ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samara wrote:
<chants for pictures> :whistling

I know, I know. lol Hopefully this weekend I can get new photos of the tribe.

Kind of been busy worrying about Neville and now that this morning, watching him do Bunny 500's around the kitchen, I think it's safe to pull out that ole camera again. Snap some current pics.

K:)

Sounds good to me! I've been trailing my guys around with a camera since last night. Only a handful aren't blurry. <eye twitch>.

Gubb is due to be fixed this Saturday. And Molly is going in for a checkup and hopefully we'll get the okay to have her spayed. I'm going to stagger it though, and wait till Gubb is back on his feet in case something goes wrong.

Molly's had a bit of a wet nose lately, so I want to jump on that and have her checked out. It's probably the pollen.

I'm so happy to hear that Neville is doing so well! And Luna sounds like a real treat, too! Max started out with that pawing for treats thing...then, after a few weeks of that, bit when no treat was immediately forthcoming. LOL

Kreacher sounds like quite the love bug! Max loves to snuggle, but you have to get on her level because heaven help you if you pick her up. She doesn't do anything, but she definitely lets you know she is not a happy bun. LOL

You need to get Dobby on camera, doing his new-and-improved binky. Would love to see it!

While cleaning crates last night, spent some time with the babies.

Here's some pics as requested.

Neville
BUNNYS1459.jpg

Luna
BUNNYS1530.jpg

More Neville
BUNNYS1473.jpg

BUNNYS1497.jpg

More Luna
BUNNYS1519.jpg

BUNNYS1527.jpg

BUNNYS1539.jpg

Looking forward to seeing these babes grow up and produce babies of their own. With Neville's strong DM gene, and their color combination, ear structure, can't wait to see what the offspring will be.

Only time will tell!

Samara wrote:
They're getting so big! And such POOF! :D Their coats look amazing!
I know, babies grow fast! Love their coats and their ears are perfect for a Lion Head. Definitely good traits to pass on to kits.

ZRabbits wrote:

I know, babies grow fast!  Love their coats and their ears are perfect for a Lion Head.  Definitely good traits to pass on to kits. 

[/quote]

When you say their ears are perfect for a lionhead.. which standard are you going by? I thought they weren't a recognized breed

candykittten wrote:
ZRabbits wrote:

I know, babies grow fast! Love their coats and their ears are perfect for a Lion Head. Definitely good traits to pass on to kits.

When you say their ears are perfect for a lionhead.. which standard are you going by? I thought they weren't a recognized breed[/quote]

I'm going by the standard of what has been recognized by ARBA but never finalized. Many people have worked real hard to bring this breed to light. And the ears are just as important as the Mane.

I know the standard hasn't been finalized, but does it say what coat type? DM or SM? I didn't know they even got that far!

Samara wrote:
I know the standard hasn't been finalized, but does it say what coat type? DM or SM? I didn't know they even got that far!

That's the crux of the problem. The judges think DM kits (ie My Neville) aren't clean enough, too much hair on skirt. ARBA and others are working together regarding this by changing the rules on length of skirt.

SM is having problems keeping their manes through the generations needed to be able to show.

It's been interesting at the least. I've learned a lot about the process of COD's.

Cool. Thanks for sharing...I'll have to read up on it more. I knew there was going back and forth about the coat, but I didn't realize the keeping of SM coats through the generations was difficult.

I wonder how they decide there is too much hair on the skirt, but judge various angora types... :?

Samara wrote:
Cool. Thanks for sharing...I'll have to read up on it more. I knew there was going back and forth about the coat, but I didn't realize the keeping of SM coats through the generations was difficult.

I wonder how they decide there is too much hair on the skirt, but judge various angora types... :?
At 4 months old, Neville would be disqualified because of the hair around his face. Luna has a cleaner look. Also I don't know if it shows, but Luna does have a saddle already which Neville's isn't defined yet because of him being truly "DM". DM babies are called ugly in the ARBA/breeder world. I think kits like that carry the strong DM, which IS the mutation gene WHICH makes this breed unique, along with the shorter ears.

And people who pass off kits like Neville as Angora are wrong too. That's also hurt the DM Lion head.

I can for sure see the differences in their face fur...but I think you hit the nail on the head about uniqueness in the breed. I think it gives Nev character.

They are cute! The difference between them and Angoras is the tipped over larger ears on the English Angoras. Even at 5 1/2 Weeks my new additions have tipped over ears.

I love the look of the slightly clipped English angora fur. The grown out poof is way too daunting for me, but the trim down and tufted ears are so endearing. I want a REW one to name Nuage...but man, I need to get used to Mathias's fluffy pantaloons first.

I think the rew are my favorite. their hair isnt that bad especially with just one bunny. I love my crew, they are just such sweet rabbits. I cant wait to have newborns here.

LindseyG wrote:
They are cute! The difference between them and Angoras is the tipped over larger ears on the English Angoras. Even at 5 1/2 Weeks my new additions have tipped over ears.
Thanks Lindsey.

Love the tipped over ears of your crew. Beautiful, elegant rabbits.

Update on ZRabbits:

Luna is definitely completely different than my boys. Have found when she gets frustrated or bored will bite the bars of her crate. She demands attention.

So the twice a day runs are working to curb her boredom. Or excess energy. Neville is enjoying the extra time out as well. He's still a bit woobly on certain maneuvers but he is showing improvement every day.

I spent most of their outside time in the x-pen in with them. Working on picking up, holding, grooming, checking their nails. It seems much better for me when they are out playing. Making it a game. They like to crawl all over me and working that way makes it a game.

Dobby is now officially the "House" Bunny. We have found him to be very responsible when out. Uses his litter box. Doesn't chew on anything. But loves to play in the curtains. No damage to the curtains. Just like pushing them and making them move. Dobby has found a new spot right next to my husband recliner. Spent some time there watching TV with us. Still a little attitude with going back, but it seems with me working with him, he's taking it all in stride. I've been able to approach him when he's out and can pet his forehead. Working on picking him up, quick cuddle and then back to the floor.

Willard and Kreacher still just like their morning runs in the kitchen. At night, I usually take Kreacher out for a cuddle on the chair. Willard just likes to be groomed. Not much of cuddler, but hopefully one day he'll understand and get the connection. Willard is coming to me when he's in his crate. Likes to inspect what I'm doing. Very noisy about his space. Not skittish any more which is nice to see. Took our rescue a little longer to understand us.

Plans being worked on on what we will be planting this year. My husband already has the new garden tilled and will be adding a little top soil and install fencing. The bunny run will come next. We really can't wait for the nice weather to get all of them outside. They do respond to that very well. Can't wait to see Luna and her first venture outside. She's a digger inside. I wonder if she will able to keep up with Willard, our champion digger. Never see a hole appear so fast or dirt flying everywhere.

Back