Zeus and his does

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin came in the room this morning and found three babies had made their way out of the cage (she showed me how they got out and we're gonna fix it). I'm suspecting they got out 'cause maybe Zeus did some cage dancing and one of the areas opened up a bit....from the looks of things.

Anyway - Zeus was practically on top of Ambrosia....and Robin wasn't sure if he was protecting Ambrosia from the babies - or - more likely - protecting them from her. But either way - she said Zeus was almost sitting on her....

I guess it was pretty funny.

Oh - and for those who are wondering - it was Val - the blue girl - one of the broken girls....and a black baby - not sure if it was a buck or a doe.

I'm gonna fix that spot today so that can't happen again....I just think it is hilarious that Zeus felt he had to protect someone.....

You know, I just love how protective and caring he is. He has this fatherly attitude but he's also such a sweet boy!

OMG Peg, I have missed soooo much - it has taken me ages to read all of your blog.

I have to say, Zeus is just amazing - such a character, and in a different way to our Tiny. I love how Miss Bea and Ambrosia have made up the threesome.

It's wonderful how he is warming up to you, and you to him. It was obviously going to take time, especially as you and Tiny were so close, but it just shows how right you were to take on Zeus:).

I'm going to enjoy watching things develop!

Jan

I am thinking about adding another lionhead doe to the mix.....I'm gonna try some supervised times together once I get done cleaning out the office today or tomorrow. Its a long story and I won't share more till I know if their personalities will mesh and they have any hope.....but it is a doe that I might keep IF I can bring her into the bond. She's been with them a couple of times (it isn't Theresa) and I never really let her around them much for various reasons...

So keep your fingers crossed....I think the hardest one to convince may be Miss Bea - I notice that Zeus just went in her cage to make nice with her today and groom her....I suspect he may be reading my mind!

Zeus seems so sweet!!!! I can't imagine him just going around making friends with everyone! None of mine are like that!

I hope things work out. I think that is so adorable.... all the bunnies loving each other :)

Aww Zeus is such a lover! Wouldnt it be cool if you had a big group like Cheryl has? Im so jealous of groups. I wish mine would all bond!

Haley wrote:
Aww Zeus is such a lover! Wouldnt it be cool if you had a big group like Cheryl has? Im so jealous of groups. I wish mine would all bond!
I love her group and how they get along.

Ideally, I would like to bond Zeus and the girls with Saphira, Isenstar, this gal that I'm gonna start with (a broken doe) and Girly Girl. Those are some of my favorite girls....

I toyed w/ trying to add Sport...but she and Miss Bea hate each other with a passion...

I think I'm gonna name this girl Brigitta....not sure yet...

What will I call the trio once I add everyone else? The "Group"?

:shock:

I'm posting this here so my mom will get the idea...

MOM - when I have my head in the Cheerios bag - it is NOT the time to take a picture. You know already that as soon as I hear the flashy thing turn on....I can back out and I won't go within a foot of the Cheerios bag until its turned off and you leave the room.

So STOP with the flashy thing. No one is gonna believe you that I can fit into the cheerios bag (now that I've ripped it a bit) and that I serve myself cheerios whenever I want.

Hmmmpph....

Some folks think bunnies should only have "1 cheerio per day".

Hmmmmmph...

At least mom isn't that bad.

Oh and mom - stop trying to move the cheerio bag to where I can't get to it.

We both know Miss Bea and I are smarter than that.

Ok.....over and out...mom should get this soon.

ZEUS

I need to look this up to see who the poet is who wrote this....but my mom taught me a poem when I was young and I came across it again today- it expresses so well how I feel about Tiny....and Zeus.....and the type of friend I'd like to be to others.

So I'm gonna share it here....

Oh the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, Having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words. But to pour them out just as they are chaff and grain together. And a faithful hand will take and sift them: Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, Blow the rest away.

Have a great weekend everyone..

:biggrin2:

Edited to add - poem is by [size=George Elliot][/size]

Some of y'all may remember these photos - they're among my favorites of Tiny...

Basically - he'd found the container of the "topping" I put on his food every night - it had all sorts of stuff in it...and he loved it. So he decided to help himself ...

Well - the other night I decided to add fruit loops to the rabbit's supper. I use a bucket and a scoop to pass out supper.....and when I do something like this....I try to make sure that everyone gets X fruit loops.....it might be 3 or 4 or whatever. Some of my favorites might get an extra one.

Then there's Zeus........

I put the bucket down to check my email and.....well....I'll let you figure out the rest....

DSCN3318.jpg

Its a good thing I love him......

Oh - a neat thing is he's started coming up and nudging me to get my attention at times....

A bad thing is - he tried to knock me over today to get to my food. I'd opened a bag of chocolate covered donuts - only he'd heard the bag and thought it was craisins and/or yogurt drops....

I thought he was gonna knock me out of my chair trying to get to what was in my hand....

