Zeus and his does

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
As many of you know - we lost Tiny, "The BunFather" last Sunday night. This week we really felt like he was leading us to Zeus ~ who we will be picking up on February 23rd.

This is going to be his blog. There will be times when I will post pictures and tell stories from my perspective - but one of the things that folks have told me they loved so much about Tiny was about how I was able to make him come to life and speak for himself in his blog. I hope to do that again as Zeus will share things from his perspective.

Needless to say ... his entries will be fiction...

.....or will they?

Stop nipping at me you big black bully….I’m trying to get to do what you told me to do…just let me finish some hay.

OUCH! That wasn’t fair. Ok…fine.

Can you hear me now?

Not yet – ok – let me adjust for the frequency..

Now?

Ok – good. Looks like we don't have to bring in the Verizon guys... Fine.

Hey everyone – this is Zeus. I’m sending this message so this big black bully will stop bugging me about “get on the forum…” and “let them know all about you….” He’s sitting here tapping his feet while I speak….let me tell you – he nags me worse then Hershey ever did.

Ok – first of all – hello. I guess I’m going to be part of this “forum” thing (whatever that is) and its important to everyone that I say “hi”. So “hi”. I hope your week has been better than mine…

Let me tell you – I was snoozing in my cage Monday when I get a tap on the shoulder. I look and there is a black rabbit. “Go away” I say and try to go back to sleeping. He starts bugging me again. Sheesh! If I had to conjure up a rabbit in my dreams – why did it have to be black and ugly....and a buck.

OUCH!

“Look…go away. I’m sleeping…”. I go to kick him…..and my foot goes right through him. Dang….it’s a hologram just like that show Quantum Leap.

“Is your name Al?” I ask.

“Nope. It’s Tiny.”

I start snickering….I mean come on….Tiny? At his size? “Yeah sure…and my name is Muhammed Ali”.

“Zeus, shut up and listen. I can only spend a few minutes at a time and I need your full attention…”

I bow down before him “yes mastah….whatever you say mastah….”

Ok…so he gets sarcasm…I can see it in his eyes. At least he can’t touch me if he’s a hologram…thwump. OUCH…..

“Listen up you arrogant fool. I never should’ve picked you. But its too late now to change my mind. What was I thinking?”

He mutters to himself for a few more minutes and I say, “Do I need to be here for this?”

Suddenly he turns around and remembers I’m there. “Oh – yeah listen. You’re being adopted by my mom.”

“So I get to be a hologram like you?”

“Idiot. Shut up and listen. I’m in heaven and I’ve chosen you to go to mom. You’re getting a home. I’m going to be back some in the next few days and weeks to give you tips on living with mom and Miss Bea…”

“Yeah….right…whatever..”

And folks – that’s how it started….with this big bully waking me up.

Since then he pops in almost any time he wants and starts giving me lectures and tells me to take notes. “Miss Bea likes this” and “Mama like that” and “oh here are where the craisins are stored…..” and on and on he goes. Like he expects me to take notes or something?”

Why he even claims my new fleece is for his darlin’ Miss Bea and how I should make it smell like me and not chew on it. ‘Scuse me but it is MY fleece blankie. If his Miss Bea wants fleece let her have her mama give her some…

Anyway….enough of this ‘forum’ stuff. I got important stuff to do like blankies to chew on and plastic cups to toss in the air and a few dead bunny flops too. So over and out and end of transmission and all that good stuff….maybe now I can get a decent nap in without hearing all about this Miss Bea and Mama.

Oh…before I go…I’m still trying to figure out….what the heck is a week? Cause supposedly this is going to happen in 2 weeks…. Whatever….I’m going back to being an alpha bun now….especially since the big bully just left. I can’t figure out though…why did he binky on his way out?

Hi Zeus! I think you're sweet and adorable :D May I kiss you on the nose and rub your big ears?

Hello Zeus...my name's Teeny...

I'm a big ol' baby buck...but my mama tells me I'm going to be really really big when I'm done growing!

Anyway...I was named after that big giant black buck that keeps nippin' ya and bullyin' ya around...hehe!! My mama loves him and his mama and all the bunnies where they live, somewhere called Lionhead Land. Mama says lionheads are really smallish buns that are really foofy and poofy.

So, are you excited about your new home? I can't tell ya how much you're gonna love Miss Peggy (your new mama)...she's so wonderful...she's done so much to help Mama know what to do with me (her and some nice lady named Cathy). Mama says she's her bestest buddy! :)

I can't wait to see more pictures of you...you look like you could compete with Fiver Bunny with those confus-ed ears of yours...but I don't mean that to make fun of them...I think they're really neat!! Mine kinda sorta do that, too...one always seems to wanna fall down next to my body...and I'm not sure why. I think 'cuz they're so heavy and big!

