Zeus and his does

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well first of all about work - today Art & I went out to IHop for a date (the shop paid me $16 for it and our meal came to $18 plus the tip). Tomorrow we have three shops to do....one of which is the $70 shop down in Eagle Pass. Another one is a gas station shop ($17 - normally $12) and a grocery store shop ($10 + $6 towards food).... Should be fun.

Now about Miss Bea.

Well - really - first about Zeus. Zeus has been a trouble maker today....he's been dumping over the trash so he can get to catalogs and shred them. I've tried telling him "no" but he just looks at me and shreds some more.

I figured he was upset about Miss Bea not being in here - especially since he went in her cage and moped for an hour...so I brought her in and sat her on my lap.

He avoided her at first....and then he went over to her and started grooming her on the side that doesn't have the ear infection. She was so happy to have him groom her again. Then he smelled that ear again - and backed away from her and flicked her off as he went away.

He really really really hates that infection - and I do think he's afraid of it. Poor Miss Bea - she was practically trembling as she laid in my lap. She is feeling so very miserable....

She has a hard time standing up and walking....she wobbles. However, she has gone from not eating at all to munching on a few things (cilantro being one of them - along with cheerios)....and her ear actually smells better than it did before. (Yes - there are times when you can smell an infection).

I feel so bad about how bad she got ear mites - she's had them two or three times before....it seems like she gets them so easily.

Anyway - I suspect she'll be back with Zeus and Ambrosia by Monday at the latest....every day I'll be bringing her in to spend time with Zeus until he gets over his fear of the infection.

What surprises me is how lovey she's becoming towards me and how she will snuggle into me when I move.....as if she wants to stay on my lap...

Peg

Poor Miss Bea!! Isn't that strange how Zeus is afraid of it tho? he remembers!

How do you know when they have mites? Especially when it's early in the infection!

Keep us posted on Bea - I hope she's ok. :(

It appears as though Zeus & Miss Bea's bond has broken.....I brought her back in the room this morning before heading to bed...and they were fighting horribly....

She is sleeping in on my bed right now....and since I'm flying home to visit my mom in a little over 2 weeks - I don't know if I'll attempt to rebond them now or wait till I get home.....I guess we'll have to have some supervised dates to see...

It feels as if I haven't had enough heartbreaks already lately - but to add this one on. Between losing Theresa last week - and this morning losing Val and having issues with rabbits going off their feed.....oh ... and losing Cassanova....

I just really really needed their bonding to stick....

Oh well - I guess it isn't all about me though - is it...its about what is best for them...

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Val died? :(
Yes - I will do her Rainbow Bridge thread shortly.

I am on my way out the door to do these shops in about 10 minutes....I wound up picking up more shops today too. Talk about hectic.

So - we're going to go to Eagle Pass first....and do....

• theater shop - $70
  • grocery store shop - $10 plus $6 towards groceries
  • gas station shop - $17 (of which $5 is for gas
  • 3 fast food shops - $35 plus $10 bonus
Then head up to Uvalde and do:

• 3 more fast food shops - $35 plus $30 bonus

What am I thinking of? Art says we can do it.....

Let's hope so - I don't think I'm gonna make it back in time to see Survivor....but the upside of all this is - I'll make enough in this one day (minus gas) to pay almost half of his ticket home to see his mom in June (when my pay comes in next month)...

I guess it will be worth it...

Well - we skipped the Uvalde shops......and I got home to find out that the scheduler had someone else there who could take them if I wasn't able to do them...so since our gas there and back would be $22 (out of the $65) - I told her to go ahead and schedule them with the other person.

I'm wiped out (and still have the reports to do).

Meanwhile - Zeus is one happy camper....it seems like mommy's new clothes came and the packages have his favorite thing in them.....catalogs. Plus each item of clothing has CARDBOARD he can chew on.

He calls it Flemish Giant heaven....

Me? I call it a mess....

:shock:

Hey! FREE Toys for the big bunny! That works!

I'm so sorry about Val and I hope things aren't any worse with the new thread about this/whatever is causing the "flopsy" thing.

:hug: Life's been really hard lately hasn't it?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Hey! FREE Toys for the big bunny! That works!

I'm so sorry about Val and I hope things aren't any worse with the new thread about this/whatever is causing the "flopsy" thing.

:hug: Life's been really hard lately hasn't it?
Life has been INCREDIBLY hard lately. I had been thinking how good things were going the day before Cass died if I remember right. We've had other losses I haven't shared about on here (Robin's cat Faith is missing - has been missing for over a week)....

Losing Val took a lot out of me. I was hoping to either keep her myself or fawn her off onto Zin. I was almost sure I was going to keep Bandita (who is now ill also). If Splash does not get sick - she may stay here anyway as I love her too... Fortunately, both Randy and Zin helped me realize that with Val - there were no signs...I did everything I could as quickly as I could. I do blame myself IF it is the food causing the problems (she was 9 weeks old and should have been through being weaned I would think)....but once again - she showed no symptoms of anything till 4 am yesterday morning....and was gone shortly afterwards.

Its been a really rough few months...and it seems like it just keeps getting harder and harder.

We meant to get new food yesterday but in our haste to get out of town - we forgot to stop and get it. Everybun got lots of hay last night and those who weren't having any food issues got some food....today we'll be breaking down and getting the other brand that I've avoided for over 2 years.