Oh - before I forget - I suspect Miss Bea has sprayed him (to mark him as hers??)....how can I get that out? Just a damp washcloth? Something else?

baby wet wipes work well for urine stains Peg :)use that then go over with a damp cloth to make sure there is no residue left should do it.

He certainly looks like he is enjoying them at any rate :p

Thanks Polly.

I'm having a hard morning today....I came into the office and Zeus and Ambrosia weren't here...

They were in the garage and I swear they were looking for Theresa in all of her favorite hangouts....

Its breaking my heart. Its hard enough that I lost Theresa and how she made me smile and laugh - but to think they lost her too and didn't get to say goodbye....

I wish I knew how to help them understand now.....

Oh look at that big boy helping himself to snacks! What a doll!

LOL I love the donut bag attack! That's so funny - I'm sure it wasn't at the time!

Such a big sweetie tho!

Ok....this is my blog....so I can talk about whatever I want in it......right?

Anything?

I can scream and rant?

GOOD...

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Its my own fault....it really is. I got .... greedy. I got ... ambitious.

Ok - it goes like this....

For those who don't know - I do mystery shopping...sometimes. I'm at the point in my life now where I pick and choose the ones I want to do.....if I like a scheduler - odds are good I'll do the shop even if it isn't one of my favorties. If I don't like a scheduler but like a shop - I'll do it or wait for it to get a bonus and then do it. It just depends.

At this point in my life, since cutting back - I mainly do HEB (a grocery store here) - Sonic - IHop restaurants....and a few odds and ends here and there. Last month I did a theater mystery shop - Art did another one and we got paid $5 each plus the $25 gift card to the theater (the shop cost about $10 off the gift card to complete for the drink and theater ticket). So basically - we each got $20 if you count in the value of the gift card.

I think last month I made about $200 or so in pay and in things I like (like Sonic food or groceries or a sub at Subway - stuff like that).

So when I get offered a chance to go to Eagle Pass this Thursday and do another theater....for $70....I took it. My gas there and back will be about $15 and I think to myself, "Peg...you can pick up more shops down there..".

In fact, right now one company has been trying to get me to do luxury car mystery shops here in Del Rio for $60....and a lot of folks go to Eagle Pass to buy cars so I'm thinking, "Wouldn't it be cool if I could pick up a car shop there this Thursday also?"

So I contacted schedulers - just 3 or 4.

I mentioned they could pass my name on....BIG mistake.

You see - when you're a shopper in a small town and you're known for being dependable.....you can get lots of job offers and when schedulers call they will put on their sweetest voices and plead if need be (they have no pride - they need the shop done).

So now I sit by the phone waiting to hear back about some shops that someone needs done....

....and waiting on emails from a couple of schedulers who asked me to please not commit to anything else on Thurs till I make sure I can do their shops too - they're even rearranging shops so they can get clearance to get me in the store while I'll be in town.

I sure am glad Art doesn't mind mystery shopping with me....looks like while we're in Eagle Pass we're at least doing HEB and maybe a couple of fast food shops too....and God only knows what all else....

The thing is - I'd been quiet for so long...the schedulers had figured I wanted a break - and now they're like "Oh good.....so we can call you again....right? You're back to working????"

It's my own fault...it really is....

Well - today has certainly been interesting. I found out why Miss Bea and Zeus are not getting along.....and she just spent the last 2 hours either in my lap or in my arms...

Miss Bea has ear mites (I found that out last night and treated her) but I think she also has an ear infection and possibly the start of wry neck....but I could be overreacting to think that.

When I was holding her today - Zeus came over to see her and as soon as he smelled the ear that had the ear mites - he ignored her and turned his back to her. It was so sad to see because she wanted him to groom her so badly...and he just turned away. (One of his ears lops due to a bad bad case of ear mites when he was young).

So I've treated her for ear mites along with treated her for the infection, given her sub Q fluids since when I did put her down she sort of wobbled along as if she was having a hard time....and also given her a tiny bit of pain meds.

Right now - she's in Art's arms on the bed as he naps......

The interesting thing is - I checked Ambrosia for ear mites and she has the start of them too - so I've treated her (I'm treating everyone in the room) and I treated Zeus for ear mites since he is with them all the time and a day or two ago he started shaking his head and ears some.

Zeus has been upset today.....I threw away a catalog (he loves to shred them) and he knocked over the trash can to get to it. He now seems to think that all catalogs that come into the office and are trashed....are his to destroy.

Other than that - everything is going good with the trio. I think that in a couple of days - after another treatment for the ear infection - Miss Bea can be merged back into the trio....if we can get her off our laps and stuff. She's become quite the snuggle bunny.....for two hours she wouldn't let me put her down.

aww, poor Miss Bea. Tell her Pernod knows how she feels, as she has an ear infection too! I guess Zeus doesn't want to risk getting ear mites again incase both ears lop :p.

Good luck with your work routine - sounds like you are going to be busy,busy,busy!!

Jan

Latest posts

Back