Two weeks...I must ask Mama what those are, too...hmm...

Anyway, bunny nosey sniffs from here in Rosie Zooland!!

Mr. Teeny

I got an update today from Wendy and I'm getting so excited. Here is what she said...

Howdy! While I forgot my camera today (but amshooting for tomorrow!!)one of the volunteers and I cleaned a lot of cages today and did some bunny-updating. We did a few grooms, and Zeus was definitely in need of a brushing! He and a couple others are sheddingtons as the weather hasreally warmed up in the last week. Lisa used thefurminator and I finished him up with a slicker brush.LOL, I had to clean up his"blankie" too! It was nearly white instead ofnavy.Afterwards he was a good boy and stood still for a nail trim (well, mostly) andpancaked for a lot of head rubs. Once he realized he wasn't able to sneakaway, he settled in for some attention! I'll see if Lisa has uploaded her photos from today as I know she took a few of him post-grooming. I'll send them your way as soonas I have them!
~ Wendy

I'm crying here - it was so good to hear about his day and how he was acting. The more I read about him and think about him - the more he reminds me of how Tiny was after he'd lived with us for about 3 or 4 months.

When we first got him - he cringed away from our hands. All he knew about hands was they grabbed him out of his cage sometimes and they put food into his cage. For the first three or four months we had him, I would lay on the floor reading books for up to 3 or 4 hours per day (stay at home wife/mom) letting him get used to having me around. That was how he learned to trust me and let me pet him.

I haven't cried yet today about Tiny. Oh - tears have come to my eyes - and I do miss him more than I believed possible. But...finally....the thought of having Zeus move here is starting to help - starting to ease the pain a bit. I think Zeus is already starting to create his own space in my heart - even from a distance.

For those who are wondering - here is some of the past information I had about Zeus..I originally posted it in his introductory thread....

[line]

Normally I will not share private messages with the forum - but I think Ivory will be ok with this. This is some of what she said about Zeus in various PMs back and forth as we discussed him....and then at the end - I'll put in what Wendy (his current caretaker) had to say...

[line]I did want to say about Zeus:

He definitely has the Flemish "head" and ears. But, he isn't quite as big as Tiny (he's big, but not as big as some Flemish.) He's about eleven or twelve pounds, maybe thirteen. So we've wondered if maybe he has a mix in there. But he is a good bunny and has a very Flemmie personality, and was bred by a (irresponsible) breeder. He *did* have a girlfriend for a while, but she passed away.

Personally I'm excited about the whole thing. I think it's great that Zeus would be adopted and that someone is truly sincere about getting him. I am also hoping that this does indeed work out.

I'm going to see if I can find anymore pictures of him hanging around. And I will let you know. I admit I'm really anticipating this, lol.

[line]
We have a yes from Wendy.

Some notes on Zeus that she said:

He is pretty mellow, and laid-back, but he can be very "alpha male". Since his girlfriend died (Hershey) he became less affectionate- it may take another woman and individual attention to bring out that personality. Whenever *I've* petted him he's been good, but he can be so-so about things. I haven't seen it, but others have.

I personally think that he will come around, particularly with a doe around. He may be like Erik- really really enjoys petting and rubbing but isn't cuddly.

All this being said: Zeus is a good bunny. I'm not going to say that he's going to be cuddly-sweet-omgomg-lovey-dovey, it may even take months before he's fully affectionate. And, as you know, he isn't Tiny. Perhaps he'll be more like Miss Bea.

(Peg's note here....oh God...please NOT another Miss Bea. I can only take so many diva buns that win my heart but don't like my attention. He doesn't have to be like Tiny...but may he not be like Miss Bea either... We'll just let him be himself and hope it all works out like I think it will)

If you're willing to accept this, then I don't think that we will have a problem. If you feel that in your heart it's right for you to have Zeus- then the opportunity has presented itself and it can definitely happen.

[line]
I think that Zeus will do well with a female (he had a female companion but she passed away). I don't know if he'll really do well with males.

I've never seen an ounce of aggression in his personality. He's VERY laid back. His health is good- his ear mites cleared up a long time ago. He has pretty dark gray eyes and really likes to be petted. He does interact but I won't say that he's an attention hoarder.

[line]
And now for Wendy's comments...

Hi Peg!