I think the hardest thing right now is almost the whole Zeus/Miss Bea thing. Yesterday morning when I went to reintroduce Miss Bea in here - she was very upset at Zeus and she lunged at him several times....and then he lunged at her. I pulled him off (he was the first one I could grab) and he was all upset....I held him and told him that I wasn't mad at him...but that I would get her so he'd be ok.

Then I wound up leaving the room for hours and when I came back tonight - I think he thought I was really mad at him. I sat and petted him for a while and he kept nudging me for more pets. I really think he's confused...and Miss Bea is....just so upset right now ~ AND ~ so clingy to me.

Oh well - just thought I'd share what has been happening. I'm heading to bed now (I stayed up till 4 am to watch the end of that miniseries on SciFi - it was worth staying up for ... I think....)

I just feel so drained right now - emotionally and in so many other ways. I'm tired of things going wrong...I hope once we get some new rabbit food - things will go better.

Sorry to hear of the passing of Val andof the rough patch your going through. Miss Bea will be kept in my prayers.

PS: Read the entire blog just now and what an adventure you have had! I laughed and criedalong with you..

Well, this is sort of complicated and I'm trying to make it short and sweet...huh...lets see how I do.

When I got up yesterday, Zeus had moved himself to the garage and Ambrosia was left in my office. She spent a good portion of the day in my office. I decided to go ahead and move Miss Bea back into my office thinking that maybe she and Ambrosia could rebond.

Ambrosia moved out to the kitchen (where she likes to sit anyway). Zeus wants nothing to do with Ambrosia right now 'cause she's trying to hump his head all the time (I hope to get her neutered this summer).

So.....when I went to bed last night - I shut the office door so that Miss Bea wouldn't be bothered by Ambrosia or Zeus when I wasn't here to monitor things.

Well....it seems like Zeus decided he'd spent 24 hours in the garage ... it was time to return home...

Only he couldn't get in his room....

Art said he was pitching a fit at the door....and Art figured I had the door shut for a reason (I'd put food and water out for Zeus in the garage).

So now Zeus sits outside the door - asking me if he can come in. I invite him in...and Miss Bea chases him out. So he sits in the hallway and she leans towards him to sniff at him - and he hops off and gives her the butt.

We have need of some serious relationship counseling here.....

A little bit ago, I heard "clump clump clump" as Zeus came running down the hall into the office (he'd been out by the office). At first it reminded me of when Tiny would come running for a banana.

Zeus came running in at full speed - enough to get his nose in....then his head in as he looked around.

I noticed he started nosing around for food so I put down his food bowl and he was scarfing up his food like he was starved...he'd take a mouthful and look around for his "beloved" mate to see if he could get another mouthful before she chased him off again.

Finally he settled down like this...

DSCN3429.jpg

He wasn't gonna let a little woman get to him...

Then Miss Bea-itch (his words - not mine) awoke from her nap where she was hiding and came after him. She went to sniff him and he took off running again at full speed - he's around the corner at the end of the hall near the front door.

Alicia (JadeIcing) and I have been talking. Either they need to go on Dr. Phil (Thumper) for counseling or they're going to wind up on Jerry (Snowflake) Springer's show as guests...

By the way - Ali gets the credit for the bunny versions of the names...

Well, as soon as I'm done straightening up the rest of the office (and getting a mega cup of coffee) we're about to try some intense bunny marriage counseling.

I'm shutting the door so Zeus can't take off - and letting Miss Bea out of her cage. I'm going to sit on the floor with a water bottle and be prepared to break up any fights...

Wish us well - I want Zeus and Miss Bea to be happily bonded again and if this doesn't work then we're gonna have to do some bunny dates starting in May (when I get home from my mom's) and Miss Bea will have to be caged some of the time so Zeus can have time in his room (otherwise he runs for the front door or the garage and tries to make me think he WANTS to be there even though he doesn't).

I'm so mad at mom right now. I want to scream.

She's trying to rebond the witch and I right now....and I have to stay on the move to keep away from the witch. My heart is pounding and I'm getting a lot of exercise....at least mom gave me a carrot to start with.

But I'm getting tired of this....I have to constantly keep an eye out for that doe....I swear she's evil right now.

Ooops - gotta hop again....be back to complain more later..

ZEUS

Ya know what. Miss Bea is such a witch sometimes.....that a guy will accept attention from anywhere he can get it.....and it ain't his fault.

Why....mom caught me discussing my problems with the cat....and she was sympathetic...take a look...

DSCN3433.jpg

DSCN3434.jpg

DSCN3435.jpg

DSCN3436.jpg

DSCN3437.jpg

I think its pretty bad when a cat has to comfort a buck who is being abused by his doe....I gotta figure out what to do. I do care about the witch and when mom or sister Robin hold her, I will groom her and try to get her to listen...but boy is she ever angry at me.

Hell hath no fury like a doe spurned over ear mites and an ear infection....

ZEUS

Oh Zeus, you are such a charmer - even the cat can't keep away :D

I think Ms Bea is more upset at you than angry - I guess her feelings were hurt when you rejected her çause of the ear mites. i am sure once she thinks you have suffered enough, she will come around (fingers crossed!)

Jan

Zeus has moved himself to the garage and he's found another girl to cuddle. When I get home from vacation I may try to move him back to the office (I sure do miss him)..

And now...

Just thought I'd let y'all know that I'm taking RO off my "home page" until after I return from vacation.

I have too much to get done and y'all are just too addicting....

I'll be back after May 14th hopefully...if I'm not too tired.

Latest posts

Back