Zeus and his does

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOOOSKA wrote:
[align=center]OMG PEG CUTENESS OVERLOAD[/align]
[align=left]I am totolly in LOVE :heartbeat:with Ambrosia[/align]
[align=left]I love all your pictures and look forward to Many Many more.[/align]
[align=left]Susan:)[/align]
I adore Ambrosia - and to think I almost gave in and rehomed her. (Actually - she was at the feed store for two days and developed a damp nose and came home. She keeps getting a damp nose when the weather changes and sometimes a tiny bit of discharge - and then she gets her nose all dirty (she's so curious about things)).

Here are the videos from today:

cheryl wrote:
What awesome pictures Peg...it looks like the bunnies were all enjoying themselves outside...i just love Zeus...he has such character :)

Cheryl
In some of his more "regal" poses - Zeus reminds me so much of Apollo - the flemish giant that Tina (Dajeti2) had....and then there are times when I catch his butt or something and his attitude reminds me of our lop Puck and his zest for life.

He is a real character though.....I think he enjoyed the excursion outside today.

Peg

Cute pics! I really love the one of Theresa grooming herself :adorable:

TinysMom wrote:
I'm really upset that I couldn't seem to get rid of the red eyes in almost all of them..
Ah, the dreaded red eye. This too ruined 99.99% of my indoor pics, and being lazy I decided I would just use movie mode indoors rather than read the manual for my camera. Well over a year later I FINALLY looked at an online manual and figured out how to turn off flash, and all I can say is THANK GOD! Pictures come out sooooo much nicer without it! :)

I went ahead and used the flash because I had it set to automatic or whatever and it was so grey and dreary outside....and I didn't check the photos to notice that it was giving them red eye so bad. I did notice on a couple but thought, "the software will fix it like it normally does". Well...not this time - photobucket couldn't fix it and my normal software couldn't fix it - it was that bad.

But I like a lot of the pics anyway....

Peg

For this photo
DSCN2271-1.jpg

Zeus took 13th place out of 250+ on Bunspace.com's "Best Bunny Behinds" contest.

YEAH Zeus!

SOOOSKA wrote:
[align=center]OMG PEG CUTENESS OVERLOAD[/align]
[align=center]
Why thank you my fine lady - I knew I was cute...but I didn't realize it was overload.....should I work on that?
[/align]
[align=left]I am totolly in LOVE :heartbeat:with Ambrosia[/align]
[align=center]
I am totally in love with her too. She's a sweetheart. She's young and energetic. Where Miss Bea likes to spend the day in the office in her cage - Ambrosia likes to go exploring and then come back and tell me all about what she's seen. She's younger than me (Miss Bea is older than me) and I think that while Miss Bea gives me stability and a sense of purpose - Ambrosia keeps me young......doesn't that make perfect sense?
[/align]
[align=left]I love all your pictures and look forward to Many Many more.[/align]
[align=center]
My favorite photo shoots are when mom takes us outdoors and I can be an "action here" or "bun in action"....I really think that is when I am the happiest. My only concern is sometimes mom takes photos of the strangest things - I mean - REALLY - a BUTT shot? Doesn't she know the camera makes my butt look fat? Oh well.....she is only a human....I must remember that.
[/align]
[align=left]Susan:)[/align]
Thank you for the kind comments on my blog Susan!

Zeus

TinysMom wrote:
For this photo
DSCN2271-1.jpg

Zeus took 13th place out of 250+ on Bunspace.com's "Best Bunny Behinds" contest.

YEAH Zeus!

What is it with humans and their fascination with butt shots? Doesn't mom know the camera makes anyone's butt look fat?

Oh well..she is only human...

Zeus

timetowaste wrote:
Zeus's attitude is disappearing a little everytime he posts in here!!! :)

Tracy

Well - let me tell you - its really hard to be the "real me" when I have Miss Fancy Pants Bea sitting on the chair going, "You make it sound nice?" and biting me on the butt 'cause I'm taking too long to type...and then Ambrosia is on the floor going, "Did you mention me? Am I in it? I'm BEA-U-TI-FUL too...aren't I Zeus?"

Then you have other office bunnies snickerin as I "accidentally" push Miss Fancy Pants off the chair and settle down to type.

On top of that I'm trying to juggle screens to see what Mom is up to now...and I see she and dad are going to go to a Renaisannce Faire this year - and renew their vows at the Faire next year.

