Zeus and his does

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still watching these but I am laughing because in the first video, Miss Bea is CHINNING BLADES OF GRASS!@!!:roflmao: *my grass, this one is mine, ok this one too!*....

and that cat loves them doesn't it?

Miss Bea and Zeus had a visitor tonight....more than once.

Seems like "Mother Theresa" (those of you who read my lionhead blog know who she is).....wanted to come pay a visit. Looks like she was "in the mood".....I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Here is what happened...

Coming in to check things out

Sampling the food that was offered

Greeting the hostess

Expressing her reason for the visit (looking for a handsome - or even ugly - buck)

Miss Bea's response...

Oh and Zeus? He stayed out of the way......watching Miss Bea very cautiously.

Peg

Well....I don't have a facebook, myspace page or anything like that....but....

ARG...

Well - Zeus has a page on bunspace.com.....I just can't figure out how to use the badge thingy here..

Peg

It looks like this dynamic duo may be becoming a trio....

Ambrosia has been having some playtime tonight and she keeps coming in and trying to be friendly with them.

There are a lot of does Miss Bea would chase off - like she did with Mother Theresa. But she's very deliberately letting Ambrosia stay....

Some of you may remember Ambrosia because I was debating on rehoming her or not last year....here are pictures of her when she was younger...

She won't be left alone with them tonight but I am going to maybe give them a chance at forming a trio.

Figures that Zeus would want a harem....

Peg

Awwwwww there's enough Zeus to go around! ;)

Better get a bunch of grapes..... I invision two does feeding Zeus grapes while the cat guards the litterb..... errr bed.

Zeus actually now pees in the litterbox with the hay (Miss Bea poops in there some) and he poops in the litterbox with the woody pet...

and sleeps on the floor..

Peg

Been away for a bit, but I just had to peek in and see how Zeus has been doing! :) He looks like one very very happy bunny, and Miss Bea looks wonderful too. I'm so glad you found him Peg, and that he found you. Oh, I read back a few posts and when I read this:

I suspect Zeus and I will not have that bond I had with Tiny....and to be honest with you - that hurts a lot. I'm sitting here sort of crying about it - not weeping or wailing - just some tears flowing a bit.

...it reminded me of my days with Raph. Remember when I first got him? He and I bonded, and he followed me everywhere like a puppy...he was like my best friend. However, once I brought Anna home everything changed. Raph claimed her immediately as his mate, and he saw me as someone trying to come between them. He would lunge at me, charge me with his covert attacks launched from beneath the raspberry bushes, and attempt to take me out at the ankles. I used to literally run around the yard with a big long-eared blue bunny in hot pursuit, ready to annihilate me if given the chance. (Thankfully his clumsiness and his long ears served in my favor, for they almost always tripped him up.)
And while the rabbit jealousy on Raph's part did eventually stop, the bond was still just as strong between us even when he was playing the part of RabbitAttackPostHaste (R*A*P*H*). It was simply more of a spiritual bond than a physical one. Even if it hadn't, it simply would have meant I couldn't cuddle him, and would have to live with ankle protectors on most of the time. ;) I think you and Zeus have the same type of bond.

I have got to say that Zeus is most definitely a happy bunny here. He's been here almost 2 weeks now ..... and he does dead bunny flops all the time and he is always laying with his legs stretched out behind him.

Miss Bea is frequently by his side or they're nose to nose. They do have tiffs sometimes - but they are pretty much together 24/7 without me having to separate them.

She will come to me for pets (although she prefers treats). He will watch me pet her and sometimes he almost looks like he's getting jealous. He will let me pet him if I offer to pet him - but he will not normally come to me for pets or attention.

Still yet - last night he nudged me when I was passing out hay - like three times. He wanted me to know that he likes this hay also vs. the normal hay (I think). I was in tears because it was really his "first" attempt to reach out to me and communicate to me what his wishes were. This is a major step....so like all major steps - I cried.

Then - Theresa came in and he wanted to fight. Miss Bea stopped him (long story) and then he got mad at me and grabbed my shoe (still not sure how he had it - I can't find the teethmarks) and he THREW it at me. I both laughed and cried. I was actually glad he felt he could express his anger at me.

However, later on he was hopping by my desk and I saw him look down at my shoe and it looked like he was gonna pick it up. I said his name and he gave me a look and just kept on going.

Every day we have him - is bittersweet. I'm growing to love him more - but I'm missing Tiny more too.

I suspect that it won't be long before Zeus finds himself a "house" rabbit vs. an "office" rabbit. He loves to hop out to the living room sometimes to check things out....and he gets nervous as if he's not sure if I mind or not (I don't).