Thanks for inquiring and thinking about Zeus. He is a special bun, and not exactly "desirable" by the average rabbit owner - but those of us whose worlds dive deeply into rabbits can truly appreciate his personality! (Ok...so I find myself wondering - if rabbits were to judge us...would we be "desirable" by the average rabbit? Maybe they have to train us a bit too - know what I mean?)

Yes, sending a blanket or towel would be a great idea. I will grab a fresh one and go ahead and place it in his setup so that he can be "scenting" it. :) He likes to chew on everything (his favorite toys are cups to toss), and even when I have draped blankets over his setup he has managed to pull it into his pen and chew it up, so I don't think the type of material will matter too much. Flannel or fleece would probably be best overall as you mentioned, but I'm sure it will have some chew marks when it arrives!

Thanks again - I hope all goes well for you and Zeus, whatever the outcome!

and

Howdy!

Zeus enjoys just about any type of food or treat - bananas, dandelions, you name it! He has a couple rattle-type toys but the little plastic tumbler cups are the ones I see him play with the most. We always send a basket of the hay and pelleted feed that each rabbit has been getting so that they can make the transition easier, and usually a toy or treat (in this case, I'll send the cups). I purchased a scrap of fleece in the craft section of walmart today and gave it to him tonight. He sniffed it and looked at me as if to say "What the heck is this? And why can't I eat it?" Goofy boy.

I hope this works - Wendy sent me the link to an album of Zeus' photos...

Peg

edited to add: I think if you click on the photo you can see the whole album? (I can). I need to figure out how to save these to my computer so I can store them on photobucket.....there are even a couple of pictures of his first love....Hershey.

Woo hoo - I figured out how to get them saved to my computer - later today I'm going to crop some of my favorites and share them here....

Peg

I love this picture! and then when I saw those back feet I really fell in love!!!

2306853390098278511S200x200Q85.jpg

and then I saw this nose!!!! and what a cute little face he has! and I think he's learned to do some math problems!!!

carrots <bananas

2158258220098278511S425x425Q85.jpg

Okay. I know you have been waiting for this all week and all Peg...:p

I approve of Zeus. He can stay. I think I'm in love with that rabbit. He just has that look of being irritated by a random presence around him in some pictures.

ALSO I love your stories about Tiny...I absolutely love them. They make me smile, and I when I see you posted something new in one of the categories about Tiny or now in Messages from Olympus, I get really excited to go see it!

GOOD LUCK, ZEUS. Mission accomplished, we are awaiting your arrival with open arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy

Well - I was able to get up this morning and not bawl my eyes out the first minute I woke up....that's good. I'm making progress. I had on my mind two projects -to come in and finish cropping Tiny's photos and get them uploaded to Walmart.com so they can get printed today.....and to crop some of the new photos of Zeus that are in that album. I really wanted to share them here - but 42 is a lot to share...so I had to cut it down. (41 is ok - right??).

Seriously though - I picked 12 of my favorites and cropped them and here they are. I'm not sure why these 12 in particular call out to me...but they do...

For some reason he reminds me of a dog in this one..

"Oh God....please let me get a home soon....I'll even wash my nose.."

"No ... she said for us to look this way honey..."

"I heard that - I bet you won't repeat it in front of me again.."

"Give you my best side? Well...which one is it?"

"Oh Lord....make the camera go away...."

"Honest...I'm telling you - I didn't do it....I didn't!"

"Ok....NOW I'M MAD..."

"What's a closeup?"

To me - he looks so regal in this picture - with his first lady...

I loved the closeup of his face...

He might look sedate here - but somehow, I think I see mischief in those eyes...

I loved how he looks to be thinking about the answers to the most important of questions here.

Also, his eyes look so kind and caring. I could snuggle him forever... if he'd let me LOL!

Bo B Bunny wrote:

I loved how he looks to be thinking about the answers to the most important of questions here.

Also, his eyes look so kind and caring. I could snuggle him forever... if he'd let me LOL!
In that picture - he reminds me of Oberon....and Apollo - a much-beloved flemish giant rabbit that the forum lost suddenly a couple of years ago.

One of the main reasons I didn't want a white flemish giant was I really loved Apollo (from afar) and didn't think I could handle having a white or black flemmie because of the memories of both Tiny and Apollo.

BTW - I've had three people tell me that for some reason Zeus reminds them of Yofi - a mischievious look in his eyes or something.....which is funny because I picked up on the same thing. If so...if he is like Yofi - heaven help Lionhead Land....

Peg

Latest posts

Back