'Scuse me? Doesn't she know they ATE rabbits back them... Why no self-respecting rabbit like me would show their face OR butt to something like that....

So that means I have to search through her emails to cancel the plans...and what do I see? She's also looking at COSTUMES?

Doesn't she think the bunny ears she bought to meet me in are special enough? MAN....I'm disappointed. Heartbroken even...she almost looked cute in those bunny ears.

Then I find out she's been corresponding with Wendy at the rescue.... telling her all about me and telling tales about me. ME? Be good? Ha.....good thing I do all my fun stuff when she's asleep.

On top of that - I get on here and see all the pictures she has of me. Let me tell you - she's a nut when you put a camera in her hand.

Gotta sneeze? FLASH..there's a picture. Gotta scratch your butt? FLASH..there's a picture. Wanna lay down and just daydream? FLASH, FLASH, FLASH....just in case she missed a look on your face.

I think I'm gonna send Miss Fancy Pants on a "search and destroy" mission for that camera....

Anyway - the reason my attitude hasn't shown is cause I have so much to do and limited time on the computer...and of course Fancy Pants wants her turn too.....

Hey - I just checked the history - she's been oogling bucks on the playbunny site...

I'm outta here....gotta get Miss Fancy Pants in line.....oh wait....what if that was Ambrosia...

Let me see - the login id says, "Fed Up With Zeus"....

Ok - that does it.....I gotta take care of this now...

Sheesh - between does and humans - is it any wonder I don't write in my blog much....

ZEUS

I've missed a lot of posts here this past week! Peg, those photos you picked out were my favorites too! Lexi and I were giggling over Zeus' butt - it looks like someone just stuck a cottonball on him! :hearts:

I can't believe Zeus is out "helping" other bunnies. Miss Bea is his woman!!

For any rabbits reading my blog - join me over in the bunny chat area to discuss this.....I posted a thread about it...

[line]I don't know about y'all but I'm sick and tired of mom taking pictures of me all the time. I go to scratch my butt...FLASH. I go to sneeze....FLASH. I start cuddling with my girls...FLASH....FLASH....FLASH and FLASH again.

A guy can't even get in a good run outside without the camera going.

THEN - to top things off....she posts the pictures on the forum. Miss "Fancy Pants" Bea tells me the camera makes my butt look fat. My own godmother says in my blog that one picture makes it look like they stuck a cotton ball on my butt!

That's IT! I've had enough.

Who will join me?

Let's find those cameras and let's DESTROY them........

No more 'flash.....flash.....flash' anymore - at least not without our permission.

I'm telling ya - us rabbits on the forum need to unite!

Zeus

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I've missed a lot of posts here this past week! Peg, those photos you picked out were my favorites too! Lexi and I were giggling over Zeus' butt - it looks like someone just stuck a cottonball on him! :hearts:

I can't believe Zeus is out "helping" other bunnies. Miss Bea is his woman!!
Now wait a minute....who says a handsome buck can't have more than one woman? HUH?

Let's face it - one doe is NEVER enough....why a guy needs an older doe for companionship - a younger doe to keep him young - and a few other does to keep him from getting too bored.

Mizz Fancy Pants thinks she owns me!!! Ha!

Oh I love her - don't take me wrong. She's good at snuggling and we tell each other lots of secrets and sometimes we even tell Ambrosia secrets too...

But a buck has gotta be a buck.....and that means always keeping his eye open for an attractive or friendly gal to add to the family.

Mizz Fancy Pants Bea has just got to learn that.....OUCH!

I have to go - I'm trying to unite all the bunnies on the forum to get rid of the cameras - I've had it with FLASH....FLASH.....FLASH. I hate videos too....

I suspect I've got a lot of work ahead of me....some buns may not fall in line and help out in getting rid of the cameras...oh well...they will have to live with the flash....

But as for me and my does....we're gonna make it stop. No more "cotton puff butts" from this guy....

Zeus

Well - it looks like Zeus' attempts to torment poor Cassanova are over.....Cass passed away this morning in Robin's arms. He had fought stasis and wry neck and other things for a while....and in a way - I saw it coming - and in other ways - we didn't see it coming. You never want to lose one. :(

I'm trying to decide who will go in the NIC pen....I may be putting the Valentine litter in there for their last week with mama (they're 7 weeks old today and there is no way she is ready to wean them). Then - the five girls could stay in there for a bit when the three boys move out in a week...and their mama could move out too when she's ready.

The thing is....Zeus....with five young girls in his room.....under his influence?