But he's becoming more confident of himself and his place in our lives....and that is a good thing.

Peg

Yo humans.....Zeus here.

Figured I might as well take control of MY blog for a bit to write about my last coupla weeks here.

First of all - the food ain't bad. It ain't great....we don't get spring mix every night and the organic vegetables. But it ain't bad either. It helps if my sweet Miss Bea leaves the leaves ON the cilantro when she tries to bring it to me.

Now - this "Peggy" person makes it seem like I'm unhappy. I'm not. I notice that she's been worried about me so I started doing some dead bunny flops and laying with my back legs stretched out so I could be sure that she knew I was happy. I let Miss Bea groom me even.....so "Peggy" ought to know I'm happy.

But there's more to life than this office.....know what I mean? I don't mean JUST the outside where I get taken sometimes either....sheesh. I mean...I see tiles on the floor...I see there's more rooms to explore. I ain't no Captain Kirk.....but I ain't no "red shirt" either. I can go exploring and come back alive. So I do so.....sometimes.

In my 'explorations" - I've discovered Ambrosia. Talk about a sweet doe.....younger than MB....a bit less....aggressive and needy shall we say? Sometimes MB kicks her out and sometimes she lets her stay. I'm working on MB to let Ambrosia join our family. After all.....I'm not sure I'm into this whole monogamy thing...... If MB can find a buck who will groom her and um....help her moodiness lately - I'm all for it. As long as she comes back to me later and we can keep grooming ourselves.

I say monogamy is for humans.....not bunnies. We need to live and love....and if that means more than one other rabbit in our lives - then so be it.

Now MB is thinking about it - she's listened to my arguments in favor of letting Ambrosia join us. Sometimes she almost likes her - sometimes she doesn't. But I suspect - with time and patience and lots of love - MB might give in.....at least she's now letting Ambrosia in the room sometimes.

On the other hand, Theresa is a definite NO from both me and MB. She's too aggressive and bossy. She thinks she should be the boss.....she's used to being in charge of the rabbitry girls.

Sorry - MB and I are definitely in charge That's a "no go" here as far as having Theresa around. But you know what...she just doesn't seem to take the hint? She keeps trying to push her way in here....why I think I've lost a couple of ounces the last three days chasing her out a lot. MB says I'm looking even better now - tighter abs or something. All I know is I don't get out of breath now when I make my run out to "the dad's" desk....

I wonder - do you think MB would've bribed Theresa to start doing this so I'd get more exercise?

Naw...she wouldn't do that - it would mean sharing the craisins or yogurt chips and ..... hey......I don't remember seeing the craisin bag lately.

Well - looks like I'm outta here - gotta go find out what MB did with the craisin bag and if she is trying to make me get more exercise....after all...she's the one who has started saying to me, "You chase her off this time...". And George and Cassanova have been snickering...

Oh Miss Bea.....darling......sweetheart....come here.....I think we need to have a talk.

<THUMP, THUMP>

Zeus

Did Zeus have his way?

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words..

Zeus, Miss Bea and Ambrosia

Hmm....I wonder how much a slideshow is work?

Click on the photo to see the slideshow....

Peg

I'm changing the title of this blog to reflect the fact that Ambrosia has most definitely joined Miss Bea and Zeus and we now have a trio. Theresa is still trying to come in and join them......but the girls will have no part of that. If it works out - I will let Theresa join them and they can have a quarter...

But I've told Zeus that is the highest he can go for his harem....no opening the rabbitry gates and inviting all of the girls to live with him....

I don't think he cares what I have to say about it...

Peg

It's 20 pictures long and I'm not sure I like the ending.....

Click on the picture for a slideshow of our photo shoot today for the St. Patricks Day / Easter contest.

Peg

The Great Hair Barrette Mystery....slideshow...

BTW - Zeus has brownish eyes I think - I'd have to look closer. They're not red and they're not blue.....we think he's "ermine" color...

Peg

I know this post is picture heavy - but the trio never ceases to amaze me.

Miss Bea is so.....whatever....she was never THIS relaxed with Tiny....(I think it was because she knew I was his first love)...

Then the trio just keeps moving and changing positions...and they stay so close to each other so much of the time...

I wound up doing another entry for Zeus.....but I don't think he's Irish enough for the pot o' gold......or maybe its something else?

Zeus2008StPatsContestEntry.jpg

Peg

It seems like everytime I turn around....they're snuggled differently....

Here's the latest..

DSCN2870-1.jpg

Peg

Latest posts

Back