and bad.

Wishing them many more Happy Birthdays!

Well guess who is starting teenage months. Or should I say teenage attitudes. Yes, Neville has hit those growing years. What an attitude I got last night. Was waiting for it since I went through those teenage attitudes with Dobby and Kreacher. But I have to say Neville is quicker than any of my bunnies. He's very wired. Instant on and will let you know if he doesn't appreciate something you are doing. Like grooming now. He doesn't have time for this. He needs more time to explore. Now put me down now Mom. What an attitude.

Luna is approaching those teenage months. I think she practicing for those months. Another quick mover. Squirts right out of your hands if you don't watch. But just a little more manageable than Neville. But I'm prepared and ready to deal with it.

Willard is just a gentleman. I truly think he's approaching or is 1 year old already but since we rescued him really don't know his age. But he's a joy. Had him out grooming him. So calm, but will give a grunt once a while to tell me he's done. Enough is enough. But he just melts into your lap and enjoys the attention. He takes it all in stride.

Look at those babies! Happy birthday guys! Many many more to come. Love the pictures. Love Luna as well. She looks like such a little lady with that big mane. Is the garden for big people too? Can we come zen out in it as well?

kmaben wrote:
Look at those babies! Happy birthday guys! Many many more to come. Love the pictures. Love Luna as well. She looks like such a little lady with that big mane. Is the garden for big people too? Can we come zen out in it as well?

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes for my guys.They have been my Saving Grace. So truly thankful for these sweet guys.

Little lady? She might look like a little lady, but she showing a BIG attitude. She knows what she wants and will let you know she wants it NOW! So different from my boys. But loving every minute of it.

Yes, the garden is for big people too! Love to zen out in it with my buns. Did it last year and made it bigger this year. lol

Samara wrote:
:party0002:

Thanks Sammy for the Cheer!

It's been an amazing journey so far. Some downs but lots of UPS! So truly glad these little critters are in my life. They amaze me every day. And to see Dobby and Kreacher bloom into such sweet, intelligent, funny and very affectionate bunnies makes me feel very proud that I was able to win their trust so that their "true" personalites shine through. And with the experience from Dobby and Kreacher, has helped us form bonds with Willard, a rescue from wherever, and Neville and Luna our babies.

Definitely something to CHEER about!

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back