Miss Bea might start the cage dancing thing.....

Then again - Zeus might start cage dancing out of joy....

A lot to think about....

Peg

Well - it is official....Mochi and her babies moved into the NIC pen this morning....and so far they seem to love it. We lined it with hay practically and they were going crazy binkying in it and all.

Mochi wasn't overly thrilled but she's looking pretty comfortable right now. The babies were happy though.

And Zeus? Wow...he was fascinated watching the babies at play. He wanted to flirt with Mochi (Miss Bea came up and nipped him on the butt) and so he watched the family from a distance....

Miss Bea went over and sat in front of the cage for a bit and I swear it looked like she was laying down the law to Mochi and the babies that Zeus and the office are hers and that they better obey her instructions....

Next week sometime I'll pull out Mochi and I'll separate the boys from the girls shortly after that. Right now Mochi is really close to some of the babies and gets irritated a bit with some of the others. I notice that she pays particular attention to Peanut and Taylor - the two smallest - and I suspect she knows that they aren't quite ready to leave her. Peanut had a bit of diaherrea this morning...not overly much and considering how she was chowing down on the hay.....

What was really cute was seeing Taylor stick his head out through the NIC cube...and then pull it back in and try again. After the second attempt - he looked at it and sniffed it and shook his head and hopped away.

Having the babies in here helps with missing Cassanova...that is still sorta hard to take right now.

Peg

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Oh no! I didn't know that Cassanova was the buck you lost :(

I'm so sorry
Yeah - its pretty tough right now. We really thought he would make it. I think a lot of things are really hitting me today - I've been in tears most of the day and not handling things well at all.

As a side note though - something interesting happened today. Art came to the doorway of the office to talk to me and Zeus was laying right behind me - something he frequently does. I reached down to pet him and he moved his head forward for pets and then nudged me for more.

Art's eyes sort of lit up....and later he said he was surprised at how Zeus was responding to me....and it is honestly true. I realized later that I find myself reaching down to pet him at least a dozen times a day and unless he's out exploring - he's usually within 3-5 feet of me. Whenever I reach out to him to pet him - he accepts it and then nudges me for more.

So I guess that is the one bright spot in my day...

Peg

edited to add: Cassanova was the dad of New Hope and of Billy Sunny - a lionlop we have (along with his sister who is adorable).

Aww he was so cute! and I know Zeus loved to cagedance on his cage and harass him.... How old was he, Peg?

Zeus has made his spot - I've seen you say things and felt that he was sort of there now and probably seems like he's been there a long time - and it's only been what? not even 2 mos?

Sounds like he's very dedicated to you. That's good! I have some photos and video of Tony that I can't wait to fix and upload but I need to go to bed. We skipped horse fair today and we'll most likely be there all day tomorrow. Lexi and I are laughing about how he's doing "Zeus Ears"...... :p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Aww he was so cute! and I know Zeus loved to cagedance on his cage and harass him.... How old was he, Peg?
I'm trying to think. He was....over 2 for sure. I'd have to look it up.

Last year we had a situation where we had a few bucks come down w/ wry neck - not all at the same time - but close enough that we think it was related - especially since the treatment really helped them. He was one of them....and he never fully recovered although he was fairly active.

He would have a relapse every few months though...and he had stasis once.

I was talking to someone the night before he died (really - early early early that morning) and said, "this time the black rabbit isn't winning..".

A few hours later I was proven wrong. So it hurts - really badly.

Zeus has made his spot - I've seen you say things and felt that he was sort of there now and probably seems like he's been there a long time - and it's only been what? not even 2 mos?
I'm trying to remember - we got him - Feb 23rd? So probably 6 weeks?

Bit by bit he's coming closer to me - and I think after the anniversary of Tiny's "Gotcha Day" .... I started realizing that I had a choice - to continue mourning Tiny to the point that I didn't have a relationship with Zeus....or force myself to have a relationship.

It didn't hit me until today though that he was wanting that relationship too....

Sounds like he's very dedicated to you. That's good! I have some photos and video of Tony that I can't wait to fix and upload but I need to go to bed. We skipped horse fair today and we'll most likely be there all day tomorrow. Lexi and I are laughing about how he's doing "Zeus Ears"...... :p

I guess I'd say that we're becoming dedicated to each other. Its almost like we've started doing a dance - but we don't yet know each other's moves...so we're trying to study each other and match our steps.

I think it is hilarious how Tony is doing Zeus ears....

Latest posts

Back